MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to say something that slightly defends influencers. Whilst I disagree with the likes of MOD and the ridiculous amount of freebies when already in a privileged position, there 1 or 2 of the fashion ones (40plusnotgivingupyet) that have helped me. Since having a baby I have so little time to go to the shops so being able to watch them to try ons and give opinions on stuff had helped me find my way with fashion again, they don’t do it in a grabby grifting way though so I’d soon unfollow if they did!
You can make a Rave thread for people you like.

Reactions: 11
You can make a Rave thread for people you like.
Still newish to Tattle....presuming that’s where you can say nice things about people? I’ll have a look. I’ve only let myself follow the modfod thread as I lose too much time on here as it is.

Me again. Just chatting to a friend at work about tattle and the Modfod drama as she’d seen it in the press. Her close friend runs a business (won’t say what in as don’t want to out her) but said when MOD was doing a certain bit of the ‘reno’ she called her up and said “I’m doing this....what can you send me? I’ll tag you in stories”
MOD obvs didn’t say it in stories like that but said she’d been gifted and mentioned the company name. Just so grabby!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Ordinary folk think they are being gifted for being so wonderful but it's all instabegging.

Rude. I would never have the balls to ring up companies and beg for stuff.

Reactions: 27
Ordinary folk think they are being gifted for being so wonderful but it's all instabegging.

Rude. I would never have the balls to ring up companies and beg for stuff.
I struggle to barter at a car boot sale, I’d be useless as an instabeggar

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Me again. Just chatting to a friend at work about tattle and the Modfod drama as she’d seen it in the press. Her close friend runs a business (won’t say what in as don’t want to out her) but said when MOD was doing a certain bit of the ‘reno’ she called her up and said “I’m doing this....what can you send me? I’ll tag you in stories”
MOD obvs didn’t say it in stories like that but said she’d been gifted and mentioned the company name. Just so grabby!
Really? God, I was so naiive about Instamums. I never pictured them just ringing companies up and being so blasé about wanting a freebie. The cheek of it, when MOD could well afford whatever she liked — and didn't even need to be doing a reno on that lovely house anyway. What did your friend say?!

Reactions: 24
Still newish to Tattle....presuming that’s where you can say nice things about people? I’ll have a look. I’ve only let myself follow the modfod thread as I lose too much time on here as it is.

Did your friend get any business from giving MoD this tagged item?

Reactions: 10
I can't help but think FoD knew about the whole thing but they have agreed for her to take the fall as he has the bigger following and 'more to lose'. The way she states in her apology 'I decided without telling anyone else that I would make an anonymous account' - Just a very strange way to word it, like she was determined to get across that he wasn't involved.

Reactions: 24
I can't help but think FoD knew about the whole thing but they have agreed for her to take the fall as he has the bigger following and 'more to lose'. The way she states in her apology 'I decided without telling anyone else that I would make an anonymous account' - Just a very strange way to word it, like she was determined to get across that he wasn't involved.
Her self pride and social climbing ambitions would never ever have agreed to that. She had far more to lose in those stakes. He doesn’t care. But that value to her is higher than anything else and the public shame and her pride will probably hurt more than hurting her friends. She’s a narcissist. There’s simply no way.
She gets the 55k holidays and Reno stuff, he’s not interested. Her hand has been forced. She would not take the rap for him.

I’d never ring up a small business and beg. (Or any company for that matter). I suppose the small business is desperate to be seen though. Small business wants exposure but is almost railroaded/forced (IMO) into gifting so that it gets shared on Instagram to many thousands. They’re the ones trying to succeed but have to take the hit with a product. Meanwhile the influencer never need buy much.

Did your friend get any business from giving MoD this tagged item?
Yes! She was building up her business on Instagram so she did agree to send MOD stuff and I remember seeing the mention in stories (I remember thinking she’d decided to send stuff to build up the business...it was a while later I learnt that MOD had actually rang her!) she also sent stuff to some other home restoration type accounts and has had a significant upturn in orders since sending stuff out to insta accounts.

I’d never ring up a small business and beg. (Or any company for that matter). I suppose the small business is desperate to be seen though. Small business wants exposure but is almost railroaded/forced (IMO) into gifting so that it gets shared on Instagram to many thousands. They’re the ones trying to succeed but have to take the hit with a product. Meanwhile the influencer never need buy much.
I suppose that if you have hundreds of thousands of followers and many companies have already contacted you to offer you free items, then it’s a piece of cake for you to call the other companies whose products you desire. No sweat.

She’s unfollowed hundreds since last night
Yep she has! I am hoping she comes back from all this just to annoy the others who believe they’re any better than her. They’re hoping she doesn’t, so I’m hoping she does.

Reactions: 12
Yes, I've noticed she's unfollowed Susie Verrill, understandable after SV's Stories and her comments to the press! But she's also unfollowed Style Me Sunday, which I'm shocked about, as SMS still follows her and as far as I can tell, hasn't said anything about this whole drama. Way too much time on my hands on mat leave! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Same. Baby feeding and I can’t move from the sofa so I am getting up to speed. I can sort of understand why Susie unfollowed but then I wonder whether she did so off the back of what the huns were posting or she knew more.

Reactions: 5
Getting bored now waiting for her to say something, need to get on with my life! Lol!

• Haha
Follower and Following count for MOd. The first one was 4.30 yesterday; the second just now.

DD6416EF-8F37-46E9-985C-CFA9453BF663.jpeg
ECC98EE4-4E5E-48B8-9292-911639B85965.jpeg

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.