MOD & FOD #16 Slymon is being penetrated in the ears, whilst Gimmie is hiding from her peers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd like to humbly take credit for naming them Gimmie & Slymon <sits back and awaits freebies and podcast invites>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
It looks like FoD has turned off comments for the hobknob post...

Actually never mind, I can see them again.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is gone beyond parody now. So Clemmie is being blamed for all non-white maternal deaths now, wtf?!
Agree. There are several reasons why black mothers have a higher mortality rate, such as higher preponderance to pre-eclampsia and lower take up of pre-natal care, so to imply it's down to negligence by (presumably white) midwives seems quite a stretch. All my children were (safely) delivered by black midwives, fwiw.

Reactions: 35
This is gone beyond parody now. So Clemmie is being blamed for all non-white maternal deaths now, wtf?!
Mumsnet is either full of trolls, or people determined to blame one woman because of her race. Or both. MNHQ would ban you if you said that 🤡 🤡 🤡

Reactions: 15
Must also be full of very uneducated people if one comment from MOD about an ‘associate’ has led to her being linked to/blamed for death in child birth - utterly ridiculous!

Reactions: 11
you can tell in that pic that he's posted of the kids, that twin 1 is definitely not supporting twin 2 hanging from the shelf. he's clearly said "pretend to hold her up" because her hands are only lightly touching the other :unsure::unsure:

Reactions: 12
Anybody that thinks that pic is real needs a lobotomy. He just happens to walk in and get his camera out as they reach the pivotal point of the unwrapped biscuits in the middle of the well organised shelf being at grasping point and they don't even react

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Agree. There are several reasons why black mothers have a higher mortality rate, such as higher preponderance to pre-eclampsia and lower take up of pre-natal care, so to imply it's down to negligence by (presumably white) midwives seems quite a stretch. All my children were (safely) delivered by black midwives, fwiw.
The research that highlights black women are 5 times more likely to die in childbirth, makes this assertion after for controlling for confounding factors such as the above health complications. Given this, structural and implicit racism are a contributing factor to black maternal deaths. Therefore midwifes ( not just white ones) and the healthcare systems around black women are sadly a part of this issue.

Reactions: 13
Exactly this I’m concerned Clemmie is suddenly the poster child of causing maternal black deaths , there’s loads of health reasons black women have higher incident of maternal morbidity and mortality and neglect is way down that list .

Reactions: 22
I think neglect may come into it, it's a really really complicated issue to unpick and we certainly won't be the ones to do it! But unconscious bias and institutional racism are significant factors, when you control for physiological reasons. It's a horribly uncomfortable truth, that our NHS may be racist, but we mustn't shy away from that.

Having said that, Clemmie as an individual does not have the weight of that on her shoulders alone! It's ridiculous where this is going now!

Reactions: 26
London is very multi cultural. There are a lot of black, ethic minority and EU midwives. I experienced care from all different races during my 4 pregnancies. Mostly received good standard care. And the times I experienced rudeness (post birth) I put down to overstretched and tired staff. Whatever the reasons are, Clemmie is being made into a scapegoat. It's really quite ridiculous.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.