Mrs Meldrum #18 The Sheep Are Still Bleating, The Gym Will Be Fleeting, Nasty Tweets Were Discovered And Reb Gets Deleting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That phrase all influencers use “I only work with brands I love” is such horse tit. Who LOVES brands? It’s so odd. Fair enough I like some products by some brands. I’m loyal to my skincare brands that I know work. But I don’t bleeping LOVE the Origins brand, I just like some of their products?
I know I’m being so petty but that bloody phrase really winds me up ??

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Also, influencers are only annoyed about all this as it means everyone will be aware of how much they actually get sent. Which means, deep down, they’re embarrassed/ashamed of the amount of stuff they receive for nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Those who have organic and creative content on their Instagram/YouTube won't be too bothered by the new rules, unlike ChannelScam Mums who run like QVC and have nothing but ads and products to fill their posts!
Watching the divide is fascinating

Reactions: 22
Tonight’s blog is up make up routine so the next one is definitely gonna be hello fresh ?
It’s probably been said on a previous thread but the hello fresh ads she does are a bloody joke! The normal families that are not vloggers can not get hello fresh delivered that live in her area. So this whole “we love using hello fresh, it makes life so easy” is utter bull because other than their special delivery to make the ads they can’t actually use the service! A few people have commented before on her videos about it but she just ignores the comments. And yet she “will only work on brands she loves”. More like any brand that will pay well.

Reactions: 21
just watched the makeup video and the brush did not blend her concealer at all

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Only work with brands who show the dollar

It’s spectacular to watch. Many floggers have storied about being transparent, labelling clearly, blah blah blah, but in reality they’re all guilty of it.

Just a message to all the influencees out there: These people are not your friends. They’re not your girl/boy next door. Theyre not the parents you meet on the school run, in the supermarket, at the drs surgery. They’re completely detached from reality. Who do you know IRL that gets sent a box of food to promote? Who do you know IRL who gets sent free toys/clothes/make up/holidays to DLP or wheverver it may be? I can bet it’s no one.

Social media (unless you follow dogsofinstagram) unfortunately will eat away at your soul and make you feel inferior. It will make you feel like you’re not good enough. It will make you feel like you’re not worthy with your £2 lippy as “everyone else” has their Bobbi brown lip balms. It will subtly make you feel like you’re not providing properly for your family as you work 40hrs + a week to save for your annual holiday, a week away with your family. It will make you question why you feel so knackered, defeated and underdressed without your hashtag gifted next coat and it’ll make you look in the mirror and question your mum tum as you’re getting ready for work, shovelling in a cold bit of toast because these other mums can afford PT sessions, gym memberships, hair and make up as they don’t actually live in the real world.

I hope that society start to see how toxic this industry really is. How damaging it is for those people scrolling through, feeling demoralised, not good enough.

You don’t see the tears, the sleepless nights, the arguments, the affairs, the pile of clothes on the landing. You see the heavily filtered, posed photos of what they want you to see.

It will take the asa to start fining instead of “warning” those who are guilty of it. It’s going to take time.

They’re working on the bigger dogs by the looks of it. The made in Chelsea stars, the TOWIE z listers, the pop stars. IMO they need to work on the “instamums/huns” as their target audience are as (if not more) vulnerable as the teens when they see all the BS that is being flogged. It wouldn’t be allowed on the tv, why is it allowed online?

I’ll get off my soap box now.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
I wish daily mail would do how new rules effect insta mum's.

How the meldrums are advertising things not availiable in their postcode.

I don't think most are bothered by z list celeb as they don't relate to them in the same way.

Reactions: 16
Can we report tonight's video as an ad

She should list everything that's been gifted.

I can't even be bothered to watch.
It's so boring has over 300 likes but that's rubbish with over 100k subscribers.

If nothing going on lets post a throw back

Lee in his rented kilt as he cant afford one.
Her in super tango mode
Sheep telling her how wonderful they looked.
I bet shes been fuming in her soft office today trying to find a way around the law.
If shes so transparent why on stories as text.

But her body language when she lies is evident.

Nice to see they took kids out to something they would enjoy for a change.

She's been abnormally quiet today.

Reactions: 17
Only work with brands who show the dollar

It’s spectacular to watch. Many floggers have storied about being transparent, labelling clearly, blah blah blah, but in reality they’re all guilty of it.

Just a message to all the influencees out there: These people are not your friends. They’re not your girl/boy next door. Theyre not the parents you meet on the school run, in the supermarket, at the drs surgery. They’re completely detached from reality. Who do you know IRL that gets sent a box of food to promote? Who do you know IRL who gets sent free toys/clothes/make up/holidays to DLP or wheverver it may be? I can bet it’s no one.

Social media (unless you follow dogsofinstagram) unfortunately will eat away at your soul and make you feel inferior. It will make you feel like you’re not good enough. It will make you feel like you’re not worthy with your £2 lippy as “everyone else” has their Bobbi brown lip balms. It will subtly make you feel like you’re not providing properly for your family as you work 40hrs + a week to save for your annual holiday, a week away with your family. It will make you question why you feel so knackered, defeated and underdressed without your hashtag gifted next coat and it’ll make you look in the mirror and question your mum tum as you’re getting ready for work, shovelling in a cold bit of toast because these other mums can afford PT sessions, gym memberships, hair and make up as they don’t actually live in the real world.

I hope that society start to see how toxic this industry really is. How damaging it is for those people scrolling through, feeling demoralised, not good enough.

You don’t see the tears, the sleepless nights, the arguments, the affairs, the pile of clothes on the landing. You see the heavily filtered, posed photos of what they want you to see.

It will take the asa to start fining instead of “warning” those who are guilty of it. It’s going to take time.

They’re working on the bigger dogs by the looks of it. The made in Chelsea stars, the TOWIE z listers, the pop stars. IMO they need to work on the “instamums/huns” as their target audience are as (if not more) vulnerable as the teens when they see all the BS that is being flogged. It wouldn’t be allowed on the tv, why is it allowed online?

I’ll get off my soap box now.
????????This is brilliant! I agree 100%

• Heart
Reactions: 16
How long will this one last....!
It's gone

1 poor subscriber is telling reb how b&m do cheap copy of iconic as she knows rebs no spend jan.

The subcribers looks like a young teenager

Feel sad as reb got it for free but dident admit when others declared iconic as ad.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
The throw back Thursday picture is tragic

It’s her screaming “ look!We are happy! Look!!! We do love eachother! Look!!!!”

Good one Reb ?

She’s beyond help. ???

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Can we report tonight's video as an ad

She should list everything that's been gifted.

I can't even be bothered to watch.
It's so boring has over 300 likes but that's rubbish with over 100k subscribers.

If nothing going on lets post a throw back

Lee in his rented kilt as he cant afford one.
Her in super tango mode
Sheep telling her how wonderful they looked.
I bet shes been fuming in her soft office today trying to find a way around the law.
If shes so transparent why on stories as text.

But her body language when she lies is evident.

Nice to see they took kids out to something they would enjoy for a change.

She's been abnormally quiet today.
For someone who's never used fake tan, her back is patchy AF ?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Can you get any thicker than someone who fails the adhere to the (very simple) rules on the day they're advertised everywhere! Her video shows several items she's been gifted but nothing is listed as such.
Is she just dumb or so arrogant she thinks she doesn't need to follow the rules?
She thinks she’s covered it by putting in the notes that some are aff links and some items are gifted. Although its not made clear what i is on either.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.