MOD & FOD #26 Fodcliffe, it’s mee, I’m Clammie, I’ve come home, so cold, let me in you drafty Victorian window!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think if you report the post they can move it into a new thread for us.

It might be easy for me to say this, but no job is worth the price of poor mental health. I went to a very fancy smanchy private girls school in London but I was miserable and suicidally depressed and told to ignore it. That obviously doesn't work. It's only when your out of the bubble do you see how much you've suffered and the difference.

Free management advice.

Just do what you did last time (around 93 weeks ago- according to insta ):sneaky:

#FODsgreateshits part 3

1585219541525.png

"This is clemmie & she's currently having a well deserved insta holiday. This is the woman I fell I love with 12 years ago & who changed my life forever. She is the mother to our 4 children & has dedicated her professional career to caring for others & bringing life into the world. Through building a community on instagram, she's helped scores of women across the globe whether it be through talking about real parenting, mental health, child birth, body positivity or other subjects that she's discussed honestly & openly. she's a published author, got an eye for design, has a mean sense of fashion, a smile that can light up the darkest room & a laugh that it more infectious than the common cold. She's true to herself & spends her days setting an example for our girls by supporting them in being the best version of themselves they can be. She's not perfect by any means, but no human is - she vulnerable, anxious and emotional like all of us, yet meets everything coming at her head on. In short she is my everything. I'm incredibly proud of her & I know a lot of you miss her but she'll be back shortly. "

1585219740470.png

There in the background, but heavily mentioned.

1585220092736.png

@mother_of_daughters is back and I, along with many others, are pleased as punch. For the last several weeks I've been the boy in the back of the class passing on love notes to the girl in the corner while trying to stand in & fill the void Clemmie left by answering questions (poorly, I might add) on midwifery, parenting, fashion & home décor - It gave me an understanding into how much she contributes not only to my familie's life , but also this place we call Instagram & to those people that follow her. It felt strange on here without my wife as we give eachother the strength & support when it's needed while showing perspectives from both sides of parenting team but she needed that break as it's hard to pour from an empty cup, so please go give her a hello if you can. #shesback #modandfodtogetheragain #Fatherofdaughters #dadlife #fod #instadad

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Yeppppp I really hope / pray for a bit of a shake up in society after this. It’s weird but I also hope even in over consumption and our way of living too, but idk if that’s too optimistic. I’m too new to the world to say that with any confidence we need a wise egg to tell us what they think! I might ask my 80 year old neighbour, but she doesn’t give a duck about covid so maybe not.

I’m really struggling with work too because I’ve seen some hideous decisions being made by some really self seeking people. They’re not even greedy cos they’re not getting paid dividends from the business, so they must just be personally deranged. I can’t dox myself so can’t elaborate in detail about what I’ve seen but it makes me so sick I’m finding it difficult to lol at SODs and other things when I feel like... you know when you learn about the Holocaust at school and you wonder why people just complied with orders? Not directly comparing private sector’s response to covid to the Holocaust at all here but that’s the first time most children learn about such a huge & systemic social wrong (understatement of forever) and the question is always raised like well what would you have done / how could it have been stopped / the power of good people speaking up? And then you grow up and realise you’re a X at a company endangering (working class / poor, largely, it always is) people for profit during a time of national crisis and you’re not that different from the people who were complicit in maintaining the systems that allowed for the Holocaust to happen? Eg IBM and their data engineers computed the figures then and here I am in 2020 doing it now? No one else in management at work is from a WC background so I think it’s easy to see them / us rather than, that literally would be my sister / dad / me if I wasn’t simply luckier to date. I’ve spoken up repeatedly but it doesn’t get listened to, I’ve cried daily over it, I’ve rowed with my husband who wants me to quit, I’ve had grown men cry to me over it, I honestly think the work side has given me MH problems. Maybe we need a covid MH thread where we just talk about this stuff cos I think it’s all simmering under the surface in very different ways for us all, sorry to derail SODs...
Who cares about them, are you ok?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Who cares about them, are you ok?
Yes, this! Who cares about the SODs really? Or ‘derailing’ threads? I mean. The whole point of us being on here moaning about the SODs is that they’re selfish, self obsessed cunts. If you’re feeling understandably anxious @heretoreaditall2019 and @SaladDressing is not well, we’d be as bad as the SODs if we all just carried on shouting about #ads and #gifts!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

It might be easy for me to say this, but no job is worth the price of poor mental health. I went to a very fancy smanchy private girls school in London but I was miserable and suicidally depressed and told to ignore it. That obviously doesn't work. It's only when your out of the bubble do you see how much you've suffered and the difference.

Free management advice.

Just do what you did last time (around 93 weeks ago- according to insta ):sneaky:

#FODsgreateshits part 3

View attachment 99911

"This is clemmie & she's currently having a well deserved insta holiday. This is the woman I fell I love with 12 years ago & who changed my life forever. She is the mother to our 4 children & has dedicated her professional career to caring for others & bringing life into the world. Through building a community on instagram, she's helped scores of women across the globe whether it be through talking about real parenting, mental health, child birth, body positivity or other subjects that she's discussed honestly & openly. she's a published author, got an eye for design, has a mean sense of fashion, a smile that can light up the darkest room & a laugh that it more infectious than the common cold. She's true to herself & spends her days setting an example for our girls by supporting them in being the best version of themselves they can be. She's not perfect by any means, but no human is - she vulnerable, anxious and emotional like all of us, yet meets everything coming at her head on. In short she is my everything. I'm incredibly proud of her & I know a lot of you miss her but she'll be back shortly. "

View attachment 99917

View attachment 99926

@mother_of_daughters is back and I, along with many others, are pleased as punch. For the last several weeks I've been the boy in the back of the class passing on love notes to the girl in the corner while trying to stand in & fill the void Clemmie left by answering questions (poorly, I might add) on midwifery, parenting, fashion & home décor - It gave me an understanding into how much she contributes not only to my familie's life , but also this place we call Instagram & to those people that follow her. It felt strange on here without my wife as we give eachother the strength & support when it's needed while showing perspectives from both sides of parenting team but she needed that break as it's hard to pour from an empty cup, so please go give her a hello if you can. #shesback #modandfodtogetheragain #Fatherofdaughters #dadlife #fod #instadad
Lmaooo I love you guys (also CCing @Bizziebody & @PoorPatrol agels) + this post detailing out our Disney villain's past, for a moment when I was scrolling on phone I thought she'd announced coming back today and thought duck me that's a brave move but also we're in chaotic times so makes sense? Maybe she should come back now??

Yeah sorry for the whinge it is ridiculous when you've got NHS workers being put in actual danger & being forced to contract covid don't you, I'm just whinging about working for someone I don't agree with, sorry guys and thank you for checking in. I love this thread and it's lovely and homely which is why I said it I appreciate these are really privileged problems to have. Also I'm crazy and hormonal and crying a lot anyway, in nicer news though found out we're having a little girl on Sunday!!

What are you guys all up to in quarantine?? How are you finding it? How many of you are home schooling?! x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yeppppp I really hope / pray for a bit of a shake up in society after this. It’s weird but I also hope even in over consumption and our way of living too, but idk if that’s too optimistic. I’m too new to the world to say that with any confidence we need a wise egg to tell us what they think! I might ask my 80 year old neighbour, but she doesn’t give a duck about covid so maybe not.

I’m really struggling with work too because I’ve seen some hideous decisions being made by some really self seeking people. They’re not even greedy cos they’re not getting paid dividends from the business, so they must just be personally deranged. I can’t dox myself so can’t elaborate in detail about what I’ve seen but it makes me so sick I’m finding it difficult to lol at SODs and other things when I feel like... you know when you learn about the Holocaust at school and you wonder why people just complied with orders? Not directly comparing private sector’s response to covid to the Holocaust at all here but that’s the first time most children learn about such a huge & systemic social wrong (understatement of forever) and the question is always raised like well what would you have done / how could it have been stopped / the power of good people speaking up? And then you grow up and realise you’re a X at a company endangering (working class / poor, largely, it always is) people for profit during a time of national crisis and you’re not that different from the people who were complicit in maintaining the systems that allowed for the Holocaust to happen? Eg IBM and their data engineers computed the figures then and here I am in 2020 doing it now? No one else in management at work is from a WC background so I think it’s easy to see them / us rather than, that literally would be my sister / dad / me if I wasn’t simply luckier to date. I’ve spoken up repeatedly but it doesn’t get listened to, I’ve cried daily over it, I’ve rowed with my husband who wants me to quit, I’ve had grown men cry to me over it, I honestly think the work side has given me MH problems. Maybe we need a covid MH thread where we just talk about this stuff cos I think it’s all simmering under the surface in very different ways for us all, sorry to derail SODs...
Yes I’m fangirling you (again) but you clearly are SO intelligent. Your mind makes mine go 🤯 X

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Lmaooo I love you guys (also CCing @Bizziebody & @PoorPatrol agels) + this post detailing out our Disney villain's past, for a moment when I was scrolling on phone I thought she'd announced coming back today and thought duck me that's a brave move but also we're in chaotic times so makes sense? Maybe she should come back now??

Yeah sorry for the whinge it is ridiculous when you've got NHS workers being put in actual danger & being forced to contract covid don't you, I'm just whinging about working for someone I don't agree with, sorry guys and thank you for checking in. I love this thread and it's lovely and homely which is why I said it I appreciate these are really privileged problems to have. Also I'm crazy and hormonal and crying a lot anyway, in nicer news though found out we're having a little girl on Sunday!!

What are you guys all up to in quarantine?? How are you finding it? How many of you are home schooling?! x
Aww congrats on your baby girl. 🥳 Have you got a name already chosen?

This is what I was always told by one of my old ex best friends "there's so many other's worse off than you- you have a lot to be grateful for".

This is what my therapist taught me: (I also saw him today on skype) - "pain at the end of the day is still pain. Talking about it is not complaining. You have the right to feel the way you do, just because someone else maybe struggling with X or Y doesn't take away what you're going through."

I'm making a movie list and am going to start going through it.

Day 7 of being a indoor cat for me.

• Heart
I've not got time to read all the posts yet. Got homesick daughter on video calls- she's stuck Oop north with her boyf.....
But I just went through and LOVE emoji'd a bunch of your posts cos I'm such a Hun 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you are all as bleeping ace AF 😍😘😍😘😍😘
Will come back later as also being bored by my boyf 💤😴💤😴💤😴

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@heretoreaditall2019 and any others with Covid anxiety. I was the same at the weekend, feeling very anxious about there being no end date to it all - I also think I should needed lockdown to start as all the fannying around just meant it would go on longer.
My coping strategy is to break it into smaller chunks so it’s less daunting, looking at it as the 3 weeks Boris stated even though I know it’s probably longer. I have colleagues in China who have given positive news about how life is getting back to normal there and lockdown was lifted a couple of days ago so it’s good to know it will end. Hope that helps

Reactions: 8
Aww congrats on your baby girl. 🥳 Have you got a name already chosen?

This is what I was always told by one of my old ex best friends "there's so many other's worse off than you- you have a lot to be grateful for".

This is what my therapist taught me: (I also saw him today on skype) - "pain at the end of the day is still pain. Talking about it is not complaining. You have the right to feel the way you do, just because someone else maybe struggling with X or Y doesn't take away what you're going through."

I'm making a movie list and am going to start going through it.

Day 7 of being a indoor cat for me.
Aww thank you!! & YES but we're referring to her by it now so I'm scared of 'ruining' it ahead of the time? And people say they had to see the baby before they 'knew' the name, how did you guys (with kids) do it??

And omg therapy on Skype sounds amazing, and he's right but you still feel guilty don't you!! I do gratitude lists and I should do them more when feeling like this but it's hard.

Also MOVIE LIST please do share - I watched the Platform the other day, it's really dark/a bit gory (had to look away) and there's definitely implied sexual violence so proceed with caution but it was quite an immersive experience? Like I'm not a film person and was 100% captured by it the whole way through, no tattle checking at all?!

@heretoreaditall2019 and any others with Covid anxiety. I was the same at the weekend, feeling very anxious about there being no end date to it all - I also think I should needed lockdown to start as all the fannying around just meant it would go on longer.
My coping strategy is to break it into smaller chunks so it’s less daunting, looking at it as the 3 weeks Boris stated even though I know it’s probably longer. I have colleagues in China who have given positive news about how life is getting back to normal there and lockdown was lifted a couple of days ago so it’s good to know it will end. Hope that helps
You're right & that's actually what they say in early recovery, one day (or hour / or 15 mins) at a time. Today's news (not that any of us with anxiety should be watching it right now) said how the 12 weeks is a huge ask for anyone to step out of society and how they're considering MH during this period so they are aware of how difficult it is?? Although as she said the reduction in stress from commuting is good, and tbh having the flexibility to do the washing up / clean the kitchen whilst you make ur normal teas in the day is nice. So not all hell !!

Thank you for being here though I'm so glad we have our SOD tattle fam xxxx

Free management advice.

#FODsgreateshits part 3

View attachment 99911

View attachment 99917

View attachment 99926

The outfit in the last photo, ouch.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thought we might have a clapping video from FOD tonight but then that would be recognising and crediting his very own fallen angel 👼- more importantly he’s just realised his posts just lose him followers and his silence means he’s clinging on to that’s 981k for maybe just one more day...also Iran won’t understand 🙄

Well he did try bless him 980k 👏👏👏👏👏 one man clapping

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Congratulations to you, a baby girl, how lovely for your family. We have an expectant mum in our family and she is so stressed too. Please just take care of yourself and do whatever you need to do to stay calm.(I sound like the old granny that I am)😉

• Heart
@heretoreaditall2019
Huge congratulations on knowing you’re going to have a baby girl-how precious🙏🙏
Can’t wait for you to tell us what you’ll name her-Very best wishes to you and your husband xx
Thank you this is really sweet & means a lot!! 😘

Thought we might have a clapping video from FOD tonight but then that would be recognising and crediting his very own fallen angel 👼- more importantly he’s just realised his posts just lose him followers and his silence means he’s clinging on to that’s 981k for maybe just one more day...also Iran won’t understand 🙄

Well he did try bless him 980k 👏👏👏👏👏 one man clapping
I know we shouldn't make light of the situation, but imagine, the entire country is on lock down. We have nothing else to go, in this household we're banning ourselves from slipping into post 9pm family guy as that's just the beginning of the end. All of our screen time must be up at least 100%, and in spite of everything being in his favour, he still can't grow that audience??

Congratulations to you, a baby girl, how lovely for your family. We have an expectant mum in our family and she is so stressed too. Please just take care of yourself and do whatever you need to do to stay calm.(I sound like the old granny that I am)😉
Thank you!! :love: How far along is your expectant mum & is she self isolating? I do feel so bad for this baby she's gonna come out with a generalised anxiety disorder after all of this. She's been super active this evening though and felt a few thuds (assume these are kicks, this is my first baby so god knows!) which is reassuring amongst all the doom! xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you this is really sweet & means a lot!! 😘

I know we shouldn't make light of the situation, but imagine, the entire country is on lock down. We have nothing else to go, in this household we're banning ourselves from slipping into post 9pm family guy as that's just the beginning of the end. All of our screen time must be up at least 100%, and in spite of everything being in his favour, he still can't grow that audience??

Thank you!! :love: How far along is your expectant mum & is she self isolating? I do feel so bad for this baby she's gonna come out with a generalised anxiety disorder after all of this. She's been super active this evening though and felt a few thuds (assume these are kicks, this is my first baby so god knows!) which is reassuring amongst all the doom! xx
Yes she is staying in as much as possible, baby is due early August. First baby for her too.🥰Seems so unfair that such an exciting time of preparing is now such a time of stress and worry. Anyway, you take care of YOU.😘

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.