MOD & FOD #3 Part time parents full time grifters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s not about doubting her skills as a Midwife.

She’s choosing a social media career over the profession she claims to love with a passion , that clearly isn’t the case.

Reactions: 5
Well from what I'm reading, some of you ARE dismissing her skills just because she works one day a week.

And I am no longer practising as a midwife, but I still remain passionate about maternal health and midwifery issues. It never really leaves you.

Anyway, don't want to come across as a clemmie lover, I'm not, I just start to get a bit defensive with regards the midwifery stuff.

Reactions: 6
I would say on Kings' labour ward it is rare to have a really quiet night and is perfectly possible to deliver 2-3 babies a shift, and have to do cannulation/administer iv drugs/suture a perineum/resuscitate a baby/pull the emergency buzzer (and the rest.... 12.5 hours is a long time!) .
Of course, she's not getting as much experience as someone working say 3 shifts a week, but it is pushing it to say she's becoming deskilled. And actually you only have to do 150hrs a year to stay on the register (which equates to about one shift a month). I'm not a fan but I equally don't like people dismissing and doubting a midwife's knowledge and skill base when they don't really have any experience themselves in that field.
Not dismissing and doubting a midwifes knowledge at all. And of course during a shift you could deliver several babies, particularly in the busy hospitals.
I am however suggesting that this woman’s career is as an influencer. She is not trying to further herself as a midwife, it’s no longer her passion like it was in the early days. She works one shift a week as a midwife and 3-5 days as an influencer. I haven’t said she’s ‘deskilled’, however she’s being asked to speak as a midwife and using it to gain fame and attention but it’s as part time as possible. Often she’s away on Mondays on her holidays or events. So it really is minimum monthly hours.
Her books were terrible. Absolutely terrible. I bought the first one as a gift and it was shockingly bad.
And yes I have had experience of the profession and if I was in that area due to give birth I would refuse her as my midwife and ask for another. I don’t think she is doing the profession any favours. But I don’t think that’s her aim so I’m sure she really wouldn’t care what was said on here.
Her post was good though and so was FOD’s last post.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
..... just a shame that this will be a springboard into another sales pitch. All well and good promoting a good cause but preying on peoples' emotions and insecurities to flog more crap, finance a holiday/kitchen really does give it context.

Reactions: 4
Anyway, don't want to come across as a clemmie lover, I'm not, I just start to get a bit defensive with regards the midwifery stuff.
Doesn’t it frustrate you then how she uses
It as and when it suits her and the book is so dreadful, and the fanny admin etc. I really respected her as midwifeyhooper.

Reactions: 1
Doesn’t it frustrate you then how she uses
It as and when it suits her and the book is so dreadful, and the fanny admin etc. I really respected her as midwifeyhooper.
I totally get where you're coming from @GreyWolf, and I do agree she pulls out the midwifery stuff when ever she needs a bit of credibility. I guess I wasn't just defending her per se, more the idea that if you don't practise midwifery full time you're not going to be a very good midwife and can't be a passionate advocate for all things maternal health. That's how I was starting to take some of the comments and I just don't think it's true. And what ever her faults I DO believe she is still passionate in her own way just unfortunately the lure of money and (insta) fame has been too big to turn away from.

I haven't bothered reading the book but can well imagine it's nothing special!

Reactions: 5
Posting a picture of oneself with one’s children in a changing room, talking about one’s genitalia is.... well... an odd thing to do.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Posting a picture of oneself with one’s children in a changing room, talking about one’s genitalia is.... well... an odd thing to do.
And comparing flashing your genitals to the rest of the changing room as “the red light district”

• Sick
Reactions: 3
And comparing flashing your genitals to the rest of the changing room as “the red light district”
Well it was to any ‘passers by’, and I’m not sure that in a row of cubicles for people to change in, there would really have been many passers by or viewers. But I agree the budget red light district was weird but I guess trying to sound cool.

The middle daughter looked very unimpressed.
She looked thoroughly uncomfortable. Can you imagine “Look up girls, say cheese...”

My priority would have been getting the girls dressed and dry, to save them from the cold, but what do I know?

Reactions: 4
Weirdest content ever. Get dressed, your older daughter can dress herself and then sort the twins out. That photo makes me so so uncomfortable the twins don’t look very pleased with it and his older daughter doesn’t either at all - it’s so weird and inappropriate.

Reactions: 7
And yet again, he's walking through a car park on his phone with no awareness of where the twins are! I know the older girls are with them but still!

Popping in to see if the latest ‘hilarious’ changing room post has horrified anyone else? I’m going to report it, I’m sick of him using his children like this and the #peepshow FOR FUCKS SAKE. His oldest looks disgusted with him. What a desperate bellend he is.

Reactions: 8
‘Clemmie’s having a mild anxiety attack because we are redoing the house’
WTAF it’s the weekend, she has worked all week and instead of enjoying her weekend with her kids she’s having an anxiety attack about redoing a room they’ve already decorated (that was nicer before they did it) and the biggest stress is deciciding whether to do it funeral grey or death grey. They have a spare room (with en suite!) to move into, whilst they undertake the stressful renovations (that are not renovations at all just redecorating!)
Have they no clue what life looks like for other people and that they sound ridiculous.

Popping in to see if the latest ‘hilarious’ changing room post has horrified anyone else? I’m going to report it, I’m sick of him using his children like this and the #peepshow FOR FUCKS SAKE. His oldest looks disgusted with him. What a desperate bellend he is.
He should really walk behind them. (But then he couldn’t be gurning in shot) as 3 year olds trip and are shorter than cars. If I was their mother I’d be very annoyed.

Reactions: 9
The post with the girls in the changing room has gone thank god
Nope it's still there

With all the controversy over pedeophiles using time stamps on family YouTube videos, why on earth would you caption a photo of half-dressed children with a Peepshow hashtag?!

No it’s still there - I doubt reporting it would get it taken down either I’ve reported photos with more nudity which are still up. The comments, bloody hell, who are the people who find his photo and writing funny? What a dick honestly.

• Haha
...... they are willing (both of them) to serve their children up as advertising fodder, without control, for anyone and everyone on the Internet and yet they threaten legal action to protect themselves. Why?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.