MOD & FOD #8 Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie Japan after midnight, help me when Slymon’s away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Full title was "Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie Japan after midnight, help me with the twinnies though when Slymon’s away" but it wouldn't fit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I really love being lectured about reducing the amount of waste I produce by a family who regularly produce so many black bags they have the visit the dump.

But it's okay, she's using glass milk bottles!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
View attachment 44364was the midwife too busy taking a photo for the gram??
I know every birth is different and everyone should feel like they can celebrate theirs but as someone who had a very long, difficult and painful labour resulting in an emergency c section I always feel like a failure when someone talks about how quick and easy their birth was.

I guess that’s my issue though, as said people shouldn’t feel guilty for having easier births...just wish they didn’t make me feel so rubbish about my own.

Reactions: 13
I know every birth is different and everyone should feel like they can celebrate theirs but as someone who had a very long, difficult and painful labour resulting in an emergency c section I always feel like a failure when someone talks about how quick and easy their birth was.

I guess that’s my issue though, as said people shouldn’t feel guilty for having easier births...just wish they didn’t make me feel so rubbish about my own.
You're not a failure. I'm sorry about your own experience but having a C section does not make you any less of a mother.It is not a minor surgery or easy option that many may see it as but extensive surgery.

Very quick labours may also sound like a dream but can bring their own problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just jumped on here to say now getting free milk... Ffs

I started using milk and more because I wanted to reduce our plastic waste, lower our carbon footprint yada. Immediately want to cancel now the fods have got their grimy paws on it

Reactions: 16

I started using milk and more because I wanted to reduce our plastic waste, lower our carbon footprint yada. Immediately want to cancel now the fods have got their grimy paws on it
Really awful following FOD joking about food banks that they’re now accepting free milk...families struggling to feed themselves and the FODs are eating and drinking for free. Joke.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

If it’s any consolation I’ve had 2 such quick births at 1 I was alone despite ringing the bell repeatedly, and was left in shock and with terrible postnatal recovery due to the speed of delivery, trauma to bowels and lacking control for weeks to both bladder and bowel. All births are different and I’ve been very lucky overall, but just because a birth was fast doesn’t mean it’s all easy 😘

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
This is an absolute bleeping piss take. Milk & More want to take a look at what they could be doing to feed kids with duck all as opposed to feeding these 2 sackless bastards and their ruined offspring.

It makes me sick. When Milk & More approached them they could so easily have said ‘look, we’ll happily support and publicise your company on our grids but we feel it would be better if the free deliveries that we would have got from you, went to a family in need and we will pay the subscription for our own deliveries’.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Really awful following FOD joking about food banks that they’re now accepting free milk...families struggling to feed themselves and the FODs are eating and drinking for free. Joke.
So they have gousto for a year and milk and more? They really are quite disgusting.

I had it for a week trial and found it overpriced for my family and they delivered the milk at 11pm, meaning unless I was up it was sat outside all night which I didn’t think was good enough.

Reactions: 13
So they have gousto for a year and milk and more? They really are quite disgusting.

I had it for a week trial and found it overpriced for my family and they delivered the milk at 11pm, meaning unless I was up it was sat outside all night which I didn’t think was good enough.
Yeah I literally only use one bottle of milk a week and like their juices but I can imagine with a larger family drinking a few pints a week it really adds up.

I can’t believe that all of these companies think it’s good pr to give middle class grammers free food- I mean it must work, but as a consumer I feel I’d respond better to campaigns around them giving to struggling families

Reactions: 12
Yeah I literally only use one bottle of milk a week and like their juices but I can imagine with a larger family drinking a few pints a week it really adds up.

I can’t believe that all of these companies think it’s good pr to give middle class grammers free food- I mean it must work, but as a consumer I feel I’d respond better to campaigns around them giving to struggling families
We get through 6-8 pints a day 🤦🏻‍♀️ And sometimes that’s all dairy and sometimes soya and oat, it was extortionate!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
The mind simply boggles that a family whose earnings topped £200k a year ago is getting free food and milk. I have no more words, it’s just sickening.

• Angry
Reactions: 38
It makes me sick. When Milk & More approached them they could so easily have said ‘look, we’ll happily support and publicise your company on our grids but we feel it would be better if the free deliveries that we would have got from you, went to a family in need and we will pay the subscription for our own deliveries’.
But then they'd actually have to pay for their own milk.

Come to think of it when have they actually done anything for their followers? (Apart from the very beginning when I saw someone chosen for flowers in 2016). Have they ever offered any discount codes like mother of five boys or done any giveaways? It's all about them and always will be. Their children are fodder for all the pervs.

This was clearly shown by her superdrug postnatal depression post,

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Come to think of it when have they actually done anything for their followers? (Apart from the very beginning when I saw someone chosen for flowers in 2016). Have they ever offered any discount codes like mother of five boys or done any giveaways? It's all about them and always will be. Their children are fodder for all the pervs.
Oh come on, be fair! She did once sell all her second hand clothes to her sycophantic minion followers! And she does review her gifted holidays ‘for us’!

But no, she gives back duck all. I don’t know what sort of hospital Kings is to be fair, but if it’s an NHS hospital like the one I gave birth in then she will have seen a fair few extremely underprivileged women give birth to babies who could only dream about having fresh milk delivered in a morning - how much better would she look if she pointed Milk & More in the direction of women like that? She’d be able to add virtue signalling to her list of talents at the very least!

Reactions: 20

I completely completely get what you mean and find myself feeling this mix of jealousy that someone's body behaved better than mine and allowed them for a more straightforward labour and feeling pissed off my body didn't 'comply'. And I always feel tit that I didn't have a water birth, but assisted birth following an induction and a forceps. What also annoys me is people who feel smug about their natural quick births - like, you don't choose what birth you have, I feel like you have barely any control on how your labour goes, no matter how many courses you take. As a midwife, she should know it.
I guess it's important to remember that at the end of the day what matters is that we are priviledged to have given birth to a new human :D

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Kings is in an area that serves many highly deprived communities. My midwives came from Kings when I had my homebirth. They were based in Peckham.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.