Most Embarrassing Thing That’s Happened To You?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't like anything scary, I'm jumpy by nature. Somehow my mates convinced me to go too one of those "haunted/zombie house" things. Our turn, we all went single file holding on to each others coats and we were going up these stairs and into this room all blacked out and I just knew deep down something was going to jump at me, so I pushed my friends and they all stumbled, someone of course jumped from the shadows cue chaos and yours truly falls heads over arse and my glasses came flying off couldn't see a thing in the dark, everyone searching with their phones eventually the staff (in the costumes) had to turn the lights on everywhere and stop everyone coming in too search for my glasses. Mortified. We never went back.
crying at this hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
One lesson I have learned: always make sure you properly end a mobile phone conversation!

When I worked for a IT company on their 4th level customer support desk 3 years ago, I was talking through a rather long-winded problem-fixing-solution with a client. He didn't appear to be the sharpest knife in the box, and I had to count to 10 quite a few times before we finally resolved his problem (VMWare hosting issue)

Anyway, because I was multi-tasking at the same time I didn't press the phone icon on my moby keypad to end the convo. As a consequence the client probably heard the following angry muttering with my colleague sitting next to me :-

F**king hell. Thank f**k for that. Where do they get these f**king arseh***s from? He is supposed to be VMWare administrator, but he couldn't administer a f**king teapot. Tosser!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This thread is hilarious 🤣

I was standing at the queue in the co-op with my son who at the time was around 2. He pointed to a guy also in the queue, who I had never seen before in my life and asked loudly "Is that my daddy?!"
Absolutely mortified!! 😂 I'll never understand it as his daddy (my husband) was at home!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I was on a first date at a gig and afterwards decided to go into Asda for some snacks. I noticed he was looking at my arse a lot and me being me felt so flattered but turns out when I got home I’d come on my period and was wearing white jeans.
This is my worst nightmare. 😩 Can't believe the bloke didn't mention something to you! 😞

If I'm late for work I dress in a very panicky and haphazard way!

Quite a few times I have gone to work in mismatched shoes; or just one stocking; or my top not buttoned correctly; bra inside out; skirt zip at half-mast with the back of my top sticking out, or knickers on show; or only doing one eye with liner, one lip lipsticked; or worst of all, leaving a comb/brush in my hair all the way into the office (fortunately I drove)

I am incredibly dopey when rushed :rolleyes:
A former colleague woke up late one morning and just grabbed the pair of jeans lying on his floor from the day before and went to campus. He noticed a lot of students staring and giggling at him, but assumed they were just being friendly.

He went to the canteen at lunch, and someone touched his arm and pointed to his foot... He had been walking around and teaching classes all morning with his underpants from the day before hanging out of the leg of his jeans. 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
I remembered a few more:

I remember travelling to Kilburn high street as a teenager to meet a boy I liked. I only had my travel cards, nothing else. I was wearing a brand new outfit, a crisp white crop top and white cargo pants, it was a very hot summer and I was really damp on the bus but put it down to the material of my pants clinging to my sweaty bum, the bus come to a standstill in heavy traffic and it was just too hot, so I decided to get off and walk down the residential area past Cricklewood, everyone was looking at me and I honestly thought it was because I looked on point in my new outfit. So as I got to a shop with mirrored glass windows I took the opportunity to check myself out and was MORTIFIED, my whole arse was red. There was claret covering my whole arsecheeks. I was so embarrassed. I had literally bled out everywhere on my period and not one passer by had the decency to tell me! I had to walk like that through all the residential streets to my nans which thankfully wasnt too far from there because there was no way I was going to meet that boy. But it was far enough to walk with a bright red arse. I had to then go home back to Wembley in a proper old ladies cardigan. Easter egg chick yellow, it was the only one long enough to cover it and I did not want to stay for them to be washed no matter how much she was insisting. I just wanted to go home and cry.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I remembered a few more:

I remember travelling to Kilburn high street as a teenager to meet a boy I liked. I only had my travel cards, nothing else. I was wearing a brand new outfit, a crisp white crop top and white cargo pants, it was a very hot summer and I was really damp on the bus but put it down to the material of my pants clinging to my sweaty bum, the bus come to a standstill in heavy traffic and it was just too hot, so I decided to get off and walk down the residential area past Cricklewood, everyone was looking at me and I honestly thought it was because I looked on point in my new outfit. So as I got to a shop with mirrored glass windows I took the opportunity to check myself out and was MORTIFIED, my whole arse was red. There was claret covering my whole arsecheeks. I was so embarrassed. I had literally bled out everywhere on my period and not one passer by had the decency to tell me! I had to walk like that through all the residential streets to my nans which thankfully wasnt too far from there because there was no way I was going to meet that boy. But it was far enough to walk with a bright red arse. I had to then go home back to Wembley in a proper old ladies cardigan. Easter egg chick yellow, it was the only one long enough to cover it and I did want to stay for them to be washed. I just wanted to go home and cry.
you poor thing - and what arseholes for not telling you!

Reactions: 12
you poor thing - and what arseholes for not telling you!
London tends to be like this I find.

Though a lady did once tap my shoulder in the London Underground to kindly tell me I needed to "adjust myself". I was not in my usual attire, I was in smart tights and a skirt coming home from an important meeting. It was literally tucked into my tights and knickers at the back, like a nappy. I hadnt been to the toilet since being in the actual building where the meeting was which was a walk to the station, several stops and a change away, so I imagine that is how long I had been walking around like that!

• Sad
London tends to be like this I find.

Though a lady did once tap my shoulder in the London Underground to kindly tell me I needed to "adjust myself". I was not in my usual attire, I was in smart tights and a skirt coming home from an important meeting. It was literally tucked into my tights and knickers at the back, like a nappy. I hadnt been to the toilet since being in the actual building where the meeting was which was a walk to the station, several stops and a change away, so I imagine that is how long I had been walking around like that!
Actually, I just remembered something. I was driving back from a work meeting many years ago. It took about 4 hours to get home and my shirt buttons must have opened. When I got back to my home town, I popped into Tesco, wondering why people were staring at me. Not one single person mentioned I had all my buttons undone, right down to the waist.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I was 19 and decided to take my boyfriend, the first serious relationship I had, to my mums BBQ. He had popped the question too. I wish I hadn't, it really haunted me. They were very embarrassing and very outspoken people, they cause trouble where ever they go. Seriously, there are people on my mums side of the family you can't take anywhere because they create scenes where they go.

I did expect them to interogate me over pregnancy relentlessly... I half expected for my aunt (who is into theatrical make up/cosplay) to turn up dressed (very professionally) as a creepy queen of hearts which you would find on a deck of cards, very lifelike and she did it all too often enough in scenarios where it wasnt needed. I did not expect her to call us "hillbillies" for deciding to get married at 19. I did not expect her to recite The Deliverence Theme again and again with my uncle who also menacingly threatened him quietly when everyone else was out of ear shot. I did NOT expect my nan (the yellow cardigan giving nan) to start barking at him - like an actual dog. It was all too weird for him and I could see it on his poor face. I had to take him out. I was so livid with my mum. Her family didnt need to embarrass me like that. She kept bursting into tears saying I had the whole of my youth to enjoy and not to get married to the first man I had met. 🤣 even worse both my mum and her sister were both only 18 when they married their husbands.

• Haha
When I was 19 I went to meet my then boyfriends family for the first time, we took the train and they met us at the station, as we were approaching them I somehow fell down some steps I didn't see, managed to rip my jeans, glazed my knees, arms and somehow my face! Worse thing is I got up and ran off around the corner and hid with embarrassment 😂 my then boyfriend had to coax me back telling me that no one really saw when they all clearly did! 😂

About a year ago my toddler found where I keep my sanitary towels and was playing with them, a little while later we went shopping, I noticed people staring as we were walking, but didn't take much notice, while in Sainsbury's a lady discreetly let me know I had a (unused) sanitary towel stuck to the bottom of my cardigan. 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Why am I picturing the Inbetweeners when Jay sets of the May Day flare... when they are in port 😂😂
You just punched a fish to death 😂😂. That is one of my favourite eps from inbetweeners along with the f****** baguette eating frog one 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My nan was a weird one. (The nana who barked) we was on a family holiday in cornwall in a cottage (the entire extended family, trouble makers, mums side) and me and my sister were allowed to bring a friend each, I was roughly 14-15. The May Day riots were in the newspaper, featuring photos of Winston churchills statue donning a piece of turf as a mohican. I didnt really care for politics, my nan runs over starts whipping me dead hard across my legs flooring me, she was deadly serious, stunk of fresh crab and just exploded. It really hurt. Then my aunt (cosplay one) runs over to protect me from her mum. Then her and my nan are all over the floor fighting in a very wild west fashion. My nan had a burst lip, she was spitting in my aunts face, saying "blood of a ****" --- insert unfortunate phallic maiden name she has. This was infront of our friends.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
So my cat decided to embarrass me today!
His cat tower is about 3 feet behind my chair where I'm set up WFH at the dining table. On a Teams Meeting with some colleagues, we're in the depths of a discussion so I'm scribbling away on a notepad and one of them just says "Is that your cat licking his doo-dah?"
I turned around and lo and behold, my big white and ginger cat is sat on the top of the tower in full view of the camera, giving his arse a good old clean 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I've just started a new job. Was in.the break room, just me and this guy. I'm chatting to him and I feel like I'm going to sneeze so I turned around to not sneeze near his face and I fart bear hid face instead
It came out with the sneeze and I didn't know what to do so I just laughed and apologised. Embarassing things happen to me all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I also remember once texting the landlord, who I had just signed the tenancy for and got my keys an hour prior asking for a 20 bag, instead of my dealer. I thought I was going to lose the house and everything and texted insisting it was my "friend by accident". He rang back and said "little white lies dont get past me, I smoke it myself, as long as the neighbours dont complain about the smell you're fine". My face did go very red whenever I saw him after that, however I was even more embarrassed when I and then even my friends, my neighbours also noticed he had a crush. He was very handy and offering to do odd jobs for me... he renovated my kitchen himself, installed a new bath, tiled everywhere, painted, turnt a brick shed outside into a fully functioning normally heated room for my boys to use when they became teenagers and would regularly call and check if I needed anything as he only lived down the street. It was all very embarrassing, I could see the way he looked at me sometimes and the way he would awkwardly make conversation. He was a bald, bespectacled, middle aged man who wore a tracksuit and would often play modern day R and B songs out loud from his car. He was going through a mid life crisis and trying to hit on a 28 year old single mother.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hugged someone from behind/the side in B&Q tonight - I thought it was my mum. It wasn't.

I am foul over it, in the depths of mortification. I couldn't find my mum for ages afterward then I was so stressed. The poor woman I hugged was so old and had no idea what to do especially since it's Covid central everywhere. I did a bit of a "running to the loo" type run from her lol. Thank god for Level 5 I won't be leaving the house or answering my door for a long time.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I remembered a few more:

I remember travelling to Kilburn high street as a teenager to meet a boy I liked. I only had my travel cards, nothing else. I was wearing a brand new outfit, a crisp white crop top and white cargo pants, it was a very hot summer and I was really damp on the bus but put it down to the material of my pants clinging to my sweaty bum, the bus come to a standstill in heavy traffic and it was just too hot, so I decided to get off and walk down the residential area past Cricklewood, everyone was looking at me and I honestly thought it was because I looked on point in my new outfit. So as I got to a shop with mirrored glass windows I took the opportunity to check myself out and was MORTIFIED, my whole arse was red. There was claret covering my whole arsecheeks. I was so embarrassed. I had literally bled out everywhere on my period and not one passer by had the decency to tell me! I had to walk like that through all the residential streets to my nans which thankfully wasnt too far from there because there was no way I was going to meet that boy. But it was far enough to walk with a bright red arse. I had to then go home back to Wembley in a proper old ladies cardigan. Easter egg chick yellow, it was the only one long enough to cover it and I did not want to stay for them to be washed no matter how much she was insisting. I just wanted to go home and cry.
I'm upset that not a single woman told you 😠 I would have run over and covered you in my jacket

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I had to type an email to a new branch manager regarding login details for an office application. However I never properly proofread it before sending and about an hour later she replied asking why she was been asked to enter an offensive word?

Turns out I had typed "enter your accunt at the prompt"

Oops!:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I had to type an email to a new branch manager regarding login details for an office application. However I never properly proofread it before sending and about an hour later she replied asking why she was been asked to enter an offensive word?

Turns out I had typed "enter your accunt at the prompt"

Oops!:oops:
Your posts really crack me up, 😀

Reactions: 1