Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Littlesunfish

First time poster, long time lurker. I’ve followed MH on Instagram since the summer last year (I can’t remember the exact date). She struck me as being just an easy, breezy woman who loved cleaning, her home and her dog. I suffer with severe anxiety and OCD as well as other mental health disorders. Part of those have made me clean religiously everyday since I was young - whether I wanted to or not. We are taking the legit version of OCD, thinking tragedy will strike your family down if I don’t bleach the floor before bed. It is awful. And I always look for something to take my mind away from all these things. And she seemed fun. But by Christmas I was starting to see weird things happening when I was trying to buy stuff online that I normally would buy. Zoflora for one, Ive always had a bottle. But that’s because I’ve used it for years and only to wash my bin out when it gets stinky! My gran taught me it was the best thing to use about a million years ago :LOL: I noticed friends and family were stockpiling cupboards with obscene amounts of cleaning stuff. Then they’d just laugh and say “Mrs Hinch made me do it”. And I was thinking “what the fuck? You are intelligent people and you’re filling cupboards with 20 bottles of Paul the Pine which smells like when you would barf up at school and the janitor would clean it up”. She was working her way into their heads and mine. Mine because I was thinking I wasn’t good enough. It made my cleaning obsession worse. I didn’t buy her cleaning stuff because of my routines, I only ever use the stuff I’ve been using for years and can’t stray from my weird little OCD path. I started spending on things to make my house perfect. Thinking my hair wasn’t good enough, that I had to have make up on everyday etc etc. Thinking if she was a stay at home person, like me, then I could and should be doing the same. Look glamorous, have a perfect home and prance about shopping all day whilst getting your nails done. I was falling down a Hinch hole. I even thought, well if she eats those Dorito things, I have to. So when looking for the recipe online as her story with it on had gone (I now laugh at that! Recipe :ROFLMAO:) I found Tattle. Not going to lie, I was shocked at the comments about her. But then, over a few visits back here and comparing her stories and shite on Instagram (I’m not on Facebook) I was starting to put 2 and 2 together and realise she is scheming, clever, money grabbing cow. And when she laughs it’s almost as if she is laughing at the people still following her and buying everything she even points her phone at. It broke me, I felt an utter fool. So, I’m sorry for the weird long story but I just want to thank you guys for opening my eyes to such a leaching, scheming woman who plays dumb but is clearly laughing her clever little head off all the way to the bank.
Ps - I never made or ate the Doritos thing. So you lot saved me from eating that shite!!

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I have a lady who follows me and she has a small business that sells pre packed hospital bags. She sent one to Hunch. Months ago. Not a mention or even an acknowledgement. Ungrateful much?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 54

raynorxo

She will be like “Jamie handsomes mans can you get baby handsomes out of dorgeous handsomes mans dog bowl I’ve got my acrylics stuck in a family bag of milky white buttons and the other is covered in pink stuff trying to shove that banging shit you did that’s blocked the loo down the pipe while trying to film myself being Gretal doing eyebrow dancing and Beyoncé shoulder popping that looks like I’m having a seizure cos I’m hilarious and my hinchers live for it . Rings Nannas for an emergency toad in the hole , I’m only learning I didn’t know children needed watching and looking after ,I’m a first time mum “

• Haha
Reactions: 53

Nikkijj

Gutted that tattle has completely lost its edge now as far as hinch is concerned. When I joined it was an eye opener, exposing MH for her lies, dodgy deals, sales background etc. It really helped me and other newbies see what she was doing.

Just catching up tonight after being sick for a while and wtf happened??? Its turned into a Facebook group hybrid with mumsnet. No offence but its shit.

I don't care what nightie you took to the maternity ward, your milk, your stitches or what fucking pads you used. Actually I'm not interested in any of that stuff with MH either. That's not relevant to how she scams people and takes advantage of vulnerable followers.

The Internet is pretty big, sure u can all find a platform to share ur horror stories re childbirth. Don't hijack tattle.

And if you seriously want to know how to make soapy water follow a cleaning account on insta and ask there.

Rant over.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

raynorxo

We all know the first post she puts on insta of her and the baby will be her heavily made up, hair perfect. Unlike everyone else who looks like they’ve been drowned in a pool on sweat & blood & look utterly exhausted & like a fresh corpse
With the butterflies filter !
I looked like I had done a few Davina annoying McCalls fitness DVD’s then got ran over by a bus ,twice .
and that was just the conception

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

ReadingAlong

Hi everyone. I’ve been reading along and wanted to comment on something. Every once in a while, someone here asks “why don’t they (Hinchers) see what is really going on?!”

I was reading a book by Dave Ramsey, and while it is about financial fitness, a passage he has written jumped out at me in explaining the phenomenon we see played out by the hinch army. Namely that people are too heavily invested in the lie that they begin to believe it and even help propagate it. Basically, they have invested so much time, money, (and I would add their personal/online reputation) into the lie, that it becomes harder and harder to stop living the lie, and they become disciples of the lie.

I’ll attach it for anyone interested. I’ve highlighted the most relevant parts.

And also, if Jamie had been using that bottle of Cif spray, he would not have placed it on the counter that way naturally, with the nozzle facing that way, whether he is left or right handed. Blatant product placement is right.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 50

NotSherlockHuns

Well when I was 11 months pregnant I ran the London marathon, then went straight to work after to do a 16 hour shift, came home, cleaned the house, went to crossfit and that was 7 days a week with a 10 year old strapped to my back!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Hey all, I’m new here! Found out about this as someone had asked little miss mops what she thought of clean honest livings account and here I am!

Wow. I feel so thick for ever jumping onto any of grinches trends! I started to get skeptic around Christmas time when she was linking to things like Christmas tree decoration holders amongst other pointless tat but I kept following and found it motivating to do housework but then as days go on the more and more swipe ups for things made me think what is all this about she’s not even cleaning anything that’s dirty either! The only accounts I actually enjoy watching for cleaning now are dazzling cleanings and little miss mops as they actually clean dirty things and are more relatable to my lived in house!

I am so embarrassed to admit i do have a basket of Zoflora, about 10 minkys, 6 scrub daddies, and a cupboard dedicated to cleaning supplies that I don’t really need!! I never bought into the big ticket items like the shark hoover, steam mop but I did look at them and thankfully my other half talked me out of it and he’s said all along she must be making a mint from all this flogging. I’m really glad I found this forum as it’s really opened my eyes and I needed that!!

Now everytime I see her post a story I cringe and it’s so obvious all the tactics she’s using!! Those boots maternity products she done today are utter lies!! I had my little one 2 years ago and tried the boots maternity pads and threw the packet in the bin they were useless there’s no way anyone would recommend them!!

She really annoyed me when she was posting about the Tommee tippee stuff too. And the countless excuses for not breastfeeding that followed! Like I don’t care how she feeds the baby but as an “influencer” she shouldn’t be promoting formula feeding products with demos on how “easy” they are to use along with excuses as to why she probably won’t breastfeed it just seems really unethical to me to use that platform in such a way when regardless of how you feed a baby it’s not easy and now all these people will be out buying tommee tippee machines to be just like her.

I saw in one of the threads here a video of her at a Dunelm event and she has such a confidence about her talking to this table of people, her body language, tone and persona all were the example of the complete opposite to what she portrays on her stories! I remember watching one of her stories before when she was so grateful for all her followers and she was “emotional” and it really appeared like she was fake crying? I give her the benefit of the doubt then but now there’s no doubt in my mind she won’t stop at any level to make money, nothings off limits to her! To use mental health as a way of bringing people together is disgusting when she’s effectively making it worse by getting all these people to buy all these products and then they are left with bills they can’t afford! I am embarrassed that I fell for it for so long but I’m glad I didn’t get in debt over her it could have been much worse!

Wow I went off on a rant there lol but guess what I really want to say in summary is thank you all for exposing this lady for who she really is and what she really stands for!!

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Paddington_Bear

Well I got some hot Goss last night about MH.

I was at a BBQ and met an old uni friend who is very popular on Insta with a cleaning account 70k + and we got talking.

I asked how hard it was and her opinion on MH. She was very sheepish to begin with then told me that she was really horrible and that her 'people' are vile. At the beginning she said she was naive and when a brand approached her for an Ad she said yes. Two weeks later MH people asked her if she wanted to do a Collab and took over the ad contract. She then heard nothing for months until an Insta story from MH showed she'd done the ad without her! Apparently this has happened a few times with others.

Also she apparently she declined so many events because she hates not having full control of photos/ videos etc.

She has been working with a brand for a while now, and asked them once why they chose her. They said that because she's about the cleaning and helping others with tips. The bigger accounts ie MH have no actual interest in the product, or actually know anything about cleaning (chemicals etc)
Here cracks are showing and people and sick of her bull shit.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Megsx

Just a random comment really but made me laugh.. my mum follows MH but we don't really discuss the issues around her as she's not exactly a die hard 'Hincher' (although she did get me a scrub daddy once) and I hadn't mentioned Tattle to her because she'd wonder why i'm spending my life reading 22 threads instead of my actual job. Anyway, just had our usual lunchtime chat and she sounded so enlightened that she had found a new insta - Clean Honest Living - and she is quite shocked at not realising how gimmicky the MH craze is.. so then we had a long chat about Tattle and she is probably lurking right about now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Just want to say I really like Mrs Hinch. I have a degree. I know how to clean and I’m not swept away by her at all. I believe she is just riding the wave atm, and why shouldn’t she?! I’ve met her and she’s really lovely in person. We all have opinions on people - hence this site - but I would never be malicious or nasty about anyone, regardless of if they have two followers or two million. I hope she is better soon and that baby is safe and well :) that’s all.
I don’t think anyone would have a problem with someone “riding the wave”. It’s a lot more sinister to that. If she was openly honest and had organically gained this level of success fair play but it’s the lack of disclosure that she is profiting so much. She has encouraged people who shop in stores that are frequented mostly by people on lower incomes to spend and stockpile products that she receives thousands to promote. She consistently breaches advertising rules when promoting products and fails to disclose that prior to becoming a hairdresser turned influencer that she was a highly successful sales woman. I think if she was honest and complied with advertising laws and made her following aware of her background and how much she really is earning from those “helpful swipe ups” then yes fair play, but it’s very cruel to target people with mental health problems and make a profit from them that doesn’t benefit their well-being long term.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

raynorxo

I think it’s quite sweet that she actually thinks she will have the time to style her hair and apply tinted lip moisturiser and sit fanning her self or maybe Carlonehairstyleforzlistcelebsbembridge will
be stopping by to do her mermaid waves with a messy bun .
She is going to have the shock of her life .
I bet if it was humanly possible Jamie would be giving birth to baby handsomes the baby for her he bloody does everything else , I can just see him now legs akimbo in the stirrups and little blue plastic covers on his buff tings . It’s crowning mate . ATB

• Haha
Reactions: 43

NotSherlockHuns

Do we have to have bloody birth horror tales and how clean was your house competitions Ffs. No one wants to read about fanny tears and HV horror stories. She doesn't need a baby gate until the baby can crawl. I'm sure although it comes across that she's clueless she's not a complete moron. Please take it to mumsnet so I can easily avoid it as I know what I'm letting myself in for. This is tattle, noone cares what your house is like or how your child ripped you in half when it came out

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

NotSherlockHuns

Those suitcases 😂 where does she think she's going to give birth? The hilton? Imagine her rolling up with her #gifted chav bags like an extra from Towie.

Only hinch could giggle at maternity pads and breast pads, is she 12?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40