Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Minestronesoup

I have been lurking for a while without posting but after seeing her 'troll' comment I feel like I need to point a few things out to her.

Sophie... If you are reading this... I am not here to bully you. I am not here to degrade you or to belittle you. I am not here to pass comment or judgement on your career path and how much or how little you earn from advertising or collaborations with companies. I am not here for anything 'bad'.

What I am finally commenting for is to ask you, politely just to ask you, to do some research. When you have a quiet moment one day please just go into Google and search out articles, research papers, news stories, TV programmes and documentaries about Climate Change / Single Use Plastics / Harmful Chemicals (especially during pregnancy) but also the damage to the planet (especially marine life) those harmful chemicals can do.

Create a fake Facebook account if you need to and go onto various groups (journey to zero waste is a good one to start with) and ask questions to the people in those groups, having a fake account means you can seriously ask questions without any judgement of who you are and your new found fame. They will direct you to other groups or to articles all about the harm that chemicals poured down sinks and toilets do to the wildlife of not only the UK but the whole world.

Find other groups, mums groups, or even go onto Mumsnet or some such and ask questions there about how chemicals inhaled or absorbed can affect not only you but your unborn son. How chemicals used within the environment can damage his very delicate skin once born, or his very delicate lungs.

I personally used to follow you, I thought you were funny and witty and a breath of fresh air. You pulled me out of a hole I was in and got me starting to take pride again in my home and my appearance, so for that I do thank you. But very quickly I registered the amount of chemicals you use to do one simple task, the amount of chemicals used to freshen the smells and air of your home which doesn't need it as just simply opening the windows will give your home the best blast of fresh clean air that no fake smell can replicate.

You are loving the smell of lavender now I see, well why not simple plant lavender outside your doors and windows and the smell will be so strong and so intense it will fill your whole home with a beautiful and natural smell. It will also attract pollenators which will mean you are doing your bit for the environment. You can then pick the lavender and bring it inside to pop inside lavender pillows and that is so natural and no fake chemical is anywhere to be seen yet the smell will be so super intense you would love it.

Nature has been getting cleaning products, beauty products and air fresheners right since the day man walked upon this earth. No company with factories and fake synthetic chemicals can ever replicate truly what was already there in nature. Please trust me on that one!

I am an environmental scientist. I could bombard you with facts and figures and all manner of scientific mumbo jumbo. But I won't. You have to discover the facts for yourself. You have to come to that epiphany moment all on your own. But however you do it, or when makes no difference, but please start to read and register just what it is you are doing.

You alone, as just one woman, can make a difference to your own life and that of your unborn childs. Your maternal instinct alone will be getting stronger by the day and by the time your son arrives and you hold him in your arms for that very first time it should then hit you like a ton of bricks how protective you are with him, how the thought of another person spraying harmful chemicals near his little tiny lungs will make you want to kill, how someone coming along and smearing chemicals all over his delicate skin that would make him blister and come up in a rash would make you want to hang that person... Sophie, you ARE that person. Please Google what harsh chemicals can do to babies and then see if that changes your mind a little.

But you are also an influencer with nearly 2 million followers!!! Imagine what you could do if you could get those 2 million people to follow your lead??? Wow! You would be on the highest pedestal! Even more people would follow you, people would be saying how inspirational you are, how you are doing so much to change how people view the planet, climate change, the environment, the health of babies and young children across the globe, how you are helping the world's animals by helping their environment that they live in.... Imagine that Sophie???

But you are not doing that right now, and that is why people are turning against you and trolling you. They are frustrated and angry that you are going against everything that people have been trying to change... Single use plastic, unnecessary chemicals tipped into our environment, babies and children with allergies and breathing issues... And all because of synthetic chemicals. None of which are needed as Mother Nature already provided the safer alternatives forever ago. All companies are doing is trying to replicate what is already there and charging people for it whilst simultaneously making them ill and all for the sake of money... Go figure?!?

So, Sophie, if you are reading this then I apologise for babbling on. Please do some research, please ask questions, please register what you are doing and how you alone have the power to change your ways and have 2 million people who follow your every move change their ways along with you.

Please.

Thank you for reading and even if you only make one small change it is a start. I am not asking you to suddenly become Sir David Attenborough, (although he is another good one to Google and get answers from!) but just one tiny change, say using companies that make cruelty free products or maybe not using such harsh chemicals and using Splosh or a company such as that, would be a massive start and make such a massive difference all on its own!

Signed... A very concerned environmental scientist, a woman, a mother, and a habitant of the same planet you are helping to destroy for not only myself but my own children and my future grandchildren.

PS: I am not some young environmental hippy floating about in an eco bubble, I am an educated woman of a certain age with grown up children who has been in the world of business. I know how the world works. I understand you are tied to an agency and have contractual obligations. I understand you have your hands tied somewhat on which companies you do or can collaborate with.
But remember you pull the strings also!!! They are ALL making way more money out of you than you could ever dream of earning yourself and just by that alone means you also can call the shots. You are their cash cow, you are being used by them to up their profits and all they do is feed you some of the profits and give your fame and fortune 'Andy Warhol' moment and hope you will be happy with it. Sophie, find your voice, make your demands, and they WILL listen. So get your 'caring for the environment' business head on girl and start to make your voice heard!!!

Be that change!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 49
M

Member 3661

Sophie Hinchliffe,
I really do hope you read this forum as I'd particularly like you to read this...
I'll keep it simple for you...
Today you made a story of yourself watching the Donkey Ad and they were asking people to donate (screenshot attached)
You pretended to cry or maybe you actually did cry... and you asked your audience to donate.
You then showed a clip stating you had been contacted by your phone provider to ask about suspicious activity because you had texted the Donkey Charity more than 10 times (screenshot attached)

I don't believe anything you say and I don't trust you or your husband so I checked this out... so IF someone does text the Donkey Sanctuary
they send you a text back and tell you they'll call you for a donation!!! (screenshot attached)
So my thought are that you want people to believe you sent 10 donations to the Donkey Sanctuary but in reality you lied??

The Donkey Sanctuary called me back and I have made a donation.
They confirmed this is how they take donations from the text number shown on the screen during the ad.

WHAT TYPE OF DISGUSTING HUMAN BEING WOULD LIE ABOUT GIVING TO AN ANIMAL CHARITY.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
M

Member 2143

Dying!!!! ??????

Yes dear... Some of those essential oils ARE a bit tricky when you're up the duff, but crack on with breathing in the chemicals in your cleaning products, unnecessary conditioner sprays, zoflora, bleach, carpet freshener, air freshener, febreze, flash, anti-bac sprays, bath bombs, wax melts, reed diffusers, loo cleaner etc etc. Knock yourself out with that bloo dust dropped from a massive height - baby H will love that!
Oh and make sure you top all that up with some really really crap food with zero nutritional value and plenty of e numbers.
Yep... Avoid those essential oils - indeed go out of your way to warn us about them! Thank you for that - really appreciate your concern.
Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!! ????

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
M

Member 2143

So am I, anxiety induced by showing her life for everyone to see but not liking it when people disagree with her and wondering why it's impossible that 2,000,000 don't all like what she does/says/buys. A life as an influencer is probably not for you if you expect everyone to love you all the time!
It's amazing how many use anxiety as a 'poor me' tool. However, if the penny has dropped today then anxiety could actually be a genuine thing!

We know Jamie and Mrs H are/were in sales. Do we know which companies? I have a scenario in my head where Jamie works with cleaning companies and one fine day, in a scintillating meeting, in a faceless office, in central London somewhere, they had a brainstorming/blue sky thinking session (?). The result was an ig account about cleaning. But they'd need a down to earth, easy on the eye girl next door (?). At this point Jamie jumps up with his Eureka moment and they come up with Mrs Hinch. Someone shouts out "we can have a Hinch army!" Someone scribbles it on a flip chart. "We can call it hinching!!" "Oh and shopping can be a Hinch haul!" ...."Oooh she can name all her products and give them identities so people get attached and desperate to buy them!" Cue quick scribbling on that crowded flip chart.
Then there's researching hashtags, who to follow for exposure etc etc and so it goes on. And on and on and on.
I may have thought about this a little too much but it's all so clinical and orchestrated - even down to the music (does anyone think Sophie actually came up with that?) she uses for various things.
Her account is a sales tool. End of story.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
M

Member 3661

Never read such jealous and pathetic comments in all my life, like a bunch of 12 year old school bullies.

Someone actually said to take her cake down the ‘old folks’ home? It’s her birthday cake you absolute idiot, why should she do that? Just because she’s earning a lot of money she isn’t allowed to enjoy her own birthday cake? Wow.

Ranting how she’s in bed and posting videos of her cards/presents? Well I can see exactly why you lot haven’t had nothing in bed, pardon the pun. Why do you even follow her if she makes you feel even more like the shit stains you are.

Your also calling her thick and stupid but you all can’t really be that much of brainboxes that you claim to be because none of you are on half the money she is, instead your too busy sitting on your piss stained sofa judging other people.

Jealously isn’t a attarctive trait. You don’t like the chemicals she used? Unfollow. You think the chemicals are bad for her baby? Unfollow.
You think the chemicals are bad for the environment? Unfollow. Because at the end of the day all your doing is giving her more publicity which in the long run makes her more money, which all of you hate so much.

Wasters. Go and sniff some Zoflora, make yourself happy
Good Morning Shopper,
Oh dear seems like you haven’t sniffed enough Zoflora as you’re coming across as quite angry.
Lots of judgement in your post about us too and a comment about a “piss stained sofa”... yet you come here to call us out as “bullies” ?
I’m not going to respond to the comments about us being “jealous” as it’s all been said many times before as it seems to be one of the only things you Shoppers can come up with, so IF you have read the forum you’ll know why we’re not jealous and you’ll also know the exact reasons why we have concerns surrounding Mrs H.
I made the comment about the birthday cake as I thought that at least some people would get enjoyment from it as Sophie didn’t appear to be that enthused!

If you like her then may I kindly direct you to the rave section!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Serenbach

First time commenting on the Hinch thread, I initially started following her after hearing some fellow mums at a baby and toddler group talking about her and how they’d all bought new mop and tons of Zoflora, I had a look at her profile but it wasn’t for me and I couldn’t understand the hype of watching someone relentlessly clean a new build property. I did look around my house (mid renovations with a 4 year old and few month old) and feel like I should be doing better and keeping on top of the cleaning more which isn’t a nice feeling when you’re in the mist of slept deprivation with a clingy cluster feeding baby so I didn’t follow her and moved on however now it seems you can not escape her.

My concerns as a mental health nurse and having read all the concerns about what she is actually promoting is so detrimental, I can only envisaged some of the genuinely ill people (not the ones who post a cute Pinterest quote every now I then... the ones who’s lives and families have been torn apart by their mental illness) that I have worked with over the years being sucked into this whole craze. Take a classic case of mania within a bipolar illness - overspending, getting into debt, the ‘hinch hauling’ and stocking up on an insane amount of one product is something that if I visited a patient at home with bipolar and saw evidence of this would make me think they are on the brink of relapse. Then goes with it is the actual cleaning and strange rituals and the whole idolising Mrs Hinch, her constant swipe ups are something that are hard to keep up with however for somebody in a full swing of a relapse could be so dangerous as at that time they will truly believe that they need to buy every item. I have known patients on the brink of losing their homes due to the amount of debts they have gotten in by overspending. Then when the mania starts to take a downwards turn and the low mood and depression starts that is also when I worry about these people, when they’re thousands of pounds in debt and struggling to get out of bed every day... where will Mrs Hinch and her bloody Army be then? As others have said she harps on about mental health but I’ve not known her to do any sign posting (apart to the cleaning isle of B&M). I just with people could see how dangerous this lady and her craze are.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Cassandra Cain

I love how she's all "check your labels, guys" about some BATH BOMBS and ESSENTIAL OILS not being cool for pregnancy but bleach baths, pouring shit down the drain for shits and giggles and mixing poisonous gases in your loo are all good guys!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
M

Member 2143

Right. Instagram purge coming up. Just seen about a minute of Giovanna Fletcher's stories. Which was more than enough thank you!
In paid partnership with something to do with Dubai, in a MASSIVE posh hotel suite, talking about how well her kids slept on the plane because business class is insane
Is it really Giovanna. ..Is. It. Fucking. Really. I doubt I'll ever know.
She was about to embark upon a fascinating tour of her gargantuan suite when I realised I'd had a gut full.
I need to get rid of these desperate, soul destroying fuckwits from my life.

And I just want to point out, I'm not jealous. Not for one single solitary second. What I don't like is being used as part of a thick-as-fuck-captive audience to line the pockets of others (who don't really need it).

I stopped following mod and fod about a year ago for the same reasons and I've not missed their shit once.

I am not a sheep and I will not be used.

• Heart
M

Member 3661

@BlueSunday you come across as so bitter and rude when you reply to People who dont agree with you. All you had to say was ‘you should check out their labels/look into it a bit more’ not tell me I shouldn’t know better ? you are rude and so jealous of Mrs Hinch (who I think is ridiculous btw) but the nastiness is unreal. I won’t be coming on here again. And you can all reply and defend each other all you like. The level you all go to is really sad. Over and lot you bitter bitches
Holly,
When most newbies arrive on the forum they will say a little about themselves or join in with our chat but imo your very first post was slightly aggressive, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and replied politely. I honestly don't think I was being rude and certainly not bitter.

As for being jealous of Mrs Hinch... is that really all you can come up with? ?.
I worked in the oil industry as did my husband and we bought our own house (much larger than Hinch towers) with our own money which we worked hard for. We didn't have to influence people who might not have a lot of money into stockpiling cleaning products nor try to sell them cheap tat on Ebay to pay our bills.
I have two beautiful children who are healthy and happy and are making their own way in the World. I also have 2 gorgeous grandchildren but I do worry what state the World will be in when they grow up because of the way certain people treat the environment and yes Mrs Hinch is one of those people. Hell, I even have a Mulberry handbag. So jealous eh no I don't think so... I certainly don't envy her new build box house in Essex nor anything about her because everything is fake... including her personality. ?

• Heart
S

SherlockHuns

It's amazing how many use anxiety as a 'poor me' tool. However, if the penny has dropped today then anxiety could actually be a genuine thing!

We know Jamie and Mrs H are/were in sales. Do we know which companies? I have a scenario in my head where Jamie works with cleaning companies and one fine day, in a scintillating meeting, in a faceless office, in central London somewhere, they had a brainstorming/blue sky thinking session (?). The result was an ig account about cleaning. But they'd need a down to earth, easy on the eye girl next door (?). At this point Jamie jumps up with his Eureka moment and they come up with Mrs Hinch. Someone shouts out "we can have a Hinch army!" Someone scribbles it on a flip chart. "We can call it hinching!!" "Oh and shopping can be a Hinch haul!" ...."Oooh she can name all her products and give them identities so people get attached and desperate to buy them!" Cue quick scribbling on that crowded flip chart.
Then there's researching hashtags, who to follow for exposure etc etc and so it goes on. And on and on and on.
I may have thought about this a little too much but it's all so clinical and orchestrated - even down to the music (does anyone think Sophie actually came up with that?) she uses for various things.
Her account is a sales tool. End of story.
Did you ghost write the book? ? if not you should have

I'm guessing she's gone out to b+m for today's crazzzy funny tat haul contents, yesterday was a torch so today????? Tin opener? For tonight's funny video of Jamie opening a tin of soup (because he can't face her cooking again tonight) and 'OMG Jay what are you doing? He's mad he is! He's using the Tin opener! You're crazy Jamie you're so funny! All the best!'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
H

HappyHalloween

Here's a quick article about Lush bath bombs, and the deceptive way they train their staff (I have been on the receiving end of their sales patter, which if you quiz even the slightest, they look at you blank, their knowledge is very shallow when it comes to health) for anyone interested. I love the people in this thread for being smart, really really smart, and having already done their home work about a large range of important topics inc health, chemicals, and how influencers are deceiving fans in order to get rich quick. You're all my hero's, and keep me sane amongst those rushing to copy without giving a single thought to what they're doing or why.

How anyone can defend this awful excuse for a woman I will never know.

She's lying to you every single time she open her mouth. Some tiny examples, when she talks about her book, it is ghost written, every time she tells you to pine your toilets she's paid by Harpic to do so, every time she buys 3 bottles of zoflo she gets refunded as she's an affiliate of the company, she even has a giant S on her wall made of flowers from them, every time she 'recommends' a product or a fav shop she's paid to do so, every time she swipes up to ebay or talks about ebayers it's because she receives 50-70% of each sale, and not just on the day. She did 11 on Sunday alone, and she sells out most products, and has to upload new links. she's raking it in. now it gets serious, she says herself she's not a professional cleaner, so she makes up cleaning tips as she goes along. this has included putting zoflora on your rugs, a flammable product. people copy her and sometimes end up in trouble. shes not clear with her advice. a baby was burnt, people have been hospitalized etc etc anyone who messages her to let her know she blocks them and calls them trolls. she has a completely different persona on her old twitter, telling people to f off and the like. she worked in hard core sales for 4 yrs straight that involved buttering people up to keep sales coming in, exactly what she's doing now, it's on her linked in which she's now hidden. i won't even begin on the harm done to our environment which is already under massive pressure. i want to share links but it's terrifying. it's now or never to clean up.

If ANY of you fans still think this is a good person, and what you're seeing is legit, you're crazy. she will say whatever it takes to get you to love her, give her sympathy, but she is the devil in disguise, make no mistake about that. she dumbs herself down just to win you over, and puts women back 100 years.

We are not bad people, we actually care more about her crazinesses health and that of her baby and dog than she currently does! she's already been hospitalized for dehydration and vitamin deficiencies while pregnant and she's continued to guzzle lucozade and promote eating endless crap like 33p cheese mugs meals, slimfast, endless sugar etc etc she likes to sit and smell bleaches and other chemicals. she's mental. following her will ruin your health. If you want to chat with us, please do! we are a friendly bunch, but please, do your homework first, or ask q's if you're not sure. if I'm wrong about something I'll put my hands up, i love to be educated. I've learnt so much about influencer deception from this thread. But i try to do my homework before I comment, anyway i appreciate everyone here, and there's open arms here for any new commenters always <3 Hope everyone stays healthy and happy!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
M

Member 3661

I believe the show she's going to see tonight is suitable for age 6 upwards so hopefully she should be able to understand it.

• Haha

vodkandcokeplz

Chatty Member
Imagine your birthday being on a Saturday and you get to spend the most perfect day/night doing everything you love.. but you have to take a minky everywhere you go to keep up the hype for sales on a book you didn’t even write :ROFLMAO: Fml

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ugh she is so bloody aggressive. Who’s red faced, certainly not me... I’m confused, Don’t you love playing the dumb blonde Sophie?? ? I’m new here btw, nice to meet likeminded people. I totally turned off her when one day she put a story up saying she went onto pound stretcher and there was a fabric softener in the section that says recommended by Mrs Hinch. She told the staff member she didn’t know the brand, and the staff menber said I’m sure Mrs Hinch does, and she said well I am Mrs Hinch mate (or something to that effect) said she couldn’t help herself... such a narcissist.

• Heart
  • Wow

Cassandra Cain

CF31886C-5C32-4A79-8918-EFB1118FDC58.png

No Soph, you go ahead hun and you pine those toilets. Drop that Bloo powder from up above and sniff the Zoflora to your heart’s content.

My issue is you have 1.8m Hinchers watching your stories doing the above, please show an element of responsibility and accountability in your actions. People, rightly or wrongly, are following your lead pouring chemicals down the sink, cleaning already perfectly clean toilets and becoming thoroughly obsessive in the name of “Hinching”.

So cleaning your toilets however you like is totally fine, until you’re an influencer and have nearly 2M people watching.

• Heart

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
Never read such jealous and pathetic comments in all my life, like a bunch of 12 year old school bullies.

Someone actually said to take her cake down the ‘old folks’ home? It’s her birthday cake you absolute idiot, why should she do that? Just because she’s earning a lot of money she isn’t allowed to enjoy her own birthday cake? Wow.

Ranting how she’s in bed and posting videos of her cards/presents? Well I can see exactly why you lot haven’t had nothing in bed, pardon the pun. Why do you even follow her if she makes you feel even more like the shit stains you are.

Your also calling her thick and stupid but you all can’t really be that much of brainboxes that you claim to be because none of you are on half the money she is, instead your too busy sitting on your piss stained sofa judging other people.

Jealously isn’t a attarctive trait. You don’t like the chemicals she used? Unfollow. You think the chemicals are bad for her baby? Unfollow.
You think the chemicals are bad for the environment? Unfollow. Because at the end of the day all your doing is giving her more publicity which in the long run makes her more money, which all of you hate so much.

Wasters. Go and sniff some Zoflora, make yourself happy
Can I just say that your salary is not always an accurate reflection of your intelligence or qualifications. I am a lab scientist/zoologist with a masters, there's also a vet, a doctor and an environmental scientist on this thread to name a few that I've seen. We certainly don't make the money Mrs Einstein does but that's because we make an honest living doing something actually worthwhile.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19