MOD & FOD #4 The kids are on show to fund the reno!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just catching up with comments, sorry if it’s been said already... but I noticed in FODs outing to b&q he had a Mercedes... what happened to the ever trusting and reliable Volvo?

Just catching up with comments, sorry if it’s been said already... but I noticed in FODs outing to b&q he had a Mercedes... what happened to the ever trusting and reliable Volvo?
I thought it was a Mercedes when MoD had the paint mishap and the boot was covered from dodgy ill fitting tins. I think the Merc is the paid for private family car .

Reactions: 1
I remember Mrs Hinch saying ‘press discount’ About all her baby stuff once she started getting things in. Ridiculous term I think they’re using as a way to get round the ASA. Probably get like 99% off or something
I work in the press/PR industry and I have never heard of this term. It’s another word for gifted by the sounds of it 🙄

Reactions: 9
I’ve noticed some influencers saying they’ve received a ‘press discount’ on hotel bookings. Or the latest seems to be a ‘press appointment’ when at a spa/salon, etc.

Reactions: 3
FOD wondering why the twins won’t go to sleep in their new beds (at 9.30pm). Maybe, just maybe, stop making videos, leave your phone downstairs and turn the light off 🤷🏻‍♀️
I am now the person I hate. Judging other parents, and being sanctimonious to boot.

But you are so right! Switch off the lights, go downstairs, ignore the histrionics, and leave them alone!

Reactions: 11
FOD is a good photographer. He knows how where to sit his children, where the light is and how to capture a moment, so his children always look perfect in photos. Clemmie Telford just doesn’t have that magic polish: she probably puts up the photos she takes, whereas the ODs probably take 150 photos and then post the best one. Honestly the kids all look the same! Stick them in the best light, with the best clothes, pulling best faces and boom...100,000 likes.

Reactions: 6
FOD is a good photographer. He knows how where to sit his children, where the light is and how to capture a moment, so his children always look perfect in photos. Clemmie Telford just doesn’t have that magic polish: she probably puts up the photos she takes, whereas the ODs probably take 150 photos and then post the best one. Honestly the kids all look the same! Stick them in the best light, with the best clothes, pulling best faces and boom...100,000 likes.
Completely with you here. After about 1,000 attempts I take a photo of my children which proves my theory that they are the most beautiful beings ever created. However in the 999 others one will be squinting, a nose might be running, and they will definitely be looking in the wrong direction.

On a different note...

One of the loudest complaints about the Instamum gang that I read on Tattle is the total invasion of their children’s privacy for likes and revenue. Let’s not lower ourselves to share our opinions about how those children look, because they are children with no control over what is posted of them or who views it. Children who should be protected. Children who have personally done nothing to deserve the unsolicited opinions of anonymous folk online.

Writing online about their appearance makes us no better than their exploitative parents. However opinions about said parents who have full control over what they post... well that’s fair game!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
FOD being passive aggressive again about MOD having another night out while he deals with the twins.... I know it's their schtick for her to be absent and him to be the hapless dad, but maybe they'd have more success with the bed transition if mummy were there too. Perhaps the bed swap could have waited a night? It seems more about getting content rather than gently helping their toddlers get used to a new bedtime set up.

My observation about those beds is that they will outgrow them very soon. And a wicker basket on the floor as a bedside table is not very practical.

Reactions: 1
Do the kids get paid when they are on #ad #sponsored Instagram content? If it was a “real” advert then they would be actors with a pay check. Or the ODs (and all the other instafamilies) just pay themselves?

Reactions: 5
Discussing how someone's child looks just isn't on. No matter how you feel about that Instagramer, it's unkind and hateful.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The video of the GREAT FUN of him putting them to bed before - is it any wonder the girls play him up, they know they get rewarded if they perform for the camera and with the lights on and him haplessly parenting of course he’s got great content of all the times those pesky twins didn’t go to bed. He literally stands in the corner and watches them push chairs towards their cots, climb onto the chairs and fling themselves into the cot. It’s the Truman show!

Reactions: 5
MOD is like a young Hyacinth Bouquet (bucket) 😂 I would say FOD was Richard but I always had such a fond spot for Richard.

• Haha
Is that the same bedroom they had before? It looks much smaller and yet equally grey... even without the grey. At that age my friend had each wall painted a different vibrant colour. I wanted her bedroom. The decor in the twins’ bedroom isn’t for them, it is for Instagram and their parents. Sad and dull.

Reactions: 7
Is that the same bedroom they had before? It looks much smaller and yet equally grey... even without the grey. At that age my friend had each wall painted a different vibrant colour. I wanted her bedroom. The decor in the twins’ bedroom isn’t for them, it is for Instagram and their parents. Sad and dull.
This is so true and I have a feeling it’s like that in a lot of homes now with how prominent social media is in our lives. I too had a bedroom with each wall a different bright colour, Mis matching tacky decorations that I’d chosen myself, bang on the door duvet set 😂. Nothing went but I loved it. Definitely wasn’t about to win any interior design awards 😂

True. They haven't created a thoughtful, personal, family home. They have commissioned an Instagram stage set.

Reactions: 8
Such made up nonsense, the faux drama of going to sleep in new beds, Simon had them hyped up and encouraged them to perform. Their cots were almost like beds since the sides were opened up and they could get in and out themselves so no transition to big bed really.

They seem to be in the smallest room in the house, decorated in flat lifeless colours. Not sure why they’re bothering with toddler beds, though two regular single beds would probably fill the room!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.