MOD & FOD #26 Fodcliffe, it’s mee, I’m Clammie, I’ve come home, so cold, let me in you drafty Victorian window!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yay she replied and my comment it got 30 likes! Yes...I am Katie Stobbart and yes that's my real name, and yes I am happy to share it because whatever I say on this forum I would say anywhere...because I'm NOT a troll, I'm NOT abusive and actually if my posts appeared in a google search to a future employer do you know what I think they'd reflect who I am anyway- clever, articulate, wickedly funny and really really modest 😆🙋‍♀️

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Heyyyy.....I knew Connie would be one of us!
Bravo 👏🏻
I created her especially 😁

I think his agents must have ditched him and he’s gone rogue. There’s no way they would have advised a corona joke as a comeback. He’s lost all control and isn’t going to stop. He’s just thought ‘duck it’ and is going to self sabotage until there’s no Huns left.

Thanks for the much needed belly laughs by the way!
Hahaha LOLing@rogue. Feral now, so he is. More feral than free range for sure!
Also LOLing at wanting to toss some salad emoji around 🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗🥗

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think his agents must have ditched him and he’s gone rogue. There’s no way they would have advised a corona joke as a comeback. He’s lost all control and isn’t going to stop. He’s just thought ‘duck it’ and is going to self sabotage until there’s no Huns left.

Thanks for the much needed belly laughs by the way!
I wonder if they gave him suggestions and he decided his crappy idea was better. He obviously knows what his demographic wants, followers dropping and all 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I love this. Lost member of inbetweeners 🤣🤣🤣 i have met so many FODs who are exactly all of this, men-children who despite reasonably good educations are dim AF with absolutely nothing interesting or insightful or funny to say and like, no social nous at all. FOD is the epitome of a man who has grown up totally coddled his whole life, I bet his mum still claps for his every achievement.
YES to nothing interesting about them!! This is exactly it! At work you can really tell when someone's spent too much time in the cushions of family because they spend a lot of time going into inane detail of stories that aren't funny, cos their parents clearly never told them that? Whereas your peers shut you down and put you in place, or tbh even bleeping call you out when you're being a socially obtuse head. Their circle must be SO small, even smaller now they've been abandoned by their sponcon pals.

Funnily I've been thinking about the realities of raising a MC child a lot recently and every time I see one of the hype beast teens outside a Supreme drop I just pray my child doesn't end up a dullard brat who won't move for anyone because he's too busy stunting for the gram on the filthy streets of Soho. This is the most savage I'll ever get, but imagine sending your kids to a school that cost that much and they can't even pay the fees for their own kids? Like what did you spend your time learning and privileging and ~networking from then??? I must be missing piece of the puzzle but if I paid £20k a year or whatever it is in Bristol for my kid to attend and they needed help with the house deposit I'd ask what they learnt in school cos mate you use all o that and figure it out, I had to live in a Grenfell cladded death trap next door to a heroin user's squat (and they'd come and tit down the wall!! like bum against wall and everything exploded downwards, awful) in *redacted shithole borough* for 4 years to save this one hun ! x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Here’s the winner
FODCLIFF??? Reveal thyself!

I find it hilarious that they think they have this special kind of cachet... HA.... whatever! And even more hilarious that MOD was actively contributing to the very threads they wanted shut down 🤣 but I agree with you: how the fuckety was she actually exposed? @Yel are you willing to share your thoughts if you haven’t already?
I have always wondered if Slymon knew all along....

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Omg he just compared himself being an idiot about loo roll to that lovely uplifting viral video of Italians singing on the balconies.

I have no words at this point. He’s beyond full of himself, I don’t even know what he actually is.

ETA: “I can’t be all things to all people.” WHO ASKED YOU TO BE?!

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Which makes me think, they BOTH knew about Alice and were trying to cover her tracks before she was outed 🤔
Sorry @Titfer I missed this comment but yes I wonder the same.

Ahhhh here we are! Knew he’d come back. I missed all the posting last night after all that waiting as I was feeling too I’ll to even pick up the phone.
It’s so unbelievably inappropriate to joke about the toilet roll situation and show empty shelves like that. It’ll make more people panic and it just all worse! I’m currently suffering with (suspected) corona virus and my family is self isolating for 14 days. We’re ok at the minute but can’t get any online shopping slots and if the people we rely on end up in isolation too- it’s a worry! Plus with SSP for my husband and no pay for me next month is going to be near on impossible. And I’m not even hospitalised or in an at risk category. Yet he’s joking about toilet roll dealers. Boils my piss.
Really sorry to read this @CakeQueen
I agree it’s thoughtless as always. He’s just an over privileged wanker. Hasn’t got a clue.

I was so tempted to comment (or at least toss some salad emoji's around) but the thought of getting blocked during these difficult times was too much. I need FoD in my life at the moment.

The post was ridiculous. Dated, infantile and try hard. He'll do a post on looking after each other next, mark my words. Why oh why did he come back? It would have been so easy for him to just slip off the radar but no. There's something very wrong with him. To make a lame joke about toilet paper when people's lives have been affected catastrophically is so bleeping public school tory boy that I don't know where to start.

I hope everyone is ok.

I also think Fod is becoming like a cringey niche export. Remember when David Hasselhoff was a national embarrassment in the USA but a god in Germany? Samantha Fox, has been page 3 girl in the uK, top pop star in the Ukraine. Fod will be famous in Iran and will eventually have to go and do ads there.
I love the idea of FOD doing ads in Iran. Did anyone watch Phonejacker? I imagine the ads could be just like that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I just watched his stories. He really is a desperately unfunny wanker, isn’t he? ‘Oh, it’s soooooo funny right, when you see people with no socks on, right, let’s all assume, yeah, that they’ve tit themselves. lol!’
What a donk.
As for suggesting people use baby wipes to wipe instead - yeah we know he’s ‘joking’ for the good of mankind but some huns are stupid enough to think, we’ll if FOD’s doing it, I will.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yay she replied and my comment it got 30 likes! Yes...I am Katie Stobbart and yes that's my real name, and yes I am happy to share it because whatever I say on this forum I would say anywhere...because I'm NOT a troll, I'm NOT abusive and actually if my posts appeared in a google search to a future employer do you know what I think they'd reflect who I am anyway- clever, articulate, wickedly funny and really really modest 😆🙋‍♀️
Love your trucks 😜

Reactions: 5
I wonder if they gave him suggestions and he decided his crappy idea was better. He obviously knows what his demographic wants, followers dropping and all 🤷🏻‍♀️
This is really interesting tbh - I don't know how it works that side, but I worked at a record label during Yewtree, we had a *entire catalogues* of (profitable!) artist repertoire they had to write off because they were ponces. We also had a few modern day rape "allegations"/court cases (I don't like the word allegations but I guess that's what some of them were as not every rapist gets charged do they) brought against artists who were in a release cycle, so you've got all of those costs building up for something you can't release. Or with Yewtree, you have to destroy stock (CDs/vinyl/merch), cancel promo/events/tours/whatever, and write off all projected revs from that artist project because it's all been taken off for digital download or streaming. In less scandalous situations the same applies on smaller scales - some artists refuse to turn up to stuff, some leak their work or someone who got a sample leaked it for them, some don't want to monetise their YouTube channel cos they think it's tacky, want their tit off Spotify (what an era that was), don't want to put another album out under their contract, can't get into the US cos they got caught with some weed at 15, their daughter's sick and they're not leaving their house to do anything for the label, etc, etc. That industry's biz model understand + absorbs loss cos something like 9/10 new signings/development acts will never even break even, you just need 1 superstar to keep the lights on and wages paid for the decade.

But there's not that same talent development/A&R stuff with influencers at all cos you're only 'signed' when you're already a huge profit generating being with X hun thou or mil followers, so there's never been a model where they outlay significant costs with the assumption you'll recoup. There is no gambling on success, it's quite formulaic? I imagine like any agency they'd have had someone cost what was needed to even *hope* to recover the situation, how much is X hours from PR, creative & copy writers, strategists, analysts, etc to fix this mess? Woulda been tens of thousands of pounds a week, and for how many weeks? What's the probability of them getting back on track? How reliant are they on this one individual client? What did they bill last year & what have we forecast for this year? All of these questions have clearly come back and they've determined it's a no from them, so yeah I imagine they have been very much abandoned. I imagine their account manager would have kept happy smiley cos they wouldn't want to cut the cord in case they did reverse their fates, but even she'll know she can't bill more than X hours per month against their job code cos it's not paying the bills.

They should have hired their OWN PR to sort this mess out, tbh. They could have done it through the company's purse so it's insane to me that they didn't, they could have even asked the agency to co-pay and pitched it like look we're in the tit, this is our plan, we need support and we'll up your fee to x% if you help us so you'll recoup too. They're clearly bleeping morons though and even though Clem seemed to see herself as press (referencing thread 5 btw - she kept going on about being an 'editorial content creator' when using the pressdiscount hashtag, she really believed the hype didn't she) they've never actually worked in digital/creative industries so don't understand enough about how it all works to navigate it effectively. Sorry this has been an essay but that brings us to why Simon's still creating this tit content too, they're bleeping clueless at anything other than getting sent some freebies by bleeping idiot marketing managers from SMBs (like that tile business their marketing manager is probably just the boss' bleeping neice, who is just a rich girl with an instagram account and no idea about conversion or ROI).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
YES to nothing interesting about them!! This is exactly it! At work you can really tell when someone's spent too much time in the cushions of family because they spend a lot of time going into inane detail of stories that aren't funny, cos their parents clearly never told them that? Whereas your peers shut you down and put you in place, or tbh even bleeping call you out when you're being a socially obtuse head. Their circle must be SO small, even smaller now they've been abandoned by their sponcon pals.

Funnily I've been thinking about the realities of raising a MC child a lot recently and every time I see one of the hype beast teens outside a Supreme drop I just pray my child doesn't end up a dullard brat who won't move for anyone because he's too busy stunting for the gram on the filthy streets of Soho. This is the most savage I'll ever get, but imagine sending your kids to a school that cost that much and they can't even pay the fees for their own kids? Like what did you spend your time learning and privileging and ~networking from then??? I must be missing piece of the puzzle but if I paid £20k a year or whatever it is in Bristol for my kid to attend and they needed help with the house deposit I'd ask what they learnt in school cos mate you use all o that and figure it out, I had to live in a Grenfell cladded death trap next door to a heroin user's squat (and they'd come and tit down the wall!! like bum against wall and everything exploded downwards, awful) in *redacted shithole borough* for 4 years to save this one hun ! x
I bet FOD has been dining out on stories from his gap year ever since he took it. Giant, spoilt babied dullard. He just seems to have no dimension to him at all, we can take the piss out of the stereotype but FOD would tick all the boxes and probably be quite pleased with himself about it. I hate the middle classes for their mediocrity and feel your concerns about raising a MC child as I’m in the same boat; I grew up proudly working class and I’m truly grateful for that (even though I wasn’t at the time.) Nothing was handed to us on a plate, we had everything we needed and some of what we wanted and my siblings and I all worked really hard off our own backs to make successful careers on our wildly different chosen paths. My husband has a similar background and also worked hard to be where he is now and thanks to that we have incredible privileges and I am totally aware of that, although we really do try to live very modestly. I cringe whenever anyone asks what my husband does and just tell them his place of work rather than his role, I know for some that might seem like a nice problem to have and I really do take nothing for granted but it’s conflicting when you bring a child into the equation and your own background was nothing like the one you’re sort of facilitating for them - if that makes sense? Like I want her exposed to real life, not a John Lewis sponsored version of it. Many of the mums at our groups are incredibly MC or MC wannabes (even worse) and the conversations are just 🥱🙄🤤 they’re just SO boring, having a baby is the ultimate competitive tool for the twatty MC mum!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I love this. Lost member of inbetweeners 🤣🤣🤣 i have met so many FODs who are exactly all of this, men-children who despite reasonably good educations are dim AF with absolutely nothing interesting or insightful or funny to say and like, no social nous at all. FOD is the epitome of a man who has grown up totally coddled his whole life, I bet his mum still claps for his every achievement.
Oh I bet she does too. I looked her up and on her bio she describes herself as 'Mother of Father_Of_Daughters'

I bet that pissed his bro right off. Imagine that being shoved in your face 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Oh I bet she does too. I looked her up and on her bio she describes herself as 'Mother of Father_Of_Daughters'

I bet that pissed his bro right off. Imagine that being shoved in your face 🤣
Well you just know FOD has always been the golden child, hence why he’s such a massive muppet now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Get well soon, love. So sorry you are going through this. Is there anyone local who can pick up some food and drop it off on your doorstep?
thank you ☺ At the moment we’ve got lots of people offering so I’m sure we’ll be ok. Thank you! X

Reactions: 3
Well you just know FOD has always been the golden child, hence why he’s such a massive muppet now!
Hah Muppet 🤣 love that word. Oh I wish we could make an online TV show or something with puppets representing the blue tick army. Like spitting image style puppets. We'd create bleeping brilliant scripts!
I can imagine it now.....
Fodcliffe... Clammie in the attic after being under the decking, Budget Clem with her Muffer of All Lisps, Multitool furiously foaming at the mouth waiting for fod posts, dribbling/fainting Huns wearing "Fodidoff" the new fragrance.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Hah Muppet 🤣 love that word. Oh I wish we could make an online TV show or something with puppets representing the blue tick army. Like spitting image style puppets. We'd create bleeping brilliant scripts!
I can imagine it now.....
Fodcliffe... Clammie in the attic after being under the decking, Budget Clem with her Muffer of All Lisps, Multitool furiously foaming at the mouth waiting for fod posts, dribbling/fainting Huns wearing "Fodidoff" the new fragrance.
You’re a comedy genius!!! 🙌

Scouserachel on twitter saying he got 5 figures /£25k for his IWD AXA ad... Whoa.
Now we know what FODs family is worth to him...

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.