Mrs Hinch #461 How much is that doggy in the window? The one with the raggedy hair?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Itā€™s Ronā€™s tree but sheā€™s put it up so high he canā€™t reach it to decorate it!
Why not put it on the floor rather than the table ao he can reach to decorate it.
Go to the shop and let him pick his own baubles, or crazy idea but why not make some baubles or cardboard cut outs for his tree that he makes himself!

she has literally no clue

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Sophie filming Henry rolling round. THIS ISNT CONTENT!!! I've seen Henry's dick more than I've seen MrMonkey šŸ˜‚šŸ˜ā˜ŗ

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Could she not have even let Ron stand on a chair at the kitchen worktop to bake his cakes? My one year manages perfect fine using this method so you know, we don't have floor muck in the mixture or have to disturb mummmaz decorative table nobody ever sits at.
My heart breaks for that poor boy, her actions are so detrimental to his development, he's literally not allowed to do anything is he

• Sad
Reactions: 44
Agree it looks great and I bet itā€™ll look fantastic when itā€™s finished. Grinch will soon be over for a photo opportunity.

I know we should t compare children but the difference between Rex and Ron is unbelievableā€¦.
Stacey let's him help and get on with stuff tho, painting the shed, rolling logs, she only ever steps in to hive him a hand when he struggles. That must be part of the reason he is so far ahead of Ronnie. He has been allowed to try, to struggle to work things out for himself. Look at that baking, when mine were two they were cracking their own eggs, (I fished the shell out when they finished but they got better with practice) tipped in all the ingredients themselves and mixed it all themselves. She just will not let him do anything without her disgusting hands grabbing away and taking over. He will never learn if he is never allowed to try. All she's saying to him is Ron you're no good and what a dreadful message that is to one so small. How does he develop self esteem, confidence and pride in his achievements if he is never allowed to try. Yes he will make a mess, that's what kids do, but it's also how they learn.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I canā€™t get over how different she looked on the pictures on dogs trust compared to her ad for the beauty box thing šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She wonā€™t let Ron do anything. I donā€™t necessarily blame her for his delays as he may be autistic or have other stuff going out. She categorically does not help him in any way, shape or form though. She hinders his development in so many ways.

You can support and aid a delayed child without helicoptering them and doing everything for them. Ron has no voice because she doesnā€™t allow him one. She doesnā€™t talk to him. She doesnā€™t ask him questions. She doesnā€™t commentate what theyā€™re doing. ā€œRonnie tipped the marshmallows in! Does Ron want to mix it, or should we do it together? You do some mixing and I can help if you need it!ā€

Sheā€™s the worst person to have a child with any sort of delay as she NEEDS quick fixes and unfortunately a child with delays will need support and patience and whatnot for YEARS potentially forever. Thereā€™s no app, no doctor, nothing that can be a quick fix. Itā€™s on the main caregivers to be persistent, consistent, patient, loving, knowledgeable etc.

Poor Ron. Thatā€™s all I can say.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Hereā€™s an idea for you Soph, why not make salt dough next time?

4 cups plain flour
1 cup salt
1.5 cups water

Ron can help pour the ingredients in, and stir, then get his hands in to bring the dough together. Help you roll it out (put it between 2 sheets of grease proof paper so it doesnā€™t get sticky and you donā€™t need flour everywhere). Then use biscuit cutters to cut out Christmas shapes.

Next day, or a few days later, let Ron go wild painting them. You can even do your own if you like šŸ™„

Easy peasy. Christmas gifts for family made by Ron. Doesnā€™t matter what colours he uses, give him a big chunky paint brush, and some nice bright paints.

I did it with my boy on Monday. Popped them in the oven to dry out and theyā€™re ready for painting next weekend on a rainy day.

Or you could buy gingerbread men and writing icing and let Ron have fun with that.

Or buy cheap plain fairy cakes from Tesco and make a few different colours of icing for Ron to go wild with. Great opportunity to talk about colours.

Donā€™t over complicate every single thing you do.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 82
Well itā€™s been a tit afternoon here.
Let me tell you Soph, you think Ron is hard work now, just wait until you have a teenager in your house. duck me. Mine has cost me Ā£100 emergency locksmith this afternoon after he left the key inside the door and forgot, until heā€™d shut the door - when he was outside the house. No way to get in as key was in the lock inside so my key of course wouldnā€™t work.

But do you know what? Not once have I made him feel stupid or even been angry at him. Not even about the cost, which I really really could not afford. I didnā€™t let him see me cry when I felt so overwhelmed that I couldnā€™t take any more.
Because heā€™s a teenager, and the world is hard right now, and he made a mistake.

What if Ronnie did that? I dread to think.

Iā€™ve caught up on 6 pages now, sitting in the dark as littlest is asleep and I havenā€™t got the energy to move from by his bed

View attachment 885743
@Andioooop I laughed so much at this that I almost woke my 3yr old šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
bleeping brilliant šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

@Bunnykins amazing recap, as always!

Tattle ads on point again while I was catching upā€¦..
View attachment 885747

Cakesā€¦. Wtf. Did anyone notice they were Sainsburys marshmallows! Wonder why not Teschoooo?

That bleeping tree. I have no words. Sheā€™s so self-absorbed. I think she canā€™t stoop any lower and then she goes and does it again.

@horseybox1982 so good to ā€˜seeā€™ you, I really hope things are okay ā¤

@xcupcakex what a worry about the insurance šŸ˜” who are you with? If same insurer thereā€™s shouldnā€™t be a problem. If different insurer, if itā€™s not actually a known / diagnosed pre-existing condition it should be okay šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ¤žšŸ»
My dog has just been diagnosed with hip dysplasia, weā€™re possibly looking at a double hip replacement šŸ˜­ so I understand the worry xxx

Ouch on the locksmith @Pollyanna263 šŸ˜˜. Iā€™m ok, life just gets in the way sometimes. The ponies are ok, Mr Horsey is ok, his rehab is slower than they expected, he needs a talking to I think, I really donā€™t want to have to do it but they want him to engage more and he isnā€™t listening to them. I get all the tit jobs šŸ˜­

• Heart
Reactions: 24
There is so much Ronnie CAN do. Hinch just doesn't know how to parent, sorry if that's awful. But Ronnie has delayed speech, not a learning disability. Ronnie can do more than Hinch is letting on. Ronnie knew what he was doing when baking. He knew when and what to pour. He knew when to stir.
I hope she carries on letting him bake.
And hope SHE learns to step back a bit. Next he could do a cake or pizza.

• Heart
Ouch on the locksmith @Pollyanna263 šŸ˜˜. Iā€™m ok, life just gets in the way sometimes. The ponies are ok, Mr Horsey is ok, his rehab is slower than they expected, he needs a talking to I think, I really donā€™t want to have to do it but they want him to engage more and he isnā€™t listening to them. I get all the tit jobs šŸ˜­
Oh duck, that sounds like the short straw.
I really hope itā€™s the nudge he needs though, you must be desperate to have him back home xx

Get the kids to do it šŸ™ˆ ā€˜Daddy you need to get better quickly and come homeā€™

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sheā€™s a control freak. I think everyone in that house needs permission from Sophie to breathe.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
She wonā€™t let Ron do anything. I donā€™t necessarily blame her for his delays as he may be autistic or have other stuff going out. She categorically does not help him in any way, shape or form though. She hinders his development in so many ways.

You can support and aid a delayed child without helicoptering them and doing everything for them. Ron has no voice because she doesnā€™t allow him one. She doesnā€™t talk to him. She doesnā€™t ask him questions. She doesnā€™t commentate what theyā€™re doing. ā€œRonnie tipped the marshmallows in! Does Ron want to mix it, or should we do it together? You do some mixing and I can help if you need it!ā€

Sheā€™s the worst person to have a child with any sort of delay as she NEEDS quick fixes and unfortunately a child with delays will need support and patience and whatnot for YEARS potentially forever. Thereā€™s no app, no doctor, nothing that can be a quick fix. Itā€™s on the main caregivers to be persistent, consistent, patient, loving, knowledgeable etc.

Poor Ron. Thatā€™s all I can say.
This exactly!

I have never met any of the Hinch tribe in person, I only know them from the "highlights" they so casually share to the world and I wholeheartedly agree.

She constantly shows us her pinning him down/grabbing him/speaking for and over him and doing things for him. Whatever additional needs he does or doesn't have are by the by, every child needs the freedom to learn surely? They clip today where she wouldn't let him take the egg and he looked devastated crushed me. Just let him make a bleeping mess Zoph, you're paid to clean it up anyway so what's the harm?

Reactions: 29
Oh no! Someone I know, the mum of my teenā€™s friend, has shared Hinchā€™s posts about dogs trust!
Iā€™m going to have to discourage that friendship arenā€™t I šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Poor Ron looking at the egg as she takes over - he canā€™t do anything because she wonā€™t let him!! LET HIM MAKE A MESS!! A proper mess then, you know as youā€™re supposed to be a cleaner, you clean up the mess!

she isnā€™t helping him Iā€™m sorry but she isnā€™t. Colourful decorations for ā€œhis treeā€ are absent. She could have taken him shopping to Poundland ffs let him pick his own decorationsā€¦.Ron do you want the red Santa to go on your tree? How about the green sleigh? Then repeat when he is allowed to put them on even if it takes some help or he takes 5 attempts to do it. There is so much she could be doing in every day things but itā€™s all shite for the gram. Poor boy

• Sad
  • Heart
Hereā€™s an idea for you Soph, why not make salt dough next time?

4 cups plain flour
1 cup salt
1.5 cups water

Ron can help pour the ingredients in, and stir, then get his hands in to bring the dough together. Help you roll it out (put it between 2 sheets of grease proof paper so it doesnā€™t get sticky and you donā€™t need flour everywhere). Then use biscuit cutters to cut out Christmas shapes.

Next day, or a few days later, let Ron go wild painting them. You can even do your own if you like šŸ™„

Easy peasy. Christmas gifts for family made by Ron. Doesnā€™t matter what colours he uses, give him a big chunky paint brush, and some nice bright paints.

I did it with my boy on Monday. Popped them in the oven to dry out and theyā€™re ready for painting next weekend on a rainy day.

Or you could buy gingerbread men and writing icing and let Ron have fun with that.

Or buy cheap plain fairy cakes from Tesco and make a few different colours of icing for Ron to go wild with. Great opportunity to talk about colours.

Donā€™t over complicate every single thing you do.
Ahhhhhh the dough decorations ā¤ā¤ā¤ I've been wanting to do them this year with my children. Thankyou for the reminder!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She keeps banging on about all this ā€˜workā€™ she has to catch up on but we never actually see what it was?!

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.