MOD & FOD - Mother Of Daughters & Father Of Daughters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So MOD has declared they are going to have an ethical Christmas of charitable donations and no gifts between MOD/FOD.

Very easy to do this when your year has been swamped with gifts, holidays, breaks, all sorts of lovely things

I also hate the way that the message is you aren’t ‘unethical’ if you buy Christmas gifts!

Reactions: 12
Probably her way of saying “we’ve been gifted an entire life and there’s nothing more left for us to grab” seriously, what could they buy each other?

Reactions: 8
She embodies consumerism and this declaration of ethical awareness is laughable in its bullshitness.

Reactions: 10
Have to say that was my instant reaction too. She'd already recently talked about some £25 slipper socks that had been gifted and she was going to put in the toddler's stockings. They therefore don't actually need to spend any money but their kids will probably still be getting far more than most. If they really wanted to be ethical they would donate ALL gifted items for the children to baby banks and other such charities.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes it is laughable that her whole insta persona is aimed at getting people to spend money and yet she is wholier than thou about Christmas !

Everything MOD does is cynical. Be it the bollocks of being body confidence as a size 12 or the crap about turning the fact she was getting a nanny into a feminist statement. Everything is just fake and monetary.

The Camp Bestival stuff is really tone-deaf too, do many are out of pocket due to the festival not honouring refunds from last year shutting a day early.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I don't follow her but don't dislike her either. I must say though when I read that she wants to go to Sri Lanka next year for xmas....In what way is that ethical?! I think she means she wants a less consumerist time rather than ethical. I don't find her fake like some of the other instas but when I started actually pricing some of the clothes/household stuff she was recommending U realised that she isn't relatable for me at all.

Reactions: 4
At least someone is speaking up about the consumerism side of Instagram/Christmas - so many Instamums are add after add of cheap tat this month, it’s shoved down our throat. Mrs Meldrum can’t post without another haul, today it’s was more crap from Next. I don’t following MOD either but having had a quick look I think it’s quite refreshing to hear someone talk about other charities and ways to be more ethical, especially given how much stuff she must be sent/gifted

Reactions: 6
Ironic she’s not exchanging gifts with her husband when she’s probably encouraged hundreds of women to put pieces from her jewellery collection on their Christmas ‘lists’. And hours after her post, she’s advertising a festival.
I think MOD jumps on the bandwagon without thinking things through. From the top of my head she’s recently shown a Gucci bag that was an anniversary gift from her husband, a family National Trust membership, the family kitted out in Hunter products, a house full of West Elm furniture and furnishings (no doubt gifted or discounted) and Miele dishwashers, two or three holidays this year as well as weekend breaks, an expensive Samsung television. No wonder she’s scaling back Christmas, it’s probably a welcome break from having to open and discard boxes and packaging every day.

At least someone is speaking up about the consumerism side of Instagram/Christmas - so many Instamums are add after add of cheap tat this month, it’s shoved down our throat. Mrs Meldrum can’t post without another haul, today it’s was more crap from Next. I don’t following MOD either but having had a quick look I think it’s quite refreshing to hear someone talk about other charities and ways to be more ethical, especially given how much stuff she must be sent/gifted
Which would be a totally fair observation IF she hadn’t spent the rest of the year pushing products and wasn’t telling everyone how she wants to jet off (sooooo environmentally ethical) on a holiday for Xmas next year paid for, no doubt, by a year of pushing consumerism.

Reactions: 7
How gullible must her followers be? All year it’s been about ads and links so you can buy the stuff she has been gifted but come Christmas she’s buying nothing as she’s ‘better than that’. I found find it easy to not buy gifts if I was being sent most of my children’s presents for free.

Reactions: 4
Now they’re on the line up for Bestival, hahahahaha I’m so done with this world ?

Reactions: 2
MOD is one of the biggest hypocrites on Instagram, so far in just the last few weeks she's posted about online bullying, but has been guilty of doing it herself, posted about sharenting and privacy, meanwhile FOD's whole account is based on sharenting, and now its an ethical Christmas :censored::unsure:

Reactions: 11
MOD back flogging her jewellery tonight ?...but clearly totally signed up to the concept of non gift Christmas

Reactions: 7
Is she still actually a midwife? If so bet her colleagues think she’s a right twit

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.