MollyMcAwesome #2 MammothClub: Just Don't Dare Say Hello

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Then AJ didn't do any research about social media and lucked into her position/success as well. AJ absolutely benefited from the character Molly created and did not protect her business. The fact that Molly was able to capitalize on her social media presence should have been a predictable outcome of the rise in popularity of the AE channel. That's the way social media works at its core.
It's kind of like when a singer leaves the band and thinks they can do it on their own and they don't need the others.

Reactions: 5
I cooled on AJ and DFB when I read AJ barely goes to the theme parks anymore. She just sends interns to video the new food and does the voice over. Plus that stupid tone they'd play in the videos was starting to annoying the crap out of me. Ba-ling!!!!
Noticing that it was most often Molly's chunky fingernails in the food pics and not someone else's bugged me. Did AJ ever go to the festivals and take her own pics? Didn't seem like it, and if that's the case wouldn't it follow that she'd also have no idea what the item tasted like except for what she was told or had read elsewhere.

Just caught up on all this, and wanted to share my thoughts re: the client list. I found Molly’s videos for AllEars on YouTube and loved them! When Molly first appeared on Instagram, she was still affiliated with AllEars, as was pointed out, so I started following her on there too. When she announced she was leaving, I was super interested in following where she was going. I even unsubscribed from AllEars, subscribed to Mammoth Club, and started following Max, Alan, as well as the Club on Instagram. So I was one of those “clients” as I jumped ship as soon as Mammoth Club was announced. As little as Molly has said about it, the impression she gave was that she was overworked, unhappy, and restricted creatively at AllEars. That said, I have since run out of patience with Mammoth’s content, unfollowed all of them (except Alan cause I like his cooking stuff) and now resubscribed to AllEars on YouTube. I am so grateful for finding this thread because you have perfectly described where my frustration with Molly and her content comes from.

Reactions: 18
Noticing that it was most often Molly's chunky fingernails in the food pics and not someone else's bugged me. Did AJ ever go to the festivals and take her own pics? Didn't seem like it, and if that's the case wouldn't it follow that she'd also have no idea what the item tasted like except for what she was told or had read elsewhere.
That’s an interesting take because I always used to notice it was not Molly’s nails in the photos, and thought it was strange they were sending other reporters out when she was already there all the time.

Either way, it’s not like it would’ve been weird if it was Molly doing the food reporting too. She was employed by the parent company, not AE specifically.

I remember someone on the tracker forum commenting they had seen her photograph food on a cruise once, then promptly trash it.

Reactions: 2
I remember someone on the tracker forum commenting they had seen her photograph food on a cruise once, then promptly trash it.
I remember reading that too, but I think I saw it on Reddit before I found Tattle and was looking for info about Molly. I often wonder if Molly and co are actually eating the food. In Disneyland they took one bite of the cheese stick and then cut. They also do the same with rides; we’re going to ride this! Cut. Did they actually ride it? Who knows! It could just be a matter of less than ideal editing.

Reactions: 1
AJ is notorious for that. It's a running joke with WDWNT how DisneyFoodBlog buys food doesn't even really taste it, takes a picture and throws it out immediately.

I loathe AJ for her click bait articles, and her stupid dining hacks which really aren't hacks, but just things to get CMs to absolutely hate you or attempts to goad them into giving you free stuff.

Reactions: 9
I think there is someone else on staff with nails close to Molly's based on watching a DFB video and an AllEars video that looked to be shot on the same day of same food and different sets of nails in each. I guess interns wasn't the proper term more like videographers/writers/vloggers/etc. But AJ lives in Texas or did last time I checked.

We were at the opening day of Food and Wine a few years ago and this happened. We didn't recognize the vlogger, but they ordered a hot dog with kimchi, took some pictures and videos with it and then promptly offered the hot dog to my husband. He totally ate it, which made me laugh, but they 100% would've thrown it if no one took it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I am not trying to see like a Molly stan, but I mean, she is her own brand. Yeah, she built up a fan base on AllEars, and she realized (rightfully so) she could make more money out on her own.

This is all fairly normal for YouTube personalities and really anyone in the entertainment industry (which, as silly as it is to even consider, these YouTube vloggers are in.)

Reactions: 10
Get rich or die trying. If she "stole" a bunch of people, oh well. Sounds like the previous place didn't value her enough.

Reactions: 8
Meh, She went solo

Problem was, she was the lead singer, and the band struggled to sing the songs after she left.

she didn’t steal anything.

Reactions: 16
That was me.

Meh, She went solo

Problem was, she was the lead singer, and the band struggled to sing the songs after she left.

She also put together a terrible band and they didn't get autotune.

• Haha
someone in the previous thread said about another Disney vlogger showing how much their earn from YouTube and it was apparently over 10 dollars per 1000 views.....

Do you know who this vlogger is? I've always been curious about this as so many seem to think YouTube pays nothing..... but 10 dollars per 1000 views sounds about right for how much these YouTubers are able to spend!

Meh, She went solo

It feels to me like she's the lead singer with a great voice who left to go solo but all the song writing talent was with the people she left behind so she just keeps performing all the hits from the old band

I was a fan of Molly at AllEars but have gotten bored with her at Mammoth. She's great at presenting but not great at coming up with new content ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The short version is that she backdoored people in via the subscribers that All Ears had built up for years on Instagram. All it took was tagging her personal Instagram account into photos All Ears was posting, and allowing her subscribers to grow such that the current, active All Ears followers were effectively all following her, too. It was at this point she "walked away" via a pinned post and that All Ears audience became hers overnight. There was a deviousness to it, undoubtedly. She "walked away" knowing All Ears was still going to be playing her banked content, this giving her FREE PROMOTION for Mammoth Club.

I'm starting to think she brings Allen around with her everywhere now because she's afraid of getting her ass kicked by certain people.

My apologies, I thought I'd be preaching to the choir here. All you all Molly enthusiasts or something?
I’m on the All Ears side of the fence right now in that they’re finally making potentially fun and interesting content and put more heart into what they’re making, but the argument you’re presenting is completely one-sided and directs no accountability to a large number of flaws All Ears ignored which is the biggest reason why they lost their following.

Many viewers including myself got so bored of the boring videos All Ears was rolling out last year. Particularly how repetitive all of it was - the annoying challenges, the circle jerk of everyone’s favorite restaurants and resorts and rides, thousands of genie plus tip videos that regurgitate the same explanations I’ve heard way too many times.

The biggest problem is that All Ears put very little effort in building a compelling vision beyond Molly’s telegenic personality, to the point that it became the channel’s biggest difference maker. They tried to with those challenge videos but they were so redundant and purposeless that nobody cares after seeing 2 or 3. The low engagement from new viewers on those videos should’ve been enough to tell them it wouldn’t work, they ignored it and both the viewers and their channel suffered.

If they made more interesting content like they are now back then, there wouldn’t have been a significant drop in viewers when Molly left. Now their content has purpose beyond genie plus tips and Nomad Lounge handjobs. Even better, their critique has been constructive and honest which is something that Mammoth Club is getting annoying with their obnoxiously positive reviews about everything.

The repetitive content piece is something that Mammoth Club layered even more into to grow their following, they made sure to mention more opportunities to make content outside of Disney and Universal, something All Ears had never done!

Of course we didn’t realize that this would mean only hosted trips to Harry Potter attractions and eating pop tarts and Oreos, so that part is slimier in Mammoth my mind.

Overall, if people really enjoyed All Ears content for what it was at that time, we wouldn’t see such a split in their audience. Instead, All Ears capitalized on their most energetic personality and naturally a large amount of viewers left once that personality left and the content got even more underwhelming.

I think things are starting to finally click with All Ears, there’s still a lot of chance for that to collapse but I like that they’re trying new angles while the lame Mammoths are boring and safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
We ran into them at Disney Springs over Christmas break. It was very weird because we were just talking about how our vacation was about over and we didn't run into ANY vloggers and BOOM... they appeared. The store was packed, they came in as we were leaving. We waved to them and while Molly waved back, she didn't give the impression she wanted us to talk to her :ROFLMAO:

The “perfect day” style videos hit the mark because they are actually informative and enjoyable for the Disney fans that make up at least 90% of their audience. The “we went to NY for 1 day” video was just them wanting to write off a trip. That’s not going to cut it.
Good thing they have buckets of Patreon money coming in. They better be doing some serious ass kissing because their weak videos aren’t going to keep the patrons on the hook.

She's great at presenting but not great at coming up with new content ideas.
And her partners aren't really creative either.

They better be doing some serious ass kissing because their weak videos aren’t going to keep the patrons on the hook.
I think something like patreon shouldn't auto charge monthly. That would either keep them trying to come up with ideas, or succumb to the Discord crowd, basically generating their ideas, or maybe they're already there.

For the record, when I saw her, she was standing in a venue, that's it. And people care? She's been doing this for a living for several years. And why type out everything but then v late? And, for every vlogger in existence: proofread before hitting Upload/send/post etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.