Most Embarrassing Thing That’s Happened To You?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wondered if anyone else has those moments where you’re lying in bed ready to go to sleep, or are doing something mundane like washing the dishes, when all of a sudden your brain decides to be a twit and gives you a flashback of something really embarrassing that’s happened to you or something you’ve done and it makes you wince in shame?😂

This also includes embarrassing things you’ve said out loud at the wrong moment! I have a few but thought this would be a safe space for us to share our moments that have made you want to crawl in a hole of shame 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Too many to recall.

Mostly at night I think about times I've been a complete arse hole (mainly whilst drunk) and that makes me wince!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m trying to think of some as I know I have LOADS (I have those moments where I wince when I remember them!)
I can remember once I was showing my dad and brother something on my phone and I swiped across too much and a few apps dedicated to sex came up on screen that I had downloaded 🤣🤣 I pretended not to see it but was dying inside.

I was on the phone to my mum and had had a bad stomach a few days before so she asked how it was so I said how it was my period and went in detail how bad it was (me and my mum were close about those things) and she went oh tit you’re on loud speaker and all my family and wider family were in earshot of my description. 🙃 thanks mum.

I know I have more but need to wait until my brain decides to bring them up again before I can share 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I went sailing with my ex and he ran his yacht aground, did a mayday call and the RNLI were coming out to rescue us, I stood up just as the boat listed, the boom swang round and knocked me over board, luckily I had my life jacket on and was theathered to the boat. I managed to hold onto the side of the boat and was clinging on for dear life (weak swimmer) when the RNLI man WALKED up to me and pointed out i would be able to walk to their rib, I just had to put my legs down 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
First time I ever had a blood test (around 18 maybe). Couldn't eat before hand.
Had the blood taken, felt a bit ropey, fainted for about 5 seconds came to while the phlebotomist was shouting for the other phlebotomist to come into the room and lowering my chair back, fan on and everything.

Me being me decided I didnt want to be an inconvenience so I'd get up and sit in the reception area to recover while they carried on seeing people as it was 8.45 in the morning which is the busiest time. Staggered about 4 feet into reception, realised I was, in fact, NOT okay, fainted again. Out cold for about 2 minutes. In a waiting room. Full of people (about 25) just wanting their blood test done so they could go to work. 🥴
Woke up like in a film with 2 phlebomotists and my mum stood over my head, laid out on a row of chairs...

The cruelest irony is all of that cause I didn't want to be an inconvenience, ending up being even more of an inconvenience by delaying them even further.

Luckily my dad works in the canteen so he brought me some snacks. I still faint having blood tests now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
When I was 16/17 my friend & I were on our way to a gig in Manchester. We were tipsy (off Aldi Malibu) if I recall, we got off the bus and were crossing to the road in front of the venue, my friend ran over and I followed her without looking and collided with an oncoming bicycle, I went flying as did the guy on the bike. He called me a stupid witch (fair enough) was fine and cycled off. I however was not fine, St John's tended to me inside the venue and we then spent all night sat in A&E because of my injuries. Nothing broken but I had a huge bump on my head and a black eye. As you can imagine this is all very embarrassing in general and I felt really bad that my friend missed the gig too. I tried to make her leave me in A&E but she wouldn't!

I pleaded with my dad to let me stay off college because I had two huge black/purple eyes but he wasn't having any of it so was just getting stared at all day and having to explain what had happened. Everyone was like 'omg a motorbike???' to which I had to be like no, a push bike 😂 however this was nothing......

You know how every year has people in which are way cooler than you. Well I was a bit :oops: when this girl who usually would act like I didn't exist came and asked me what happened. So I told her, and she went 'oh, did you have red knickers on?' because I had been so whacked out I hadn't thought that because I was wearing a dress I'd probably flashed the 100s of people outside the venue, she then laughed her head off and went back over to her group and basically her boyfriend had been at the same gig and taken a photo of me which she then showed to everyone 🙃 I can laugh about it now but as you can imagine at the time I wanted to change my identity start a new life in Outer Mongolia

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Was part of an Edinburgh Fringe Group which was at a Christian venue with mainly Christian performers. We were the team to promote the venue. Met a guy in the team and we clicked.

So songs of praise were filming and wanted to interview one of the performers. So we were to be filmed watching then we would hand out leaflets.

When watching the actual show it caught me and the guy snogging. The team changed it to Snogs of Praise 🙈.

Still mortified.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Was part of an Edinburgh Fringe Group which was at a Christian venue with mainly Christian performers. We were the team to promote the venue. Met a guy in the team and we clicked.

So songs of praise were filming and wanted to interview one of the performers. So we were to be filmed watching then we would hand out leaflets.

When watching the actual show it caught me and the guy snogging. The team changed it to Snogs of Praise 🙈.

Still mortified.
What happened with the guy you got off with? I need an update!!

Reactions: 4
We were together for 4 months then he sent me a birthday card and a letter dumping me. Was devastated. But within 3 years met DH and wouldn’t be without him.

I’m friends with him on fb. He’s married with kids and I think his wife is a far better match than I ever would have been.

What happened with the guy you got off with? I need an update!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We were together for 4 months then he sent me a birthday card and a letter dumping me. Was devastated. But within 3 years met DH and wouldn’t be without him.

I’m friends with him on fb. He’s married with kids and I think his wife is a far better match than I ever would have been.
A birthday card with a letter dumping you, that's horrible! Glad it all worked out well in the end though!

Reactions: 7
Oh God, loads.

The one that stays in my mind.... I bought a vibrator when I was 18, shaped like a lipstick. Mum found it when she was helping clear out my room so it could be re-painted. ‘Ah, is this the lipstick your dad got you for Christmas? It’s a lovely red, isn’t it?’ She tried swatching it 😳 and obviously it didn’t swatch... then found the button... held it out as it vibrated away... then asked LOUDLY IN FRONT OF THE PAINTER “Apple, why is it vibrating, tell me why, what is it?” literally over and over and over, I was mortified, the painter (old enough to be my father) was tittering away although tbf to him he also looked as though he could’ve melted through the floor, she then got the message. Still, “Apple has a d*ldo!” went around my whole family for a while. Sometimes I wonder if you can murder someone via vibrator because I came very close that day (pun not intended) at least nobody snoops around my room any more

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Oh God, loads.

The one that stays in my mind.... I bought a vibrator when I was 18, shaped like a lipstick. Mum found it when she was helping clear out my room so it could be re-painted. ‘Ah, is this the lipstick your dad got you for Christmas? It’s a lovely red, isn’t it?’ She tried swatching it 😳 and obviously it didn’t swatch... then found the button... held it out as it vibrated away... then asked LOUDLY IN FRONT OF THE PAINTER “Apple, why is it vibrating, tell me why, what is it?” literally over and over and over, I was mortified, the painter (old enough to be my father) was tittering away although tbf to him he also looked as though he could’ve melted through the floor, she then got the message. Still, “Apple has a d*ldo!” went around my whole family for a while. Sometimes I wonder if you can murder someone via vibrator because I came very close that day (pun not intended) at least nobody snoops around my room any more
I literally spent over a thousand pounds returning from the USA for a spontaneous trip ‘to visit family’ and ‘say goodbye to the house’ because my parents were moving. It was really because my dad would have been packing up my old room and I suddenly remembered a similar item under the
bed and wanted to avoid a similar situation 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 62
First time I ever had a blood test (around 18 maybe). Couldn't eat before hand.
Had the blood taken, felt a bit ropey, fainted for about 5 seconds came to while the phlebotomist was shouting for the other phlebotomist to come into the room and lowering my chair back, fan on and everything.

Me being me decided I didnt want to be an inconvenience so I'd get up and sit in the reception area to recover while they carried on seeing people as it was 8.45 in the morning which is the busiest time. Staggered about 4 feet into reception, realised I was, in fact, NOT okay, fainted again. Out cold for about 2 minutes. In a waiting room. Full of people (about 25) just wanting their blood test done so they could go to work. 🥴
Woke up like in a film with 2 phlebomotists and my mum stood over my head, laid out on a row of chairs...

The cruelest irony is all of that cause I didn't want to be an inconvenience, ending up being even more of an inconvenience by delaying them even further.

Luckily my dad works in the canteen so he brought me some snacks. I still faint having blood tests now.
I fainted after my first ever smear test 🙈😫 luckily I had pulled my pants up before it happened 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I always remember the time my grandma fell up the stairs at Disneyland Paris and grabbed on to the trousers of man in front of her ... unfortunately his tracksuit bottoms fell down and he was commando! It made for a very awkward 2 hour queue for the haunted house 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
I did a handstand against the wall and smugly said to my mum I can do it with no hands🤦🏼‍♀️ So moved my hands and landed on my head😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
A couple of things stand out for me *cringe*

When I was about 13 years old I was in the St John’s Ambulance and we’d often join the Scouts camping. I was helping in the camp kitchen and we had a fair few leftovers so I went into the eating area and loudly shouted ‘Anyone want any secs come see me!’ 😬 you can imagine the replies I got!

Second incident was when I lived in a shared house and anyone whose done this will know how tight laundry space is, so I placed my freshly laundered knickers on the kitchen radiator to dry. It was a rainy day outside and in came my housemates boyfriend and as his glasses had steamed up he just grabbed my lacy briefs off the radiator and wiped his face and glasses with them; tbh I don’t know who was more embarrassed!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
One day I was walking through my home town (city centre)
im well known for not taking a blind bit of notice of what’s going on around me
well I was walking along,minding my own-with my earphones plugged in and reading some crap on the net
i looked up in time to see an ambulance in front of me (if I’d have walked another 3/4 steps I would have walked up the ramp and into it)
so I dodged to the right
and promptly fell over the poor girl on a stretcher (complete with neck brace) being wheeled towards it
i grazed both knees and earned myself a very dirty look from the paramedic

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Oh God, loads.

Mine is similar to this one...

I was still living at home (with my mum and her partner). Home alone all afternoon and I could hear a strange noise coming from the loft, this went on for hours. I kept opening the bedroom window to check it wasn’t a helicopter is was so loud. Anyway... they come home so I ask them to come upstairs and go into the loft to figure out what the hell the noise is as it’s driving me bonkers. Mums partner comes into my room and says that’s not from the loft it’s something in here... I continued to argue that it wasn’t. We were all searching around my room to figure out what it was and then the penny dropped. I had been having a little fun while they were out and “it” had accidentally switched back on. It was vibrating in the under bed drawer which was making the headboard and in turn wall/ceiling vibrate (hence thinking it was coming from the loft). I hastily kicked them out and told them it didn’t matter at which point I think the penny also dropped for them too 🙈🙈🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I was telling my husband over the phone that I had thrush, like you do 🙄 he had me on loudspeaker and all his friends heard me. A couple of his nobhead mates kept texting asking how my thrush was 👊🏼 wankers 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19