Mrs Meldrum #123 Working 9 to 5, what a way to make a living!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh this has riled me.
Here we are busting our butts both working non stop for 20 years (even though I could live off my husband I choose not to) and this one swans off like the Queen of Sheba on a free holiday for what.. filming herself making cups of tea , picking up dog tit & charging people for the luxury. I don’t bleeping think so.

Did anyone else contact them ?

Reactions: 14
ASA need to be notified as well as I'm sure she should have put it was gifted.

It baffles me how they can take a free holiday and then be so stingy to not do a thing whilst there or much to promote the place.

She doesn't even follow them either, all 9ut for take take take, me me me. Rebecca would have never put her hand in her pocket and paid for this.

Reactions: 12
I think ad Is correct If they were paid for the posts and their stay covered? Not 100% sure though. Why would you give free nights during peak season? I don’t get it. You’d think they would be full, surley that’s a loss in revenue

Reactions: 6
Place can't be doing too well if they're giving away stays to influencer and the lodge is empty next week as someone posted how much you can book it for... so clearly not booked up for half term holidays. You would be raging if you had paid hard earned money for a small lodge and wee RFC Lee and begs are swanning about in the huge one 😂 one to avoid for the future then!

• Haha
It’s interesting that she has recently been gifted a couple of pretty expensive things; has she held on by the skin of her teeth long enough that brands can’t easily find out how useless she is?
The daily mail KKK story has slipped way down the google rankings and if I was a brand I wouldn’t trawl through these forums to research her.
What’s the answer to stopping lazy, racist, classist, useless influencers from getting these “gifts”?!?

Reactions: 16
o_O - that huge, well-equipped kitchen in the lodge! They could have got some things in and had fun cooking with the kids in, given the 'Baltic' climate, then been nice and warm and wrapped up to go to the swings. The little ones would maybe love making home fish and chips and setting out a picnic blanket inside, being cosy. There are so many FREE and enriching activities you can do; it really does make my blood boil when I see little ones growing up with a small plastic box with built-in cameras being a permanent extension of mummy/daddy's arm!! I mean on a basic human level their brains must think the phone as a sixth member of the family and not know any different. Such a sad state of affairs :cry:

Reactions: 14
It's cheap advertising for companies using on line fakers like the Meldrums. But it will backfire as more and more people are sick of parting with their hard earned cash to see these shady instawankers getting it for nothing. Personally it makes me immediately suspicious of the recommendation. If I see freebies, gifted or Ad I avoid the Company but I suppose the only way to express that dissatisfaction is to consistently feed that back to Companies which I do not do.

I see little point in contacting this Company, they had their trip, the Co got (poor) advertising by a lying, lazy influencer. The Co should have carried out due diligence but most just look at follower numbers and I wouldn't be surprised if she approached them herself. I get the feeling there's 'contacts' with this one, doesn't her sister work in Tourism? I think any complaint will come across as whiney jealousy. I would however be interested in their agreement with Mrs Meldrum to ensure that she does declare this. Wafting around ads in disappearing insta stories is extremely shady Begsy.

Reactions: 19
It's cheap advertising for companies using on line fakers like the Meldrums. But it will backfire as more and more people are sick of parting with their hard earned cash to see these shady instawankers getting it for nothing. Personally it makes me immediately suspicious of the recommendation. If I see freebies, gifted or Ad I avoid the Company but I suppose the only way to express that dissatisfaction is to consistently feed that back to Companies which I do not do.

I see little point in contacting this Company, they had their trip, the Co got (poor) advertising by a lying, lazy influencer. The Co should have carried out due diligence but most just look at follower numbers and I wouldn't be surprised if she approached them herself. I get the feeling there's 'contacts' with this one, doesn't her sister work in Tourism? I think any complaint will come across as whiney jealousy. I would however be interested in their agreement with Mrs Meldrum to ensure that she does declare this. Wafting around ads in disappearing insta stories is extremely shady Begsy.
I agree to a point but not on the Whiney & jealous part. ThAt plays into their narrative that everyone is jealous of them and can’t possibly be about doing the right thing . I think it’s worth letting opinions be known the the company on this one.

Reactions: 5

Her sister used to work for Stewart Travel but they went bust during Covid. She now works for a company doing online teaching.

Reactions: 2
Shady witch …. She didn’t post anything whilst she was there in case she was asked to leave …

Reactions: 15
I find it unlikely that anyone will get a response from the company, she has left and they have had an increase in followers after her stories which would have been what they wanted, to grow their social media presence to hopefully drive sales

Reactions: 2
I feel that she is welcome to whatever she gets, I just quietly take note and don’t use whatever she advertises. If companies can give things away for free to people that dont need them then they don’t need my money.

All of the gifted stuff and holidays haven’t made her happy, they look miserable.

Reactions: 27
I feel that she is welcome to whatever she gets, I just quietly take note and don’t use whatever she advertises. If companies can give things away for free to people that dont need them then they don’t need my money.

All of the gifted stuff and holidays haven’t made her happy, they look miserable.
That’s the key; no matter what she gets, what material thing she wants - nothing ever makes her genuinely happy. She gets an initial dopamine hit which quickly fades and then she’s off chasing the next shiny bottle cap. We’ve seen it time & time again with her. She’s never genuinely happy. She goes on holiday with her family and all she does is moan, she has 3 beautiful healthy children and she moans about them, she moans about her house, she is never happy with how she looks…… it’s just a never ending merry go round of her needing the next “thing” - how many times does she start a new fad or silly routine only for it to fall by the wayside after a few days or a week?
She must be exhausting to live with or spend any time around, she’s so miserable and needy.

Reactions: 26
New thread title @Foolmeonce
Thank you all.
I would like to thank Dolly Parton for the words.

9 to 5
what a way to make a living,
I won't even try,
I'm all taking and no giving.
I won't use my mind,
So all the stuff I buy's on credit,
It's enough to drive Lee crazy
If I'd let it.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I agree to a point but not on the Whiney & jealous part. ThAt plays into their narrative that everyone is jealous of them and can’t possibly be about doing the right thing . I think it’s worth letting opinions be known the the company on this one.
Oh no one is jealous of the Meldrums. 😂
I just meant it's one of these situations I see little to be gained, there's no ad to be pulled, she's had her little treat and the Co has gained followers so they'll be happy.

Her sister used to work for Stewart Travel but they went bust during Covid. She now works for a company doing online teaching.
Teaching? She should try teaching her sister some morals. 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.