Mother Pukka - Anna Whitehouse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly I think she’s working it worse. I’m in this situation and it’s beyond tit, but a pity party doesn’t help. She got no real proposals or practical advice to help she’s just fuelling stressed out parents (who aren’t always women either!!)
I very much agree. I’m home schooling and working too, with more than one child under the age of 10. It really is hard but it is also a complete privilege. Nurses, teachers and supermarket workers don’t have the privilege of staying at home, trying to juggle and make it work. There are others who live alone, completely isolated. It is hard for everyone. This campaign is like a pity party for privileged parents. What does she want to achieve?

Reactions: 12
I very much agree. I’m home schooling and working too, with more than one child under the age of 10. It really is hard but it is also a complete privilege. Nurses, teachers and supermarket workers don’t have the privilege of staying at home, trying to juggle and make it work. There are others who live alone, completely isolated. It is hard for everyone. This campaign is like a pity party for privileged parents. What does she want to achieve?
Yes an im struggling to take it seriously when influencer huns are complaining they can’t work at the same time

Reactions: 7
Yes an im struggling to take it seriously when influencer huns are complaining they can’t work at the same time
oh god yes !! They need to perhaps do a shift in a ward and then realise how it is. Working on one pre covid is bad enough !! And then coming home to kids etc

Reactions: 8
Add to that the Youtubers and 'content creators' who have 3k followers who are moaning that having their kids at home whilst "full time working" is soooo difficult.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Her interview on Lorraine was cringe. She does not speak for me. She’s so middle class and privileged it’s embarrassing. The child trying to get in the room whilst she’s on the tv- not scripted at all Anna! Also says more about how useless her husband is if he can’t amuse the children for 3 minutes? But that’s the thing- he can but that doesn’t fit in with her narrative. I used to have so much respect for this women but the lies and deceit- talk about jumpin on a bandwagon, PND isn’t the cool things for mummas of insta to be talking about so now it’s all about the burnout of working at home while having kids at home. She’s on the radio and writing a book- hardly the worst things to be juggling. This from the woman whose kid had to go to schools 6 months late because she didn’t realise you had to register them for school!

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Also her radio show is on a Sunday evening. Her work fits perfectly around kids being at home. Not that fitting it in is ever easy as such, but some jobs are easier than other. I’m teaching 7 hours a day, live, with my kids at home. It doesn’t fit, but I understand that a flexible working campaign won’t change that! My students still need to be taught.

Reactions: 6
Also her radio show is on a Sunday evening. Her work fits perfectly around kids being at home. Not that fitting it in is ever easy as such, but some jobs are easier than other. I’m teaching 7 hours a day, live, with my kids at home. It doesn’t fit, but I understand that a flexible working campaign won’t change that! My students still need to be taught.
This is what I mean- she’s talking about something that she only has a small understanding of. Ok so it’s hard to do what she’s doing but there are jobs far more difficult to navigate round at the moment and she’s trying to talk like she understands this - there is also two of them at home but she’s making out she’s doing it all?

I messaged her once for advice and she responded so quickly and with a really helpful and supportive message. I appreciated it a lot.

I messaged her once for advice and she responded so quickly and with a really helpful and supportive message. I appreciated it a lot.
Whilst I think she is from a very privileged background and a tad faux moany, as I said above I do think she is a genuinely nice person, not like a lot of the other instamums.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
She might not be shouting for you, but she’s shouting for a lot of parents and carers. There are so many situations!

Reactions: 2
She might not be shouting for you, but she’s shouting for a lot of parents and carers. There are so many situations!
Is she? I am in this situation and haven’t seen an actual proposal, just pity and an opportunity for her to get media.

On a Sunday it’s not important either, her heart radio dig takes priority on her social media 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Having seen a headline today that the gov. Is under increasing pressure to reopen schools because of campaigns like this, she definitely doesn't speak for me or anyone who works in education

Reactions: 5
How does she propose to help me? I have to rely on a childcare bubble with my mum. I have no choice but to leave my house to go to work, full time, every day. As does my husband. My mum can only do so much with regards to educating him and frankly, I’m appreciative that she even tries to teach him. I can’t work from home and I can’t afford a new laptop that my sons school requested I get for him yesterday as is old knackered one won’t support Microsoft teams properly. Yesterday, I took a phone call at work from school moaning at me for not uploading my sons schoolwork in time. I am drowning in work, I am drowning in guilt and I am drowning in anxiety and quite frankly I wish she would shut the duck up moaning about being afforded the privilege of being able to be at home with her children. I’d love that opportunity but alas the bills still need paying and I am grateful to have a good job.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I feel almost confused after yesterday. She's posted for weeks about how mothers are taking the biggest load, most likely to have been furloughed or lost their jobs, that mothers need recognising. Government say thank you to Mums. She jumps on it immediately saying what about all parents.

I mean, I know he should be thanking all parents, but if he had, she'd have been all over that shouting "but mothers have it worse"

Reactions: 5
How does she propose to help me?
This is the crux of it.
It’s all well and good sharing quotes from parents who are juggling everything, but what is the answer? Companies let their working parents work less? Erm, that’s not sustainable. There isn’t an answer.

Reactions: 7
This is the crux of it.
It’s all well and good sharing quotes from parents who are juggling everything, but what is the answer? Companies let their working parents work less? Erm, that’s not sustainable. There isn’t an answer.
I agree it’s not sustainable and ultimately does it meet the needs of that particular business? I’m all for flexible working and it’s worked well for me thus far but I’m also mindful of the fact that they employed me to benefit the business not for the benefit of my health. There isn’t one solution or a one size fits all solution but I’d rather hear those suggestions than just “let parents work less”

Her interview on Lorraine was cringe. She does not speak for me. She’s so middle class and privileged it’s embarrassing. The child trying to get in the room whilst she’s on the tv- not scripted at all Anna! Also says more about how useless her husband is if he can’t amuse the children for 3 minutes? But that’s the thing- he can but that doesn’t fit in with her narrative. I used to have so much respect for this women but the lies and deceit- talk about jumpin on a bandwagon, PND isn’t the cool things for mummas of insta to be talking about so now it’s all about the burnout of working at home while having kids at home. She’s on the radio and writing a book- hardly the worst things to be juggling. This from the woman whose kid had to go to schools 6 months late because she didn’t realise you had to register them for school!
she didn’t register her children for school?? 😳

she didn’t register her children for school?? 😳
Yeah her oldest had to start 6 months late as she didn’t realise or i think she claimed she forgot because she just had a baby that you had to register your child for nursery. I mean I had to get my other half to do it as you had to turn up at the school in my area but we all know it’s just her that does everything so there is no way she could Ave for papapukka 🙄 to do it!

• Wow
What’s papa pukka up to as she nuzzles her children in whist typing on her novel on her expensive laptop?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yeah her oldest had to start 6 months late as she didn’t realise or i think she claimed she forgot because she just had a baby that you had to register your child for nursery. I mean I had to get my other half to do it as you had to turn up at the school in my area but we all know it’s just her that does everything so there is no way she could Ave for papapukka 🙄 to do it!
Sorry meant register for school not nursery!

What’s papa pukka up to as she nuzzles her children in whist typing on her novel on her expensive laptop?
He’s writing the erotic novel with her- they literally do nothing separately?

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.