MOD & FOD #26 Fodcliffe, it’s mee, I’m Clammie, I’ve come home, so cold, let me in you drafty Victorian window!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who’d have known this is the direction the SOD thread would go ey? 😂 We started out dissecting their selling of childhood, Burton jeans and haunted house & now here we are, offering to send menstruation products through the Royal Mail because a virus is ravaging the country. Honestly though please do say - it’s no bother I’ve got a few first class stamps at home and I figure I could lay them out like a letter and just pop it in a post box? Good luck with your period in these trying times though, duck cravings when you’re too scared to nip round the shop for fear of getting struck down by the virus??

Also may be speaking too soon but I had the Ocado count down of doom on my work laptop all day and shockingly managed to secure a slot for tomorrow if anyone else is trying. I’ve heard other people getting slots for other supermarkets if they log on at midnight? We’re still getting the bulk of our food from a meat man & a fruit/veg place so I’m 90% vegetable now. I’m running low on jam & a croissant is a long but distant memory so really excited for them. We also got pizza for Friday night 💅🏻 Bet none of this comes but for now dreaming of junk food 🥰

Also is anyone else now properly socially isolating, not just distancing? I don’t trust ppl are taking this seriously enough and don’t wanna catch their covid down the shops so we’re not leaving for tit apart from my hosp appts. Wondering if it’s good for our mental health tbh :/
Ahhh I will definitely let you know- the curse is imminent and it is also late so it's gonna be a big one 🤣

Yes!! This thread has seriously covered more subject matter than Panorama. We are a bunch of first class observationists, researchers, script writers, authors, reporters, digital photo editors, comedians, journalists.... AND we've worked from home for free for bleeping weeks and through our various tragedies, health issues etc.... We are the frontline. The FODline and FOD bless us all 💛

I craved a banana today, lame AF but being so sick this past week, I've actually lost about a stone in weight 🙄 but my appetite was poor before I went off work.

I've isolated fully since I was last in work so a week tomoz. I have seen groups of ppl walking by today. All of a sudden everyone lives in a huge family 😡

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Ahhh I will definitely let you know- the curse is imminent and it is also late so it's gonna be a big one 🤣

Yes!! This thread has seriously covered more subject matter than Panorama. We are a bunch of first class observationists, researchers, script writers, authors, reporters, digital photo editors, comedians, journalists.... AND we've worked from home for free for bleeping weeks and through our various tragedies, health issues etc.... We are the frontline. The FODline and FOD bless us all 💛

I craved a banana today, lame AF but being so sick this past week, I've actually lost about a stone in weight 🙄 but my appetite was poor before I went off work.

I've isolated fully since I was last in work so a week tomoz. I have seen groups of ppl walking by today. All of a sudden everyone lives in a huge family 😡
Hope you’re feeling better? You need a moon cup. Or a moon cup review. Someone to tell you which one to buy. I miss Clammie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Who’d have known this is the direction the SOD thread would go ey? 😂 We started out dissecting their selling of childhood, Burton jeans and haunted house & now here we are, offering to send menstruation products through the Royal Mail because a virus is ravaging the country. Honestly though please do say - it’s no bother I’ve got a few first class stamps at home and I figure I could lay them out like a letter and just pop it in a post box? Good luck with your period in these trying times though, duck cravings when you’re too scared to nip round the shop for fear of getting struck down by the virus??

Also may be speaking too soon but I had the Ocado count down of doom on my work laptop all day and shockingly managed to secure a slot for tomorrow if anyone else is trying. I’ve heard other people getting slots for other supermarkets if they log on at midnight? We’re still getting the bulk of our food from a meat man & a fruit/veg place so I’m 90% vegetable now. I’m running low on jam & a croissant is a long but distant memory so really excited for them. We also got pizza for Friday night 💅🏻 Bet none of this comes but for now dreaming of junk food 🥰

Also is anyone else now properly socially isolating, not just distancing? I don’t trust ppl are taking this seriously enough and don’t wanna catch their covid down the shops so we’re not leaving for tit apart from my hosp appts. Wondering if it’s good for our mental health tbh :/
I haven't left my teeny studio flat for 6 days. The last few days were wobbly but today was good.

There's a brand called Time of the month that produce 100% biodegradable pads that they post to you.

I actually ordered some for my sister. They do also sell tampons.

I do have a referral code which will get you 25% off your order.

XDDD

Thank you for all the love and laughs. I'm giggling like a loon.

:love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh lovely! Some insta twit giving away some (probably slightly used) tit that she didn't pay for, didn't need and most probably didn't want to someone working there arse off in the real world. 🙄 They probably don't want your #gifted tat anyway love. Heaven forbid these idiots put their hands in their own pockets and do something actually charitable! These knobs infuriate me!

14. Them prancing around to a tik tok video "to keep up moral/lighten the mood/keep positive"
Sick to death of that tiktoc tit, I thought it was for young teens🤳

• Haha

"A big one" hahaha oh you poor thing, hopefully it'll concentrate itself into day 1. Although if you've been unwell maybe your body has been delaying it to help you through this rough patch :( Do you think you've had covid? The loss of appetite is one of the symptoms too isn't it, apparently diarrhoea too. I thought of you when I went for my scan because one of the nurses there had it, had recovered & was now back at work... It's disgusting the lack of testing & support for HCPs.

Don't re: people, all a bunch of cunts, this is why I'm wholly isolating. There's a bloke who runs a building firm who lives in the close opposite my house, he had all the young lads that work for him out on the green having beers?! Groups of teenagers hanging about too - the thing is if they want to infect & potentially kill their own families that's fine w me, they've clearly thought this through and the pros of fingering each other down the local park outweigh the cons of ur 80 year old nana dying in strict isolation (with no ventilator) then her poor corpse flung into the new mega morgue they're building down the excel centre - but we're the mugs that'll be stood next to them in the bleeping corner shop and contract it!

Sorry should probably direct this to the covid thread but that places scares me, would like to sleep again.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
"A big one" hahaha oh you poor thing, hopefully it'll concentrate itself into day 1. Although if you've been unwell maybe your body has been delaying it to help you through this rough patch :( Do you think you've had covid? The loss of appetite is one of the symptoms too isn't it, apparently diarrhoea too. I thought of you when I went for my scan because one of the nurses there had it, had recovered & was now back at work... It's disgusting the lack of testing & support for HCPs.

Don't re: people, all a bunch of cunts, this is why I'm wholly isolating. There's a bloke who runs a building firm who lives in the close opposite my house, he had all the young lads that work for him out on the green having beers?! Groups of teenagers hanging about too - the thing is if they want to infect & potentially kill their own families that's fine w me, they've clearly thought this through and the pros of fingering each other down the local park outweigh the cons of ur 80 year old nana dying in strict isolation (with no ventilator) then her poor corpse flung into the new mega morgue they're building down the excel centre - but we're the mugs that'll be stood next to them in the bleeping corner shop and contract it!

Sorry should probably direct this to the covid thread but that places scares me, would like to sleep again.
If the truth be told, I was cheating on you guys with that thread. I stayed away for one day (today) and honestly do feel much better.

Reactions: 4
@rainbowlemon stay away bless you, ever since I heard these graphic stories in the news (won't repeat) I've actually had quite bad anxiety about it. Today it's been the news about the Excel centre, my driving test route was round there so I'd do it twice a week (for months and months, it took loadsa goes to pass thanks to the A13 loool) and it's a huge bleeping stretch of road/actually massive, now it's a huge old holding room & morgue. It's terrifying, it all pops into my head several times a day and I'm aware I can't process just how huge a risk it is, but do any of us need to... Sorry this sounds so bleak but maybe we all need to pause on the news for the next few weeks cos none of this can be good for our MH.

• Sad
Simon - if you’re not too busy piddling over Joe Wicks please would you do some good and start a campaign to encourage your followers to donate sanitary products to Foodbanks.

Call it the FODbank - you’re welcome...

Fanks in advance.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
No mention of his NHS wife, or even a thanks etc...telling?? Or protecting the Hunz (like the boyband used to do back in the day when they had to pretend they didn't have girlfriends 😂)

Attachments

I wonder whether there was no Mother's Day post because Clemmie just wanted to enjoy the day without a backlash of comments on his post about her. I'm not convinced he didn't do it because he didn't want to.

Reactions: 9
@rainbowlemon stay away bless you, ever since I heard these graphic stories in the news (won't repeat) I've actually had quite bad anxiety about it. Today it's been the news about the Excel centre, my driving test route was round there so I'd do it twice a week (for months and months, it took loadsa goes to pass thanks to the A13 loool) and it's a huge bleeping stretch of road/actually massive, now it's a huge old holding room & morgue. It's terrifying, it all pops into my head several times a day and I'm aware I can't process just how huge a risk it is, but do any of us need to... Sorry this sounds so bleak but maybe we all need to pause on the news for the next few weeks cos none of this can be good for our MH.
When I was a child I had OCD so am familiar with the intrusive thoughts and how tough they can be to handle.

You need to do what's best for you and If staying away from reading the news altogether and all the live updates helps there's no shame in that.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't think he'll do anything to be honest. Brand OD has always been about themselves.

I doubt he’d do anything unpaid. I do quite like the idea of him starting the ‘Band Aid’ of Instagram though. It might help his career and give him some positive headlines. Alas, we are doomed to instructional videos on hand washing and his guidance to stay indoors.

Reactions: 3

Ahhh thanks for the thoughts 😘 funnily enough when I had surgery last year it 'put things off' by a few weeks so possibly! At first I thought I had it then I didn't but then I did again - I think the paracetamol helps A LOT so I've stopped trying to ration it now and still feel fairly shite :( but my 7 days are up on Saturday and I'm due in Sun. Do not get me started on the diabolical way the private sector is dealing with this - they're no better than FOD when it comes to making money. They even advertised on twitter today for staff that may be short of money due to covid isolation! Swipe up here for a job 😡
And seriously I've just seen 3 little teenage hood rats go down the street with Big Mumma trailing behind 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Just saw Tetyana Writes wrote "rest bite" in her caption & remembered it was a thing here - hey tetyana!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ahhh thanks for the thoughts 😘 funnily enough when I had surgery last year it 'put things off' by a few weeks so possibly! At first I thought I had it then I didn't but then I did again - I think the paracetamol helps A LOT so I've stopped trying to ration it now and still feel fairly shite :( but my 7 days are up on Saturday and I'm due in Sun. Do not get me started on the diabolical way the private sector is dealing with this - they're no better than FOD when it comes to making money. They even advertised on twitter today for staff that may be short of money due to covid isolation! Swipe up here for a job 😡
And seriously I've just seen 3 little teenage hood rats go down the street with Big Mumma trailing behind 🤷🏻‍♀️
Must be a world wide 'thing', have never seen so many halfwits need to walk, jog, drag kids around as in the last few days, ffs STAY HOME, be grateful just to be breathing.😷. This is not a holiday, it's life or death for some poor sods. I just want to go punch them in the chops and knock sense into them.🤒😡 Hope you are feeling better soon Salad Dressing.😉

Reactions: 9
This was £12.80 before. xD

1585214521100.png

I also don't mind sending you sanitary products if you need them and I could get my younger sister to post you some paracetamol.

Just saw Tetyana Writes wrote "rest bite" in her caption & remembered it was a thing here - hey tetyana!
This is a mumsnet classic: chester Drawers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeppppp I really hope / pray for a bit of a shake up in society after this. It’s weird but I also hope even in over consumption and our way of living too, but idk if that’s too optimistic. I’m too new to the world to say that with any confidence we need a wise egg to tell us what they think! I might ask my 80 year old neighbour, but she doesn’t give a duck about covid so maybe not.

I’m really struggling with work too because I’ve seen some hideous decisions being made by some really self seeking people. They’re not even greedy cos they’re not getting paid dividends from the business, so they must just be personally deranged. I can’t dox myself so can’t elaborate in detail about what I’ve seen but it makes me so sick I’m finding it difficult to lol at SODs and other things when I feel like... you know when you learn about the Holocaust at school and you wonder why people just complied with orders? Not directly comparing private sector’s response to covid to the Holocaust at all here but that’s the first time most children learn about such a huge & systemic social wrong (understatement of forever) and the question is always raised like well what would you have done / how could it have been stopped / the power of good people speaking up? And then you grow up and realise you’re a X at a company endangering (working class / poor, largely, it always is) people for profit during a time of national crisis and you’re not that different from the people who were complicit in maintaining the systems that allowed for the Holocaust to happen? Eg IBM and their data engineers computed the figures then and here I am in 2020 doing it now? No one else in management at work is from a WC background so I think it’s easy to see them / us rather than, that literally would be my sister / dad / me if I wasn’t simply luckier to date. I’ve spoken up repeatedly but it doesn’t get listened to, I’ve cried daily over it, I’ve rowed with my husband who wants me to quit, I’ve had grown men cry to me over it, I honestly think the work side has given me MH problems. Maybe we need a covid MH thread where we just talk about this stuff cos I think it’s all simmering under the surface in very different ways for us all, sorry to derail SODs...

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.