Mother Pukka - Anna Whitehouse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I messaged her today because she posted some poor HR advice on her feed, I was polite but it’s unread and not responded too 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I messaged her today because she posted some poor HR advice on her feed, I was polite but it’s unread and not responded too 🙄
She only replies if you can give her something she needs. I messaged her on quite a few things and never read and then I offered her a contact on something she wanted and she messaged straight back on the beg, but gave her some help and not so much as a thanks. So I’m always interested when people come on here and say how marvellous and friendly she is.....I thought that too but got completely used and not even a thanks. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think people should have to respond to every message they get, I don’t and I’ve got about 100 followers but then it’s not my job? I do think though if someone is providing you with something it would be nice to engage and thank that person. Went to her McDonald’s thing too, which was the biggest waste of an hour ever!

Reactions: 11
She only replies if you can give her something she needs. I messaged her on quite a few things and never read and then I offered her a contact on something she wanted and she messaged straight back on the beg, but gave her some help and not so much as a thanks. So I’m always interested when people come on here and say how marvellous and friendly she is.....I thought that too but got completely used and not even a thanks. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think people should have to respond to every message they get, I don’t and I’ve got about 100 followers but then it’s not my job? I do think though if someone is providing you with something it would be nice to engage and thank that person. Went to her McDonald’s thing too, which was the biggest waste of an hour ever!
I’m sure she replied to me once with a link asking to buy her book or some other tit

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
How does she propose to help me? I have to rely on a childcare bubble with my mum. I have no choice but to leave my house to go to work, full time, every day. As does my husband. My mum can only do so much with regards to educating him and frankly, I’m appreciative that she even tries to teach him. I can’t work from home and I can’t afford a new laptop that my sons school requested I get for him yesterday as is old knackered one won’t support Microsoft teams properly. Yesterday, I took a phone call at work from school moaning at me for not uploading my sons schoolwork in time. I am drowning in work, I am drowning in guilt and I am drowning in anxiety and quite frankly I wish she would shut the duck up moaning about being afforded the privilege of being able to be at home with her children. I’d love that opportunity but alas the bills still need paying and I am grateful to have a good job.
If you
and your husband have to physically leave the house to work and can't do your job from home then surely you would both come under the critical worker scheme. Why won't the school take your child??

If you
and your husband have to physically leave the house to work and can't do your job from home then surely you would both come under the critical worker scheme. Why won't the school take your child??
Because when I filled in our forms and submitted them to school, the head teacher contacted me to tell me unfortunately they were full with children of NHS workers and vulnerable children.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Because when I filled in our forms and submitted them to school, the head teacher contacted me to tell me unfortunately they were full with children of NHS workers and vulnerable children.
That’s terrible, I’m sure they could take your child if they wanted to. There are loads more children attending my child’s school now compared with the first lockdown. It’s up to the headteacher’s discretion when it comes to allowing children to attend, so quite frankly, if you can’t facilitate your child to work, then the school need to either admit him, or stop moaning at you.

That's ridiculous. I'm sorry the school hasn't supported you, they really should have.

That's ridiculous. I'm sorry the school hasn't supported you, they really should have.
I was not happy, but, ours is quite a small school in an underprivileged area. I hope to think that the children that are still attending, in the place of my boy, are there because they *need* to be if you get my meaning.

• Heart
Bravo Anna - such a blend of different class woman you have in your arsenal there....... 🙄

• Heart
Her face is like that cause of the Botox lol

I thought being a SAHM was a choice ? Or is that just me ??
Not in all circumstances- child care costs can be prohibitive. My circumstances are different but having a child with complex needs means one of us needed to stay at home (appointments etc) and as the lower earner that had to be me. Not much choice there.

Reactions: 10
I'm a SAHM now but I used to work part time. Working part time was definitely harder. But
When my kid was in nursery, I wasn't making his lunch, clearing it up, changing his nappy, getting him to nap, setting up activities, tidying his toys, clearing up after paints and play doh. Sorry but I really resent this narrative that Working parents are doing everything stay at home parents are. Of you aren't physically with your child you are still their parent but you are not patenting them in that moment. My husband works full time and is away 4 days a week he would never try to say he does all the stuff I do.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just realised that Matt has switched to his full name on Instagram and not papapukka anymore. With Lucia dropping the grandmother pukka too, is this the end ofthe "brand"?

I'm a SAHM now but I used to work part time. Working part time was definitely harder. But
When my kid was in nursery, I wasn't making his lunch, clearing it up, changing his nappy, getting him to nap, setting up activities, tidying his toys, clearing up after paints and play doh. Sorry but I really resent this narrative that Working parents are doing everything stay at home parents are. Of you aren't physically with your child you are still their parent but you are not patenting them in that moment. My husband works full time and is away 4 days a week he would never try to say he does all the stuff I do.
We both work full time and have 2 children, we still have to do everything, it’s a balancing act!

Reactions: 3
We both work full time and have 2 children, we still have to do everything, it’s a balancing act!
If they are home full time because of the pandemic sure. But when they're being looked after by someone else it's not the same. I'm talking about being the non working parent of kids under school age vs working outside the home.
My kids are school age now and it's a doddle in comparison!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.