Mrs Hinch #2 Snapchat Filters And Cleaning The Bog, All Those Chemicals Are Killing The Dog.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else conscious of being branded a Hincher for looking at certain cleaning products?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Honestly I like zoflora but I buy one!! Wtaf
Oh god, some of the people in these cult groups regularly brag about clearing the shelves. I called one out for being selfish and she thought she was hilarious! It's beyond tragic that people think it's ok to ruin it for everyone else. I swear by Zoflora, always have (long before the Hinch create came along) but there's any left because of these idiots!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Anyone else conscious of being branded a Hincher for looking at certain cleaning products?
No, as I don’t think looking at a product, or purchasing certain items is the issue, it’s the bulk buying madness, mixing of said items, photos of toilets, vases of flammable zoflora soaked fake flowers on cookers, trays of candles on beds, and somehow wanting to broadcast all of this and call it ‘hinching’ All so some money mad Essex woman will notice you that’s the issue. In my humble opinion anyway.

Reactions: 12
Me too! I’ve beem buying zoflora since it was in wee glass bottles and had 4 fragrances i use it everyday on sometimg but saturating fake flowers & mixing it with other chemicals is beyond madness

Reactions: 11
Yes I was highly offended when some amateur in the cleaning isle asked me if I was a hintcher because In was holding Zoflora.

Been using it for years but like I've said previously she's pushed the price down so I'm pleased about that. Also my Zoflora dealer is stocking more scents.

I get a bit paranoid at the checkout now thinking oh god do they think I'm one of them...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just watched her last nights stories and when she got back home she looked in the little bathroom downstairs and lamented how wonderful it smelt as she’d left bleach in the sink and bog all day... I’m assuming for maybe six or more hours as she was in London the majority of the day. I thought omg the downstairs must stink but my main worry was that as soon as they got home Henry was desperate to get back out... she claimed it was to chase a fox but I think he may have been overcome with the smell and also when she let him back in he ran straight upstairs!
I worry that one day that wee dog isn’t going to wake up! We had the exact same dog as this until he died of cancer aged 14 and he had more life in him even in old age than Henry does now and I think he’s only 3.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Yes I was highly offended when some amateur in the cleaning isle asked me if I was a hintcher because In was holding Zoflora.

Been using it for years but like I've said previously she's pushed the price down so I'm pleased about that. Also my Zoflora dealer is stocking more scents.

I get a bit paranoid at the checkout now thinking oh god do they think I'm one of them...
???

Just watched her last nights stories and when she got back home she looked in the little bathroom downstairs and lamented how wonderful it smelt as she’d left bleach in the sink and bog all day... I’m assuming for maybe six or more hours as she was in London the majority of the day. I thought omg the downstairs must stink but my main worry was that as soon as they got home Henry was desperate to get back out... she claimed it was to chase a fox but I think he may have been overcome with the smell and also when she let him back in he ran straight upstairs!
I worry that one day that wee dog isn’t going to wake up! We had the exact same dog as this until he died of cancer aged 14 and he had more life in him even in old age than Henry does now and I think he’s only 3.
I feel so sorry for that poor little dog

She will probably soak baby wipes in zoflora as well to ensure babies bum smells like 'fresh linen' or 'country garden'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I do not dislike Mrs Hinch, she is not up her own arse like so many influencers! But seriously,the chemicals in that house are scary! How can you love the smell of bleach when you get home?
Bleach, oven cleaners, and other cleaning agents can harm an unborn baby. You should limit your use of these chemicals and take protective measures when you use them. .
Expectant mothers who use a lot of household cleaning products may increase the risk of their child developing asthma”, the Daily Mail reports. The article says that researchers claim to have found a link between wheezing and asthma in young children, and their mothers’ use of cleaning products such as bleach and air freshener during pregnancy, or shortly after birth. The study found that mothers increased the risk of their child developing persistent wheezing by the age of seven by up to 41%.
This research shows an association between the use of household chemicals during pregnancy and asthma in the child. The study has limitations, as there are many causes and triggers for asthma. These include heritability from parents and environmental factors such as smoking, animal allergies, pollen, dust mites or foods, medications, infections, emotions, stress, and cold weather. The authors have taken some of these into account in their analyses.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh what will she do if her child can't tolerate all the chemicals.
Not just on clothes but in the air.
I have a vague hope that she doesn't inflict it on her child, that she realises that babies just don't need much to keep them clean.

Edit : reading the above post is scary as duck, asthma is not to be messed about with, breathing is kinda essential to life.
I hope she's reading here and takes notice.

Reactions: 14
Oh what will she do if her child can't tolerate all the chemicals.
Not just on clothes but in the air.
I have a vague hope that she doesn't inflict it on her child, that she realises that babies just don't need much to keep them clean.

Edit : reading the above post is scary as duck, asthma is not to be messed about with, breathing is kinda essential to life.
I hope she's reading here and takes notice.
I posted the dangers of chemicals and correlation to childhood asthma,the research
Was carried out by The University of Bath and Brunel University,here are detailed research notes! Very scary stuff. When someone has 1.6 million followers who copy every product she uses the long term effects could possibly be measured nationwide I.e make such an impact that childhood asthma rises to the point that national statistics change!
J Henderson from the University of Bath and colleagues from Brunel University and the University of Aberdeen carried out the research. The study was funded by the UK Medical Research Council, Wellcome Trust, and University of Bristol. The study was published in the peer-reviewed medical journal: European Respiratory Journal.
What kind of scientific study was this?

In this cohort (group) study, the authors assessed the effects of maternal use of domestic products during pregnancy on subsequent wheezing and lung function of the child up to eight years of age.
The researchers used participants from the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children, which involved 14,541 pregnant women who were due to give birth in the Bristol area between April 1991 and December 1992. Expectant mothers completed a questionnaire on various health and lifestyle aspects, which included questions on their use of 15 chemical-based household products and how often they used them.
At six months, and 18, 30, 42, and 81 months after birth, the parents were sent questionnaires on the child’s pattern of wheezing (if any) to put them into six different categories according to the age that the wheeze began and how long it persisted for.
When the children were 7 ½ , they had skin prick tests to look at their susceptibility to six common allergens (house dust mites, cat fur, mixed grass pollen, mixed nuts, peanut and milk) and the child was classed as having an allergy (being atopic) if they had a skin reaction to cat, pollen, or dust mites. At 8 ½ years of age, the children had a lung function test to examine any degree of restrictive lung function (adjusted for age, sex and height) that would indicate asthma.
Of the 15 products in the original questionnaire, the researchers conducted further analyses on the 11 most frequently used products (including disinfectant, bleach and aerosols). A score was given to each product on how frequently it was used, and these were added together to give a total composite household chemical exposure score (CHCE). The researchers used statistical analyses to look at the relationship between this score and asthma symptoms. They took into account possible confounding factors such as maternal smoking, educational level, occupation, asthma history, number of previous children, age, environmental smoke, pets, housing conditions, and the season in which the questionnaire was taken.

What were the results of the study?

From the 14,541 pregnancies, 13,988 children survived to one year of age. Half of these children had sufficient data on both wheezing symptoms and their mothers cleaning product use during pregnancy to be included in the analysis.
By age 7 ½, the proportion of children in the six categories of wheeze were as follows:
  • 56.9% children never wheezed, i.e. no wheezing at any of the five time points.
  • 26.7% had early-onset transient wheeze, i.e. wheezed at 0–18 months but not at 69–81 months.
  • 6.3% had intermediate-onset transient wheeze, i.e. no wheeze at 0–18 months, but wheeze at 18–42 months, and no wheeze at 69–81 months.
  • 5.8% had early-onset persistent wheeze, i.e. wheeze at 0–18 and 69–81 months.
  • 2.1% had intermediate-onset persistent wheeze, i.e. no wheeze at 0–18 months, but wheeze at 18–42 and 69–81 months.
  • 2.3% had late-onset wheeze, i.e. onset of wheeze after 42 months and before 81 months.
The average CHCE score, on a scale of 0 to 30, was 9.4. Slightly fewer children were available to compare CHCE scores with lung function and skin prick testing. Of the children who underwent skin prick testing, there was a correlation between atopy and wheezing symptoms, with 62.4% of the intermediate-onset persistent wheeze group having atopy compared to 18% of the ‘never wheezed’ group.
The researchers found a minimally significant increase in risk of only early-onset persistent and intermediate-onset transient wheeze with increased CHCE score. When they separated the group into the children whose skin prick tests showed them to be atopic and those who weren’t, they found the greatest risk figures for early-onset persistent wheeze in non-atopic children with an increased CHCE score (the 41% figure reported by the news) and for late-onset wheeze. There was also a minimally significant increase in risk of intermediate-onset persistent wheeze in non-atopic children. The use of household cleaning products did not affect the risk of wheeze in atopic children.
The researchers found no significant relationship between cleaning product use and lung function tests.

What interpretations did the researchers draw from these results?

The researchers conclude that their results are in agreement with previous studies that suggest a link between chemical use in the home and persistent wheeze in childhood.
They also say they have shown that these associations persist for transient-wheeze for up to seven years of age, and are particularly strong in children that are not otherwise demonstrated to be atopic. They speculate that this may be due to irritant effects on the developing airways either before or after birth.

Reactions: 8
Honestly I like zoflora but I buy one!! Wtaf
I have used Zoflora for years, my Grandma used the Lavender one,my corner shop used to have a dusty tray of it,I think I was the only person to buy it! I haven’t been able to buy it for ages! And Minky sponges! Gone! Apparently they are selling on ebay for £25 each ?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Omg out come the chemicals again dettol.on the curtains really shes mad

Yer but you are forgetting one thing sophie if you go back on this morning you wont be able to use a filter

• Haha
That’s bonkers!! Febreze once in a while maybe or just open the window

Reactions: 6
Omg out come the chemicals again dettol.on the curtains really shes mad

Yer but you are forgetting one thing sophie if you go back on this morning you wont be able to use a filter
I thought that... Who tf and why tf would you Dettol your curtains? Just spraying stuff for the sake of it. Must be dettol's promo week. The amount of companies that must get in touch on a daily basis will be shocking. When she's not filming herself spraying stuff, she must be going through all the offers selecting the most lucrative ones. She's not like Team Tomm who only recommends stuff if she has used it a few days and honestly rates it. You can tell Sophie just gets stuff delivered and promptly shares or with her hinchers... Who blindly think she's doing them a favour. Going through the m&s box the other day, you could tell she'd not looked through it before, hadn't tested any of it, or read any of the packaging. She's just pushing things through the insta-conveyor belt.
Also, does anyone else notice the possible little digs at the thread here? Like making a point of mentioning Henry had just been for a walk, mentioning about cleaning her sink all the time. Also, her song choices often have a little dig in them - or is it just me being paranoid?!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.