Mrs Hinch #368 All the rest, Soph

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally - flash cards! Glad to see she’s taking on board what the nursery/S&L therapist are suggesting, although she’s missed an opportunity to engage with her followers and properly explain why she’s suddenly doing this.. suppose that part doesn’t fit in with the fairytale. Hopefully it will help little Ron come on leaps and bounds and help him gain confidence - that’s if she actually keeps it consistent and repetitive - she has all the time to slob on the sofa even more now with her dire need of ‘rest’

Reactions: 92
As a Mom of a 4 year old non - verbal ASD little boy with global development delay, the flash cards were the first thing that were suggested to us from SALT. I wonder if she has seeked advice or maybe even a private speech and language therapist? However, it is good to see and hopefully they will help Ronnie

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Bit kate to the party as per usual but throwing my opinion in to the ring regarding the flashcards..

Firstly, YES! WELL DONE ZOPH! Genuinely happy for little Ron to have something helpful and it's kind of lovely to have home made ones. Well done you!

Secondly I know this is speculation but in my experience, flash cards were the first thing the SALT guys recommended for my eldest when he was having some problems and seemed behind his peers and was having some problems with his behavior. I really do think Ronz has started nursery and he has had a referral. Which is scary as a parent I know, but so wonderful in the long run! I wish she would open up about things like this. When I was going through it I felt like such a failure as a Mum and having someone high profile speak about it may have helped me feel less alone 🤷🏼‍♀️ Thankfully in my case my boy has flourished, we think it was a case of new baby in the house upsetting him and making him regress. I hope whatever it is with Ronnie they keep up with the effort and don't let it slip when cc2 arrives!

Just to balance it out - scent boosters literally have a warning on to keep out of reach of children. Why the duck would you package them up like sweets and leave them where a toddler could see them?!?! Moron.

• Heart
Reactions: 117
Finally - flash cards! Glad to see she’s taking on board what the nursery/S&L therapist are suggesting, although she’s missed an opportunity to engage with her followers and properly explain why she’s suddenly doing this.. suppose that part doesn’t fit in with the fairytale. Hopefully it will help little Ron come on leaps and bounds and help him gain confidence - that’s if she actually keeps it consistent and repetitive - she has all the time to slob on the sofa even more now with her dire need of ‘rest’
I totally agree with you! It would be so much more relatable especially as it is common for children to experience speech and language delays

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I did SALT as a support TA for a girl with severe undiagnosed learning difficulties. She was in nursery (school nursery so she was 3) and non verbal. The flash cards are what we did for her to initiate routine and we also were teaching her to exchange a picture card with us for what she wanted. So she would eventually learn to pass us the photo of her drink to have her drink, etc.

I’d be surprised if this is something she’s thought of entirely on her own.
Either way, good on her for actually putting in the effort. He seems a bright little boy, he will pick it up eventually.

Reactions: 55
I totally agree with you! It would be so much more relatable especially as it is common for children to experience speech and language delays
Yes totally - my eldest had delayed speech and I was here there and everywhere trying to get him every bit of help and I felt like a total failure as a new mum with it all seeming hush hush. If I had followed someone on social media back then and they’d of opened up about S&L delay it would have done wonders for my mental health to know I wasn’t alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Personally I think those flash cards will help him, stuff he sees daily, the keys to let Henry out etc, great idea. I do think she’s been reading here, I think things like her tips today in stories are helpful. It’s stuff being mentioned here a lot. And I do hope that she realises it’s not hate here.
Trolling is when you send that person horrible messages or even more so, publicly comment nastily. I’ve no gripe with her really but the whole mass stock piling of cleaning stuff and sink flooding ‘hacks’ etc annoy me.
I moved house few months ago & started followed lots of folk for decorating ideas and was depressed to see so many identical house, all perfect. All super tidy.all grey. I now only follow folk with bit colour and not just showing endless pics of living room/bedroom etc. sorry for long post. Ps I have grey sophas 😂🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I know she only reads the negative on here but whether she's got help for Ronnie's development or has took on board people's concerns here, I'm genuinely pleased that she has done the flash cards for Ronnie. I think personalised ones are a nice touch as well. This is the kind of thing Sophie should be doing, for Ronnie and to show her followers. He's her child so it's up to her but this would be an opportunity to share this journey with her followers for the greater good but it is a private matter so not to he expected. See Sophie? We can praise the good things you do.

• Heart
Reactions: 90
Glad the little man seems to be getting the help he needs on his speech. Would have been picked up at nursery (assuming he’s started already as she never says he’s at nursery)

Not glad that she will make out this her own idea, and say nothing when she could be raising awareness. As it’s been said, content for the next book.

Reactions: 28
I'm also really pleased that if he has started nursery that she hasn't shown it on the gram.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
A cousin of mine had speech problems and was completely mute until the age of 5 when he suddenly announced “oh no not cornflakes again” at the breakfast table. After that you couldn’t shut him up! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 163
Might get myself some flash cards for when the pubs & clubs reopen, i know what i’m like on the ol’ razzle dazzle

• Haha
Reactions: 91
I actually love the home made flash cards idea. Especially as it’ll be more familiar things to him. I wish she would be honest, so many mums struggle especially if their child is struggling and delayed. No one is going to slate her for being honest about it. Think of the amount of people who’d give her advice etc from her followers. I can’t wait to hear Ronnie actually saying some words and thriving 👏 she’ll probably annoy me again within the hour 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 44
As a Mom of a 4 year old non - verbal ASD little boy with global development delay, the flash cards were the first thing that were suggested to us from SALT. I wonder if she has seeked advice or maybe even a private speech and language therapist? However, it is good to see and hopefully they will help Ronnie
We used flash cards then progressed to makaton. They were a lifesaver in dealing with communication issues with my son (he’s has partial hearing, ASD and GDD)

I’m not speculating on any issues Ronnie may or may not have. Regardless of the reason behind it, if there’s any at all, it’s lovely to see an attempt to ease communication with him.

Reactions: 19
Yes totally - my eldest had delayed speech and I was here there and everywhere trying to get him every bit of help and I felt like a total failure as a new mum with it all seeming hush hush. If I had followed someone on social media back then and they’d of opened up about S&L delay it would have done wonders for my mental health to know I wasn’t alone.
My Son is 4 and completely non-verbal despite trying all avenues so I really can relate to that. It would be really relatable and refreshing to know that we’re all not alone no matter who you are and it is a common thing to experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Now guyzzzz we can’t let this get lost on the last thread in all the excitement of Ronson fury’s flash cards...
A fellow tattler made an epic spot in the mutts room.

THE FISH TANK IS GONE
I REPEAT THE FISH TANK IS GONE

so flip and flop are happily swimming on down the U bend

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 136
If she's trying to get ronbot to recognise things with those flashcards she's missed off the main one .... MUMMAZZ

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Just to add @Dolly1xo our sons sound very similar. Mine is 6. He’s been diagnosed with OCD now too. One of the reason I get the rage with the huns wailing “urgh I’m so OCD over my kitchen lol lol” no love, you like a shiny sink and wanking your taps. Try coming back to me when you’re up with your kid at 3am to count the cars in the toy box and flip every light switch an odd number of times, and it’s not the first time you’ve done it that night

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.