MOD & FOD #4 The kids are on show to fund the reno!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree with this, my mum is very wealthy but my partner oftens says she looks like she's homeless šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. She does not care what anybody thinks and has no need to show off.
Haha! My husband is a HNWI. If someone comes to the door flogging stuff I'll say I'm the cleaner... it's never been challenged.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Itā€™s all terribly nouveau riche darling.
Very - itā€™s so look at what I have. Iā€™d have more truck with it if they actually earned it, rather than earning it by showing they have it - (I think šŸ¤£šŸ¤£)

Reactions: 3
The dressing table/dressing room furniture is custom made by same company that made their kitchen units...šŸ™„

Reactions: 2
She really think sheā€™s arrived having a dressing room !! It looks impractical to me - it doesnā€™t seem to be connected to her bedroom. Though I think her bathroom leads off it ?? Seems an odd layout.
And all the pink - pink bits and pieces in the kitchen, adults sitting room, pink dressing room, pink girls bathroom. In a yearā€™s time all that pink will make them feel ill!

Reactions: 5
The dressing room just made me sad. It made me think of someone trapped as a prisoner in their own 'fairytale'. It reeks of 'look at this stuff, I must be happy'. But it all feels so hollow and empty.

Reactions: 18
No discernible style in that dressing room except that it reminds me of something from MFI.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
No discernible style in that dressing room except that it reminds me of something from MFI.
The dressing table is really nothing special and looks like mdf kids bedroom. Surprised she hasnā€™t bought herself a title to go with the dressing room, Lady Clementine, in her pink dressing room.
On a real note, I am really shocked at her awful taste and what they are doing to that house. Their old house was lovely. Iā€™m not sure gifted tit can ever give the same overall effect as buying and choosing for your house with your own money.

In the real world, it's decadent to have a dressing room. I know their house must be huge, but given FOD showed the older girls rooms recently (something he said he wouldn't do), and they seemed to be on the top floor and quite small, I might be wrong but the OD parents seem to have a lot of house space dedicated to themselves, adults sitting room, study, and now the dressing room. I hope the older girls have space where they can get peace and quiet from the twins to revise when it comes to GCSE's.

Reactions: 5
The only houses Iā€™ve seen with dressing rooms are ones which have had extensions and the only way to make the space work is to link the new bedroom in via a dressing room. Only way to use awkward space.... Iā€™m sure someone can find the floorplans online & confirm.

*Caveat that with ā€œnormal ukā€ houses. Clearly Americans know how to live & build whole room ā€œclosetsā€ as standard. Modern uk McMansions (Luisa zissman et al) build them in.

Reactions: 4
They have 7 bedrooms in the property so with twins sharing and the other girls have one each, thereā€™s 3 left over for showing off and guest rooms.

Reactions: 6
The dressing room just made me sad. It made me think of someone trapped as a prisoner in their own 'fairytale'. It reeks of 'look at this stuff, I must be happy'. But it all feels so hollow and empty.
Especially so when it just smacks of her murky business ventures. Clemmie - you need to be clear. If you've paid for it (and after all you earned Ā£240,000 last year flogging your daughter's childhoods so you can afford it), then say so. Try some sort of semblance of professionalism - you never know, a clear conscience might let you enjoy it more.

Reactions: 3
I feel like pointing out that your make up might be over three years old whilst flashing a box filled with every Bobbi brown shade mostly unused is the definition of humble bragging. Maybe Iā€™m the weird one but I have quite a few bits of make up over three years old. Iā€™m not broke or unhygienic. Thereā€™s the high use items like foundation, mascara, etc but surely everyone has a few old lippies and eye shadows that you only use occasionally and last forever

Reactions: 15
The dressing table/dressing room furniture is custom made by same company that made their kitchen units...šŸ™„
Well, that makes sense then because the dressing room units look like kitchen units. IKEA ones.

Joshing aside. I also detect a faint air of emptiness/unhappiness about all this stuff they now have. Presumably it's because, deep down, Clemmie knows they haven't earned it honestly through sheer hard work. They have only 'earned' it by selling their integrity, privacy and values. At first, I bet the novelty value makes it feel like it's all worth it, but as time goes on and there's more and more and more stuff, then I think it must start to feel tarnished and tawdry?

All that glitters is not gold, as the saying goes...

After all, there cannot be any sense of personal achievement. Any sense of anticipation has been lost long ago - Clemmie only has to remark how old her make up is and bingo, Bobbi Brown deliver a whole new drawer full.

It's like an overly spoilt child on Christmas morning with that many presents to open that they become meaningless. If Clemmie knows she can just 'request' yet another reno in 3 years then how can she really get all that excited about this one?

Their constant conspicuous consumption is ultimately unfulfilling because more is never enough now. Their lives bloom with dazzling profusion on the surface, but nothing is rooted deep.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Well, that makes sense then because the dressing room units look like kitchen units. IKEA ones.

Joshing aside. I also detect a faint air of emptiness/unhappiness about all this stuff they now have. Presumably it's because, deep down, Clemmie knows they haven't earned it honestly through sheer hard work. They have only 'earned' it by selling their integrity, privacy and values. At first, I bet the novelty value makes it feel like it's all worth it, but as time goes on and there's more and more and more stuff, then I think it must start to feel tarnished and tawdry?

All that glitters is not gold, as the saying goes...

After all, there cannot be any sense of personal achievement. Any sense of anticipation has been lost long ago - Clemmie only has to remark how old her make up is and bingo, Bobbi Brown deliver a whole new drawer full.

It's like an overly spoilt child on Christmas morning with that many presents to open that they become meaningless. If Clemmie knows she can just 'request' yet another reno in 3 years then how can she really get all that excited about this one?

Their constant conspicuous consumption is ultimately unfulfilling because more is never enough now. Their lives bloom with dazzling profusion on the surface, but nothing is rooted deep.
It is actually stomach churning to see such levels of greed, greed, greed. Hang your heads in shame Hoopers - you have flogged your children's childhood to no avail and your insecurity will mean you will never be satisfied and will just come back for more, more, more.......

nice how she makes those gifted pjs about the twins bedtime. šŸ™„ I can imagine her taking them off after that post. They arenā€™t very well fitted

nice how she makes those gifted pjs about the twins bedtime. šŸ™„ I can imagine her taking them off after that post. They arenā€™t very well fitted
I just really thought, seriously do you buy anything? Do you ever feel like you have actually treated yourself? Like you love something for a reason other than itā€™s free?
And did FOD seriously post a pic this eve of his very big girls naked bar nappies???? Wtf
And beds? Durr yes Simon those girls are 3.5years old, they need beds. Theyā€™ve been turning those ridiculously overpriced gifts upside down for years...

Reactions: 9
Durr yes Simon those girls are 3.5years old, they need beds. Theyā€™ve been turning those ridiculously overpriced gifts upside down for years...
Perhaps theyā€™ve been waiting to be ā€˜kindly giftedā€™ some beds. They canā€™t be expected to buy their own children beds now can they?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.