MOD & FOD #4 The kids are on show to fund the reno!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FOD and his dad dancing tonight 🙄.....absolutely ridiculous and cringeworthy 🤣🤣 and WTF was he wearing?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Those gifted pj's she's wearing are £95 a pair! 😮 Unbelievable it really is.
So cheap compared to her £160 pair she got as a treat when Twinnie was in hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8
Going to come across as very classist, but they way they carry on is just common. Tag this, swipe here, AF AD GIFTED... it's just crass. £280k in the bank is NOTHING to the sort of people they emulate, if that makes sense. i.e. if you could afford to live like they do in terms of consumerism, you'd need a lot more than £280k in the bank. But then people who could afford to live 'like that' probably wouldn't. The amount of seriously wealthy people I know driving around in clapped out crappy old cars buying their clothes from supermarkets because the kids wipe snot all over them anyway is testament to that. They don't waste money on things, they invest it.

And they don't then flaunt all their tit on the internet...

I think a case in point is someone like UGG, who before she had the instafame and therefore crazily expensive kids' tit sent to her for free was using IKEA £19 high chairs for the twins. I bet the new baby will be Stokke'd up to its eyeballs. She's in it for the freebies, but it does then move her into the crass bracket.

Properly rich people don't bother wasting all their money on fads. It's the lower aspirational socioeconomic classes who priorities 'stuff', and that's who the MOFODS are revered by. And actually it's very apparent when you see MOD especially basically only commenting on wealthy instafamous accounts that she's exactly the same.

Social climbing is SO VULGAR. Bad enough to do it IRL, but in public on social media.. desperate.
I totally agree can think if people with more money like this account

6 kids has house in London and country house.
Kids go to prestigious state school.
Very eclectic house and fashion sense
Not sure they have 2 dishwashers or washers.

Jools Oliver 5 kids mansion in London and Essex
Kids in private school. Nanny
Designs clothes for Mothercare don't think she used her kids to model.

Caleadoherty jimmys farm wife.
Massive small holding
Husbands a presenter
4 kids 3 in private school

We see snippets of nice family shots
Background of their house

Fleur De force yes she gets many freebies but they truly wealthy in their own right country home with land, flat in London, holiday home Portugal plus obligatory ski/ Cornwall break.
I don't think they exploit their daughter too much.
None if them exploit their many kids
Or talk about brands all the time and how much it costs.

It seems in Insta the working class infleuencers try to be middle class and try way hard to be posh like Mrs Meldrum.
The boring middle class London mummies want to be upper middle class and hang around those with power and high society.
But their actions the way they behave might put off the people they trying to attract.
Your vibe attracts your tribe they say.
Most if them are nouveaux rich and try harder.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The dressing table is really nothing special and looks like mdf kids bedroom. Surprised she hasn’t bought herself a title to go with the dressing room, Lady Clementine, in her pink dressing room.
On a real note, I am really shocked at her awful taste and what they are doing to that house. Their old house was lovely. I’m not sure gifted tit can ever give the same overall effect as buying and choosing for your house with your own money.
it looks exactly like the one my uncle made me in the 80s from MDF 🤣 ...

Reactions: 4
That is so so sad. The reply is still there but comment by emptying feather nest is gone?

I totally agree can think if people with more money like this account

6 kids has house in London and country house.
Kids go to prestigious state school.
Very eclectic house and fashion sense
Not sure they have 2 dishwashers or washers.

Jools Oliver 5 kids mansion in London and Essex
Kids in private school. Nanny
Designs clothes for Mothercare don't think she used her kids to model.

Caleadoherty jimmys farm wife.
Massive small holding
Husbands a presenter
4 kids 3 in private school

We see snippets of nice family shots
Background of their house

Fleur De force yes she gets many freebies but they truly wealthy in their own right country home with land, flat in London, holiday home Portugal plus obligatory ski/ Cornwall break.
I don't think they exploit their daughter too much.
None if them exploit their many kids
Or talk about brands all the time and how much it costs.

It seems in Insta the working class infleuencers try to be middle class and try way hard to be posh like Mrs Meldrum.
The boring middle class London mummies want to be upper middle class and hang around those with power and high society.
But their actions the way they behave might put off the people they trying to attract.
Your vibe attracts your tribe they say.
Most if them are nouveaux rich and try harder.
Victoria Roper Curzon -who I really like, has 5 kids and runs the business Elfie London, very expensive lovely traditional clothing with a pricey tag. Her husband Peter is an pianist who played at Royal wedding and photos of family indicate old money, they have a beautiful home in Norfolk which they holiday let.
Jools Oliver- does she have a nanny? I honestly thought it was her. Loved the lives her teenage girls did from their home, such a warm family and house.
Caela Doherty I also follow but not sure what to make of her, she doesn’t share much.
I feel like these are the people MOD is trying to emulate, whilst glossing over her husband selling her kids in their nappies and her shoving every gifted item in her home down everyone’s throats. You’re failing MOD, you can’t by class with freebies.

Reactions: 3
I feel like pointing out that your make up might be over three years old whilst flashing a box filled with every Bobbi brown shade mostly unused is the definition of humble bragging. Maybe I’m the weird one but I have quite a few bits of make up over three years old. I’m not broke or unhygienic. There’s the high use items like foundation, mascara, etc but surely everyone has a few old lippies and eye shadows that you only use occasionally and last forever
I think the Bobbi brown range is gifted, but as usual undeclared.The american make up channels I was following were always being sent the full range to review.

I've stopped buying make up now, but I was thinking the same- what I have lasts me absolute ages. I have a Mac Russian Red lipstick which I wear it all the time but there's still around half left and I've had it for around 4 years now.

Sewm
Victoria Roper Curzon -who I really like, has 5 kids and runs the business Elfie London, very expensive lovely traditional clothing with a pricey tag. Her husband Peter is an pianist who played at Royal wedding and photos of family indicate old money, they have a beautiful home in Norfolk which they holiday let.
Jools Oliver- does she have a nanny? I honestly thought it was her. Loved the lives her teenage girls did from their home, such a warm family and house.
Caela Doherty I also follow but not sure what to make of her, she doesn’t share much.
I feel like these are the people MOD is trying to emulate, whilst glossing over her husband selling her kids in their nappies and her shoving every gifted item in her home down everyone’s throats. You’re failing MOD, you can’t by class with freebies.
Seems like we have similar tastes God knows why I felt she had 1 extra child.
But they great examples as they all larger families with money who show snipppets of their kids and lifestyle without over exposing exposing or exploring kids.
There s seldom a tag for a brand or a affiliate link.
You see a lovely family spending time the content seems less forced and less materialistic.
Just bog standard balloons and fabric bunting.
Pretty floral dresses. Painted antique furniture .
It's a strange one followed lots influencer accounts as couldent relate, too ad heavy ,made me feel crap as we dident have these things.
But the upper class infleuencers, the ones with lots money I enjoy their feed seeing snapshots of how they live they don't make me feel crap.
I could actually recreate some if their photos on a small budget with at home old fashioned birthday parties, painting furniture, putting the girls in floral dresses and going to the beach
Despite being hugely wealthy they not selling me things I can't afford.

Reactions: 6
I think the Bobbi brown range is gifted, but as usual undeclared.The american make up channels I was following were always being sent the full range to review.

I've stopped buying make up now, but I was thinking the same- what I have lasts me absolute ages. I have a Mac Russian Red lipstick which I wear it all the time but there's still around half left and I've had it for around 4 years now.
Dont think it really matters how old your make up is so long as it hasn't "gone funny"!! I'll have a clear out now and then, but it's usually just stuff I dont use.

Sewm
Seems like we have similar tastes God knows why I felt she had 1 extra child.
But they great examples as they all larger families with money who show snipppets of their kids and lifestyle without over exposing exposing or exploring kids.
There s seldom a tag for a brand or a affiliate link.
You see a lovely family spending time the content seems less forced and less materialistic.
Just bog standard balloons and fabric bunting.
Pretty floral dresses. Painted antique furniture .
It's a strange one followed lots influencer accounts as couldent relate, too ad heavy ,made me feel crap as we dident have these things.
But the upper class infleuencers, the ones with lots money I enjoy their feed seeing snapshots of how they live they don't make me feel crap.
I could actually recreate some if their photos on a small budget with at home old fashioned birthday parties, painting furniture, putting the girls in floral dresses and going to the beach
Despite being hugely wealthy they not selling me things I can't afford.
Well weirdly I find them more relatable. Their house is a mix of antiques and Ikea! She said she based her holiday cottage on the kitchen in Nanny McPhee! But she has her own stamp and style and many of the items are affordable or source able. The birthday parties are homely and beautiful, she creates content of a loving, loved home where the emphasis is on the time spent together rather than lovely gifted tat and crap. I feel MOD’s old house was lovely and desirable and relatable. Their life was attractive. That’s what they have lost, their real ness.

Well weirdly I find them more relatable. Their house is a mix of antiques and Ikea! She said she based her holiday cottage on the kitchen in Nanny McPhee! But she has her own stamp and style and many of the items are affordable or source able. The birthday parties are homely and beautiful, she creates content of a loving, loved home where the emphasis is on the time spent together rather than lovely gifted tat and crap. I feel MOD’s old house was lovely and desirable and relatable. Their life was attractive. That’s what they have lost, their real ness.
Yes theres no soul is there?
They act like they ones juggling large family.
So many do it better on Insta.
Quite like mumma Hodge podge she's got .
Love mess from too many children
Shes achieves an image most try hards just try to achieve by buying mini boden.
Looking at pretty pictures is why I first loved Instagram anyway.
The curzons seen like fab parents and the sort I would aspire to be.

To be fair to Mod, she wasn't directing that comment at Feathering the Empty Nest and if you scroll through the replies it wasn't near Feathering's comment either. So hopefully she didn't see it.

Still a little tactless though...

I don’t get why MOD has her face plastered all over a page in Grazia in an article to do with baby loss. She’s not lost a baby, never written about baby loss and the only link she has appears to be in presenting an award at the Tommy’s event tonight. Just because she’s celeb midwife of the century?! There are far more deserving, well-meaning and genuine people out there doing SO much to raise awareness of baby loss, yet she gets the big spread and even more publicity for herself.

Reactions: 16
On a different note why does FOD video himself dancing like he's a 15 year old
whose had too many skittles?

The MOD at the Babyloss *award*and in the article is inexplicable.

Imagine being presented with an award by someone famous for photographing themselves and their home and children in exchange for free clothes, furniture, appliances and holidays. *yeah thanks for the award*

Reactions: 10
I don’t get why MOD has her face plastered all over a page in Grazia in an article to do with baby loss. She’s not lost a baby, never written about baby loss and the only link she has appears to be in presenting an award at the Tommy’s event tonight. Just because she’s celeb midwife of the century?! There are far more deserving, well-meaning and genuine people out there doing SO much to raise awareness of baby loss, yet she gets the big spread and even more publicity for herself.
Absolutely. She’s the only midwife in the UK they could have used in the article don’t ya know. I just don’t get how anyone thinks she’s sincere, £95 pyjamas one day and raising awareness of babyloss the next day?

Reactions: 8
Some comments have been removed from this thread to avoid any upset or arguments,
Hope that’s ok.
Xx

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.