Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

meetmeinthemiddle

What @EdgyLegend actually said was that she worked closely with CFINE and could categorically confirm that the Meldrums turned up without a donation. So it is of her own knowledge.
Yes but yes still not HER knowledge, it’s someone else’s (person who does actually work there not works closely with) - CFINE needs to come on and confirm to make it 100% true

Last edited:

Katiej

Why if anyone disagrees with you lot, it's a Meldrum. Never heard off her untill a few weeks back. I don't live in Scotland, I'm not related, never met her, don't follow her.

Sorry to be a dim newbie, but what’s her IG account name? There are several variations of Mrs Meldrums there and I haven’t the energy to trawl back through 40(!) threads 😆

LaCrumpet

Chatty Member
Sorry off topic on this momentous evening and sorry to everyone who says this topic has been flogged to death!!
There is a new function on Scotlis where it lists all sales of property , there was no sale in October/November 2018
It’s on net house prices. Sale was 2nd November

meetmeinthemiddle

As someone who works closely with CFINE I can categorically confirm they turned up without a donation, didn't stay long, wasn't interested unless the camera was on and they were embarrassed at how she looked down her nose at people (going as far as refusing to talk to people using the food bank when she was given the opportunity).

Still sound like someone who visited to be charitable? Or someone who went as part of a paid advert where press would be present!
I've not once said she made the visit to be charitable, it was always an ad, and it was always in collaboration with Ella's. My point is that however abhorrent you find her actions, it served a purpose to give exposure to the fact that we need to have food banks and that particular one. What is appalling is that the brand were 'happy' with the execution of this vlog.

meetmeinthemiddle

Jeez, 8 Holidays? @kerm

Food banks and the particular one she visited was very well advertised locally on social media at the time. I would doubt very much of local followers of MrsM would have visited just because of her.
But as a well executed public awareness campaign it is a sum of the whole activity?

Birdy60

VIP Member
But she’s still representing the brand - I know for fact they will have guidelines for charity involvement. How do we know she turned with nothing (I refuse to watch the blog she doesn’t need any more views!)
Hi REBECCA 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼
From now on I shall say 'today my kid threw a right old panda" I can say that as my dad's Irish and my mum's a cuddly bear.....Who's this person kidding? Really?

meetmeinthemiddle

She couldn't even be bothered to follow up with information on address, what items they need donated, contact info etc for anyone local who may have been inspired to visit and donate items. So her visit highlighted that Ella's Kitchen donate to foodbanks, no more than that. It did not serve any purpose for the foodbank in particular, nor did it address any of the discussions about why they are needed, how to access them etc.
Well it did, because we haven't stopped talking about in, how long, well since December.

Lalobadee

VIP Member
Just being nosey as its not relevant but are the kids all preschooler age or being taken out of school? As I say, just nosey. They are maybe not at the same school anyway. 🤷‍♀️

I remember and they certainly never let on it was gifted if it that's the case!! 😡 They also did a shit job of promoting it as well!! Wasn't that the trip they said the girls had thought it their best holiday? (because with their parents, not in clubs) or was that another? There's been so many I forget!
They are Scottish they don’t get fined for taking kids out of school

Honestjoe

Was the TUI definitely free? I remember Lee saying he got bargain flights from Aberdeen for under £200 each and I thought that was amazing . I love local and never fly from Aberdeen as the flights are at least £100 more than Glasgow or Edinburgh ! So sneaky the pair of them !
When was this holiday - am I getting it mixed up with the Gran Canaria holiday they did with Thomas cook ???