MOD & FOD #6 Hanging out with a secret nanny, doing admin on my fanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 3yr old throws a tit fit at anything at the moment (won’t let her play with knives, the milk is t cold enough, the potty is too cold 🙄) so I do understand those two little humans having a meltdown, but to then film it rather than deal with it just isn’t right 🤷🏻‍♀️ Put your phone down FoD (not MoD as she never appears to be with the twins....unless it’s for the ‘gram), deal with the situation and perhaps you can turn the afternoon back to being fun again - just a thought🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
I am in agreement with all of you that their parenting is bad due to the selling of their children for freebies. More just that I don’t think we should call them brats etc because I don’t believe their behaviour is unusual for children of their age. Especially ones who are always being fobbed off on other people. They aren’t needing punishment (in my opinion), they are needing to be given less stimulation and more quality, relaxed connection. I think any child of their ages would feel overwhelmed by being taken out of childcare then to a festival (where a random person looked after them and they were surrounded by noises etc) then to a holiday cottage with more of their parent’s friends. It’s too much.

I did, however, put in the caveat about judging parenting because I feel so uncomfortable judging other parents’s approached with their children (even mod and fod!).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My 3yr old throws a tit fit at anything at the moment (won’t let her play with knives, the milk is t cold enough, the potty is too cold 🙄) so I do understand those two little humans having a meltdown, but to then film it rather than deal with it just isn’t right 🤷🏻‍♀️ Put your phone down FoD (not MoD as she never appears to be with the twins....unless it’s for the ‘gram), deal with the situation and perhaps you can turn the afternoon back to being fun again - just a thought🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
We’ve all been there. And not dealing with it as it’s happening just exaggerates the whole thing ❤

But if you don’t film and share it, how will anyone know how difficult your life is? 😒

Reactions: 9
I hate it when people film their kids misbehaving- it gives such mixed messages to the children.

Just turn off your phone and deal with it

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I am in agreement with all of you that their parenting is bad due to the selling of their children for freebies. More just that I don’t think we should call them brats etc because I don’t believe their behaviour is unusual for children of their age. Especially ones who are always being fobbed off on other people. They aren’t needing punishment (in my opinion), they are needing to be given less stimulation and more quality, relaxed connection. I think any child of their ages would feel overwhelmed by being taken out of childcare then to a festival (where a random person looked after them and they were surrounded by noises etc) then to a holiday cottage with more of their parent’s friends. It’s too much.

I did, however, put in the caveat about judging parenting because I feel so uncomfortable judging other parents’s approached with they children (even mod and fod!).
This shows your thoughtfulness 🥰

But putting yourself out there as a parenting expert on a public forum opens you up to judgement. They have created this, not us.

I hate it when people film their kids misbehaving- it gives such mixed messages to the children.

Just turn off your phone and deal with it
Exactly. Our kids are so much more important than content 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m definitely not here to argue with any of you, especially about different parenting styles. I just find these people who sell their children infuriating. Buy your own bloody sofa! 😂

Reactions: 13
We’ve all been there. And not dealing with it as it’s happening just exaggerates the whole thing ❤

But if you don’t film and share it, how will anyone know how difficult your life is? 😒
Well exactly, it’s not like anyone else has ever had to deal with a tantruming toddler is it 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good job we’ve got the FoD/Mod’s to show us how hard parenting is (obvs not when they’ve got their nannies on hand to help out as they frantically type (copy) more blog posts and think up more ‘gram photo oops.......) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Well exactly, it’s not like anyone else has ever had to deal with a tantruming toddler is it 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good job we’ve got the FoD/Mod’s to show us how hard parenting is (obvs not when they’ve got their nannies on hand to help out as they frantically type (copy) more blog posts and think up more ‘gram photo oops.......) 😂
Right? I wouldn’t have known that mine ever did were it not for the ODs 🤣

And who knew that blogging could only be done during daylight hours with the kids off school 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 6
To be honest, if I had as much time off from being a parent as they do, I’d be more than capable of handling the odd tantrum. Some of us spend all of our time, when not working to pay the bills, dealing with the mood swings of small people. They’ve both had absolutely tonnes of time off from parenting recently. I’d be like a new woman if I had as much time to myself as they do! Yet they act like it’s such a big deal when they do the odd hour of parenting.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
[QUOTE="ChesterDraws, And who knew that blogging could only be done during daylight hours with the kids off school 🤯
[/QUOTE]

They can’t do anything later on as there’s paint choices and hideous tile decisions to be made 😂

• Haha
To be honest, if I had as much time off from being a parent as they do, I’d be more than capable of handling the odd tantrum. Some of us spend all of our time, when not working to pay the bills, dealing with the mood swings of small people. They’ve both had absolutely tonnes of time off from parenting recently. I’d be like a new woman if I had as much time to myself as they do! Yet they act like it’s such a big deal when they do the odd hour of parenting.
Nail on head Nosey 👏🏼
So much easier to manage that stage in a balanced way when rested. But maybe they’re just not used to having them ‘full time’ 🤭

Reactions: 4
That’s so true , they both bugger of at the first sniff of a free trip .

They’d never cope in the real world of single parents or one half working away.

• Sad
Nail on head Nosey 👏🏼
So much easier to manage that stage in a balanced way when rested. But maybe they’re just not used to having them ‘full time’ 🤭
True! I’m actually still waiting for the moment where we find out that they have a live-in nanny and all the bedtime scenes were just staged.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That’s so true , they both bugger of at the first sniff of a free trip .

They’d never cope in the real world of single parents or one half working away.
Absolutely! Or even in the world of people who don’t have cleaners, builders for every bit of work in their house, 4 days of childcare when they only work one day per week, etc etc etc

Also, was that plant story MOD trying to take her next step in to interiors? I imagine her inevitable book will have a chapter on houseplants and one on how to arrange vases and candles on shelves.

Reactions: 7
True! I’m actually still waiting for the moment where we find out that they have a live-in nanny and all the bedtime scenes were just staged.
Just wait for the au pair to go on holiday before MoD moans about doing bedtimes because shes away 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Absolutely! Or even in the world of people who don’t have cleaners, builders for every bit of work in their house, 4 days of childcare when they only work one day per week, etc etc etc

Also, was that plant story MOD trying to take her next step in to interiors? I imagine her inevitable book will have a chapter on houseplants and one on how to arrange vases and candles on shelves.
Oh god. Can’t manage her children but can bring a plant back from near death 🤦🏼‍♀️ All hail saint Clemmie! 😇

• Haha
Oh god. Can’t manage her children but can bring a plant back from near death 🤦🏼‍♀️ All hail saint Clemmie! 😇
That’s her focus 😂 Most mums of 4 would definitely struggle to keep that many plants alive. Not mod though; palm off the kids, focus on the plants and tiles.

• Haha
My bug bear is he indulges their bad behaviour in fact he positively encourages it because hey it makes good stories, the next thing is he’s bitching about it because it’s all so difficult. I don’t think they are bad children or that even the dog is a bad dog it’s him and his stupid bloody behaviour. It’s bed time let’s chase you all round the house and let you trash your bedroom then sigh and raise your stupid eyebrows as if to say 🤷‍♀️ ‘What can a hapless dad do’ Or lets take you to the garden centre and laugh at the carnage you cause cos it’s so cutesy wootsey oh the idiot posts are endless like when they moved into that house and the twins were much younger but they were allowed to just wander off and cause orchestrated chaos then he would act all surprised and exasperated 🙄🙄🙄🙄 and yes children do have tantrums mine have had some epic ones but urgh He just infuriates me so I might retract the brat word but he’s still a dick

Reactions: 21
My bug bear is he indulges their bad behaviour in fact he positively encourages it because hey it makes good stories, the next thing is he’s bitching about it because it’s all so difficult. I don’t think they are bad children or that even the dog is a bad dog it’s him and his stupid bloody behaviour. It’s bed time let’s chase you all round the house and let you trash your bedroom then sigh and raise your stupid eyebrows as if to say 🤷‍♀️ ‘What can a hapless dad do’ Or lets take you to the garden centre and laugh at the carnage you cause cos it’s so cutesy wootsey oh the idiot posts are endless like when they moved into that house and the twins were much younger but they were allowed to just wander off and cause orchestrated chaos then he would act all surprised and exasperated 🙄🙄🙄🙄 and yes children do have tantrums mine have had some epic ones but urgh He just infuriates me so I might retract the brat word but he’s still a dick
I know what you mean. 3 year olds can’t be brats. They’re still developing. Adults on the other hand 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.