MollyMcAwesome #2 MammothClub: Just Don't Dare Say Hello

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just caught up on all this, and wanted to share my thoughts re: the client list. I found Molly’s videos for AllEars on YouTube and loved them! When Molly first appeared on Instagram, she was still affiliated with AllEars, as was pointed out, so I started following her on there too. When she announced she was leaving, I was super interested in following where she was going. I even unsubscribed from AllEars, subscribed to Mammoth Club, and started following Max, Alan, as well as the Club on Instagram. So I was one of those “clients” as I jumped ship as soon as Mammoth Club was announced. As little as Molly has said about it, the impression she gave was that she was overworked, unhappy, and restricted creatively at AllEars. That said, I have since run out of patience with Mammoth’s content, unfollowed all of them (except Alan cause I like his cooking stuff) and now resubscribed to AllEars on YouTube. I am so grateful for finding this thread because you have perfectly described where my frustration with Molly and her content comes from.
Extremely well said. This post alone could end the entire thread series.

Reactions: 2
Part of the issue is every man, woman, insert pronoun. who has been to disney now wants to be a blogger. All the originals are just churning out the same content day in day out with no one thinking outside the box. The original Mam content after Milly left all ears was pretty good. Now its just the same type of videos over and over.

There is so much to see and do in Disney / Orlando. But we get the same content over and over. Go stay in some value resorts. invite some viewers who don't spend 24/7 in the parks with you and show them around or let them show you around.

Reactions: 4
There is so much to see and do in Disney / Orlando. But we get the same content over and over. Go stay in some value resorts. invite some viewers who don't spend 24/7 in the parks with you and show them around or let them show you around.
If you're a Disney vlogger, then you're going to prioritise that over anything else to keep your core viewership who only want Disney related content, and attract other people wanting purely Disney info (no matter how repetitive for people who've been watching for a while), so you need to look at the likes of World of Micah for more general Florida stuff.

Molly & Co are currently raking in big bucks for the same old low effort tit, so there's no need for them to change, and while ever their Discord echo chamber continue to kiss their arses about how wonderful everything is, it's not going to change anytime soon.

Reactions: 4
AllEars did lose some subscribers but it was hardly a mass exodus. Net -2,000 around when Molly left:

1674657722797.png

So not sure if they would have much of a case against Mammoth Club if it came down to litigation. The risk of upsetting their audience is probably too great in my opinion to try and sue Mammoth Club.

Reactions: 5
I don’t get Molly’s “out of pocket” comment here. Doesn’t she mean the pockets of her patrons? I can only assume that they are paying for all of the things related to production. Shouldn’t she phrase it as, thanks to generous support we receive for Mammoth Club, we have been able to buy annual passes etc. I thought it was weird that at the end of the loser pays for the shopping spree video they pretended Alan was paying. Isn’t Mammoth Club paying? If he’s using a personal credit card, then they might want to talk to an accountant about that.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Just did a quick YouTube search after seeing the latest mammoth club video drop and yikes. Likely different content in the vids (maybe?) but still.
Ugh, the "SHHH" gesture got old 2 years ago. At least she's out of the box with Mammoth by winking in a new one.

So, they'll tell you they're hosted "on socials". Does that mean you have to look at IG to see if they're hosted and it'll be buried in the YT description somewhere or not at all?

Also, again, proofread. Should be "affect". But tell me if they crap on a place a few times in a row, they'll keep getting invites? Unlikely.

Reactions: 1
Or they left the other because Molly was the best part of AE.
You have no clue just what All Ears is all about. All Ears is a team, whose content Molly presented effectively, but hell, some girl named Fry Bucket does just as good as Molly ever did, and there's none of that pick-me arrogance that Molly always exuded.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You have no clue just what All Ears is all about. All Ears is a team, whose content Molly presented effectively, but hell, some girl named Fry Bucket does just as good as Molly ever did, and there's none of that pick-me arrogance that Molly always exuded.
🤨

I still watch AE occasionally - and I don’t subscribe to any YouTuber 🤷🏼‍♀️ - but Molly definitely has something about her that a lot of other Disney vloggers (Fry Bucket included) don’t. Regardless of if you’re sick of her repetitive content or not, regardless of if she actually likes being approached in the parks or not, she manages to come across both more knowledgeable and more enthusiastic than most theme park vloggers. Including anyone from AllEars, in my opinion.

In her latest video about Universal she shares that a restaurant was closed but a team member offered to let her in to video. She clearly has a good rapport with employees of both parks, which isn’t something that can be said for the average vlogger.

Reactions: 11
In her latest video about Universal she shares that a restaurant was closed but a team member offered to let her in to video. She clearly has a good rapport with employees of both parks, which isn’t something that can be said for the average vlogger.
Is the restaurant permanently closed? If it is permanently closed, then until it's demolished others could be asking about doing the same thing here or when other stuff closes. If it's only closed that day, then that's kind of something I don't care for. You have an annual pass, film inside there another day rather than asking for special consideration because you're a YouTuber.

I don’t get Molly’s “out of pocket” comment here. Doesn’t she mean the pockets of her patrons? I can only assume that they are paying for all of the things related to production. Shouldn’t she phrase it as, thanks to generous support we receive for Mammoth Club, we have been able to buy annual passes etc. I thought it was weird that at the end of the loser pays for the shopping spree video they pretended Alan was paying. Isn’t Mammoth Club paying? If he’s using a personal credit card, then they might want to talk to an accountant about that.
It is possible that her current annual pass was paid for by All Ears. It may not have expired yet. I expect going forward it would be getting paid out of revenue their business is making. Could be from ad revenue, sponsorship or patrons.

Is the restaurant permanently closed? If it is permanently closed, then until it's demolished others could be asking about doing the same thing here or when other stuff closes. If it's only closed that day, then that's kind of something I don't care for. You have an annual pass, film inside there another day rather than asking for special consideration because you're a YouTuber.
I think she said it was closed for a refurb, but I don’t 100% remember. She framed it like she was filming through windows and got the offer. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

🤨

I still watch AE occasionally - and I don’t subscribe to any YouTuber 🤷🏼‍♀️ - but Molly definitely has something about her that a lot of other Disney vloggers (Fry Bucket included) don’t. Regardless of if you’re sick of her repetitive content or not, regardless of if she actually likes being approached in the parks or not, she manages to come across both more knowledgeable and more enthusiastic than most theme park vloggers. Including anyone from AllEars, in my opinion.

I gave AE another shot, and it seems like the new team is gelling better than the last time I watched a month ago. Spencer still annoys the hell out of me, but I liked some of the new people. I even kind of enjoyed Breedlove wandering around by himself like a doddering old man.

I still don’t think I will watch it daily like in the old days, but it is fun once in a while.

And yeah, Molly seems more respectful of the employees than certain Vloggers I could name. I guess that probably comes from working guest services and knowing how hard that job can be.

Reactions: 8
Back to the nails, I have to say that once Molly left I noticed that Quincy's nails started looking more manicured in each video. As a nail biter, I notice thing like that because I'm always self conscious of people noticing that on me. So hearing that DFB may be using AE "creator" content for their blog makes sense given that. Also like I said, if I were suddenly bumped into a position where I would be showcasing more things with my hands on camera, I'd want to make sure they looked good.

Bit off topic, we’ll not really as it’s Molly related, but did she ever post a video on the new Universal escape rooms? I’ve been looking out for it but not seen it. I know she was there as she was in a team with PCDev and Super Enthused and I’ve seen both their vlogs about it…..it was an influencer event so was just for them. Bstrange she hasn’t posted it as it was before Xmas.

I like Molly and Alan’s videos, especially Alan’s food comments, is he a chef? But I also like AllEars too. I must admit I did jump ship to mammoth club when Molly left but recently I’ve started watching some AE videos again too -seems like the new fandangled-ness of MC is wearing off. I’ll still watch both as I’m booked to go to Florida next year & a bit obsessed.

ps - NateHate is definitely AJ herself 😋🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Bit off topic, we’ll not really as it’s Molly related, but did she ever post a video on the new Universal escape rooms? I’ve been looking out for it but not seen it. I know she was there as she was in a team with PCDev and Super Enthused and I’ve seen both their vlogs about it…..it was an influencer event so was just for them. Bstrange she hasn’t posted it as it was before Xmas.
Yes she did. She posted the same weekend the other big bloggers were hosted. She didn’t show inside the rooms for obvious reasons but she did share the experience.

Reactions: 3
Yes she did. She posted the same weekend the other big bloggers were hosted. She didn’t show inside the rooms for obvious reasons but she did share the experience.
I just looked on their YouTube for that and didn't see anything with escape room in the title. Was it somewhere else?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.