Mrs Hinch #42 This same thread’s been going for years, Hinch is boring us to tears

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s no way someone who suffers from anxiety would be able to do it. Furthest I went for about 2 months was the local shops. A massive life change like that and she’s able to just pack up and go travelling willy nilly? She is as confident as they get.
She is actually taking the piss out of people with anxiety issues 😡

Reactions: 16
I cannot begin to understand how she was able to spend the first 6 weeks of her son's life darting about holiday rentals "in the middle of nowhere". There would be so much crap you'd need lug around: bottles, sterilising equipment, nappies, travel cot, changing mats, play mats, pram, etc. I know she has a whacking great range rover to stick it all in but, for someone who claims to suffer from anxiety so crippling she struggles to travel, this surely would have been a nightmare?!

Also, I'm not sure how it works in England, but in Scotland you have midwife visits day 1,3,5 and 10 of your baby's life, and health visitor visits weekly after that until week six. Surely she couldn't have been that far from home to forgo essential checks on herself and her baby?! Although the fact that she hopped into a hot tub so soon after birth perhaps suggests otherwise!!

I would consider myself a fairly laid back parent, but this little "break" immediately after the birth of my first child, hormones raging, would have been hugely stressful. A woman who claims to be such an anxious home bird would surely have, at the very least, struggled with this?

Just another aspect of Mrs Hinch's life where you can't help but feel you're being sold something not quite right.

And, hi all! Stumbled across this thread a couple of months ago and it has been illuminating to say the least. Feel like quite the chump for buying into the brand for so long.
I smell a rat!!
Something really off about the whole thing. Why not just move into your Mum’s while the work was done?! There’s no way I could have even contemplated going off for 6 weeks with a new born!! Plus, like you say, for medical reasons etc.

Reactions: 20
I cannot begin to understand how she was able to spend the first 6 weeks of her son's life darting about holiday rentals "in the middle of nowhere". There would be so much crap you'd need lug around: bottles, sterilising equipment, nappies, travel cot, changing mats, play mats, pram, etc. I know she has a whacking great range rover to stick it all in but, for someone who claims to suffer from anxiety so crippling she struggles to travel, this surely would have been a nightmare?!

Also, I'm not sure how it works in England, but in Scotland you have midwife visits day 1,3,5 and 10 of your baby's life, and health visitor visits weekly after that until week six. Surely she couldn't have been that far from home to forgo essential checks on herself and her baby?! Although the fact that she hopped into a hot tub so soon after birth perhaps suggests otherwise!!

I would consider myself a fairly laid back parent, but this little "break" immediately after the birth of my first child, hormones raging, would have been hugely stressful. A woman who claims to be such an anxious home bird would surely have, at the very least, struggled with this?

Just another aspect of Mrs Hinch's life where you can't help but feel you're being sold something not quite right.

And, hi all! Stumbled across this thread a couple of months ago and it has been illuminating to say the least. Feel like quite the chump for buying into the brand for so long.

In my opinion she’s just made herself even less relatable to her ‘Hinchers’ like you say who can dart off to holiday cottages and ponce around in hot tubs with a young baby, doubt any of her little followers have ever had that experience when trying to adapt to life with a newborn. The more she starts to flaunt her new lifestyle, more people will wise up to what she’s really like...hopefully!!

• Angry
It's giving unrealistic expectations to expectant mothers too who will be booking little cottage getaways to spend a lovely few days with their new little family who will quickly realise when they've given birth that they will feel tired and sore and the last thing they'll want to be doing is packing up all the hoards of baby paraphernalia to go galavanging across country.

She's making it all look very lovely and romantic and idealistic but the reality for 99.9999% of new mothers and fathers will find it very different. Maybe even upsetting that they aren't up to even going to the local shop for milk, let alone on holiday.
Its another example of encouraging vulnerable or impressionabke people to waste more money on a holiday they won't even want to go on, and potentially feel pressure to go ahead with.

Also, totally agree with the hot tub comments. It's really baffled me that she's in there so soon after birth for all the reasons previously stated.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Maybe she hired a trained maternity nanny...? The reason she's looking so fab, is down to all the help, either paid for or family. I knew lots of women who did this and they bounced back mentally and physically and kept a sense of self because of the help. When you're able to hand over the child, shower, apply make up and walk free whenever you want....itll be a very different experience. It's not at all relatable, it's not real life for many and she's not helping anyone least of all herself. There's years (possibly more kids,shudder) of parenting (laughable) to get on with, it's not all cute and charming, it's mostly tit and really worrying a lot of the time....but those of you who are fully hands on, ought to be proud. Her life has a Disney filter on....

She's making it all look very lovely and romantic and idealistic but the reality for 99.9999% of new mothers and fathers will find it very different. Maybe even upsetting that they aren't up to even going to the local shop for milk, let alone on holiday.
Correct. I don't think anyone was expecting pictures of her lounging in bed for a week in her Tenna ladies a.k.a. Deliciously Ella, but the relentless portrayal of perfection and bliss in every aspect of her life is troubling for her personally and potentially damaging for a lot of her audience.

Yes, it's Instagram, everyone cultivates their content to varying degrees, but this is a woman who has built her brand on being "normal" and "real", has for years encouraged her audience to trust her and treat her like a close friend, yet she can't even show her face without a filter or facetune. She's as fake as the rest, but worse for her insistence that she's "just like us". That she's now applying her filter of distorted, polished reality to motherhood is not surprising, but disappointing all the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Absolutely laughable, did she arrange all the midwifes and health visitors to chase her around to check up on them at the holiday rentals? She's totally taking the piss. A tiny newborn in 4 locations in first 6 weeks of life?! Yeah, ok Sophie.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think she has a duty of care to her ‘shoppers’. She’s is selling an unrealistic version of parenthood... so harmful. At least Stacey Solomon is keeping it real, although personally I still remember her fagging it whilst pregnant with her second child 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 10
To be fair , the younger the baby the more portable they are and if they’re not a screamer and like being in a car seat you can pretty much do what you like if you can feed them.

I’m not suspect of her travels , why lie? but I am laughing at the fact she took family and friends with her.

She definitely cannot cope without back up or others to rely on .

Reactions: 11
There’s no way someone who suffers from anxiety would be able to do it. Furthest I went for about 2 months was the local shops. A massive life change like that and she’s able to just pack up and go travelling willy nilly? She is as confident as they get.
It took me 4 weeks to walk to my local shops after my first... and when I got there I think I cried cause I had to walk back again :( :( :( Wish I could have buggered off on hols

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.