MOD & FOD #4 The kids are on show to fund the reno!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You totally could. I still haven't got over her sharing the "recipe" for avocado and egg on toast 🤣
I didn’t realise she ate til yesterday - drank, definitely, but there aren’t thankfully many pretentious food pictures 😆

Bet they were organic, hand picked by fairy avocados that she used 😝

Reactions: 3
#pressdiscount is a made up hashtag used to disguise freebies, for all we know the discount could be 99.99999%

Reactions: 5
He says " we are performing at blah blah blah " what exactly are they doing ? Performing what exactly ? Why have they been given a rider ....

Reactions: 3
But even her ‘small’ house was a 4 bed house in London! It was lovely!
Yes I totally agree - it was lovely and they seemed to work hard to have it. Now they are just freeloading and "working" from home. A real let down. I find that with most instagrammers. They get so big for their boots that they are unrelateable any more.

Reactions: 2
He says " we are performing at blah blah blah " what exactly are they doing ? Performing what exactly ? Why have they been given a rider ....
For their mega amazing DJ set. They asked all their followers what they wanted to hear.

She used to be so likeable in her small house in London. Now the look of her and the way she acts is so utterly off putting. What I find though is they don't fall off the face of the earth? I wonder when her number will be up? You can't always be in vogue.
The irony (and it's a huge irony) is that before she/they were 'instafamous' :sick: they already had it all. Jobs they loved. Beautiful, healthy kids. Gorgeous house - that they took pride in doing up themselves. Nice 'stuff'- I remember Simon bringing her back a Chanel bag from a trip to America and she was so excited. Lots of holidays. A social life despite kids. I don't like talking about appearance but yes her bloody teeth were lovely before.
That's why they were popular. That and the fact that they seemed relatable. They were like us, but that little bit glossier.
I wonder if they often don't think was it worth it? Do they really seems happy? Her with the drinking and partying. Him with the ramblings.
The fact that they're both on insta means there's little respite from it.
I'm someone in a fairly similar situation - a midwife with multiple young children and I admit I used to feel quite envious. Mainly of the childcare and support they got from their mother in laws rather than the other stuff.
It helps to remind me of what is important. Because I would not swap places with her in a million years. I'll happily keep my nan bathroom with rotting carpet and leaky bath. My charity shop clothes. My staycations. My yellow, wonky teeth. Because none of that tit matters. It is a healthy reminder to me. And may be why we are all so obsessed with it? That they have all the stuff we're told by advertisers we need and it hasn't made them happy. The very stuff they tried to manipulate us into needing has actually fucked them over. Sweet irony.
The whole situation reminds me of that kids book 'a squash and a squeeze'. Or other kids stories where a lady is unhappy with her lot and then is granted a wish by the genie (instagram). Yet despite all the wishes in the end she realises she was happiest to start with. The FODs to me are a reminder to be grateful for what I've got and what truly matters. And bless them I'm grateful to them for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The irony (and it's a huge irony) is that before she/they were 'instafamous' :sick: they already had it all. Jobs they loved. Beautiful, healthy kids. Gorgeous house - that they took pride in doing up themselves. Nice 'stuff'- I remember Simon bringing her back a Chanel bag from a trip to America and she was so excited. Lots of holidays. A social life despite kids. I don't like talking about appearance but yes her bloody teeth were lovely before.
That's why they were popular. That and the fact that they seemed relatable. They were like us, but that little bit glossier.
I wonder if they often don't think was it worth it? Do they really seems happy? Her with the drinking and partying. Him with the ramblings.
The fact that they're both on insta means there's little respite from it.
I'm someone in a fairly similar situation - a midwife with multiple young children and I admit I used to feel quite envious. Mainly of the childcare and support they got from their mother in laws rather than the other stuff.
It helps to remind me of what is important. Because I would not swap places with her in a million years. I'll happily keep my nan bathroom with rotting carpet and leaky bath. My charity shop clothes. My staycations. My yellow, wonky teeth. Because none of that tit matters. It is a healthy reminder to me. And may be why we are all so obsessed with it? That they have all the stuff we're told by advertisers we need and it hasn't made them happy. The very stuff they tried to manipulate us into needing has actually fucked them over. Sweet irony.
The whole situation reminds me of that kids book 'a squash and a squeeze'. Or other kids stories where a lady is unhappy with her lot and then is granted a wish by the genie (instagram). Yet despite all the wishes in the end she realises she was happiest to start with. The FODs to me are a reminder to be grateful for what I've got and what truly matters. And bless them I'm grateful to them for that.
You are so right - they had a near prefect life in London but also worked hard to gte their stuff. Simon has a good job and earns/earned good money so they were able to do/buy more stuff than most. Is life really any better now talking about free stuff and sharing your life with 1.5 million people. I just can't believe it is. And Clemmie definitely looked better and happier.

Reactions: 4
Where was the 4 bed house in london? I thought it was a tiny flat with damp? MOD has mentioned how tiny and damp it was in the bathroom many times.

Considering when they bought and the wages they would have been getting at that stage in their careers they still did land on their feet even before instafame. I know couples on two wages that would be similar to FOD that haven't been able to buy anything but a small flat in the last 10 years of living in london.

Reactions: 2
For their mega amazing DJ set. They asked all their followers what they wanted to hear.
Yes this is an absolute joke. My husband is a DJ and lives and breathes music. He gets so annoyed by people such as Paris Hilton and the ODs djing. They have no musical talent or taste. DJing is one of those things where it looks easy and people think 'oh I could do that.' Not realising the amount of skill, talent, love and work that goes into a good DJ set.

Where was the 4 bed house in london? I thought it was a tiny flat with damp? MOD has mentioned how tiny and damp it was in the bathroom many times.

Considering when they bought and the wages they would have been getting at that stage in their careers they still did land on their feet even before instafame. I know couples on two wages that would be similar to FOD that haven't been able to buy anything but a small flat in the last 10 years of living in london.
Sadly I know that the tiny flat with damp was when they first moved to London. The 4 bed was in Crystal Palace I believe and they bought it when Marnie was tiny

Also I highly doubt they are actually 'djing' as in playing vinyl from their huge record collection amassed over years of loving search. With tunes specifically chosen to meet the vibe of the crowd, mixed beat to beat. It will be some playlist and they'll just press 'play' and then dance like dicks. They may even pretend to mix. Probably using head phones that aren't plugged in. Cringe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Where was the 4 bed house in london? I thought it was a tiny flat with damp? MOD has mentioned how tiny and damp it was in the bathroom many times..

According to rightmove the London house was bought in 2013 and is 125 sqm over 3 floors, so is not a tiny at all. Also it looks pretty modern, not the kind of house that would have damp

You totally could. I still haven't got over her sharing the "recipe" for avocado and egg on toast 🤣
Hey, come on, she's a professional chef, right? And, don't you just know that before FOD took the #AD photo, they agreed she would throw her head back in laughter. Wonder how many 'takes' it took?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sadly I know that the tiny flat with damp was when they first moved to London. The 4 bed was in Crystal Palace I believe and they bought it when Marnie was tiny
Wow so they bought a flat in london just after graduating. Even 15 years ago next to nobody did that! Many people have to share a room with their partner.

Right from the start they've been very fortunate and privileged.

Still I don't envy their lifestyle, no offence to thanet i know its up and coming but compared to london and bristol i couldn't live there. Plus them sharing so much of their life for ads must distort so many of their relationships.

She used to be so likeable in her small house in London. Now the look of her and the way she acts is so utterly off putting. What I find though is they don't fall off the face of the earth? I wonder when her number will be up? You can't always be in vogue.
They will probably draaaaag it out till the twins are at proper infant school

This is out there anyway:

But I personally I would find others knowing so much about me to be creepy. The house is the same but it looks like it's up for sale again.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-p...ml?prop=69472621&sale=9806761&country=england

Someone asked Ca Pietra to explain #pressdiscount but, what a surprise, the question has been removed! Not a company I would give my money to then.
Brilliant question! I would be tempted to post too.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.