MOD & FOD #14 Who cares that my wife is going through hell; when there’s hair bands to lose and children to sell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just thought of this one for next thread.

Sellers of Daughters didn’t do what they oughta - they now in propah/proppa /proper deep watah/water

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
How does that work though? If a channel features a toddler say and the content is about meals toddlers eat, potty training etc. Then that content isn't for children its for adults or parents anyway it just features a child. What category does it fall into ?
I didn't get that either, I took it to mean you just had to declare if it was for children, so they can vet it as suitable for children?

Reactions: 8
I’ve just spent far too long watching UGGs highlights (after someone showed her quote on the previous thread) and I LOVE her, she’s very funny. Please tell me she’s not like all the others?! (Hi by the way 👋🏼 Serial lurker, only followed the ODs out of morbid curiosity and had no clue who all these other instahuns were until following all this drama!)

Reactions: 16
I don't think that YouTube rule applies to the issue of using your children in videos, rather who your audience is. There definitely needs to be a distinction, and guidelines for influenzas who exploit their children incessantly for content. Though as others have pointed out before, it should really be covered by children's work laws??? If your child is making you money, surely they should be protected by those laws AND remunerated. Aside from the freebies and sponny holidays how much do you think is left Iver for the kids....?

Reactions: 6
How does that work though? If a channel features a toddler say and the content is about meals toddlers eat, potty training etc. Then that content isn't for children its for adults or parents anyway it just features a child. What category does it fall into ?
I think what the vlogger is saying is that if this is one change aimed at protecting children online then the next change she hopes to happen is that these mummy vloggers can’t use their children in their vlogs until the children are old enough to consent to it?
I think the point the vlogger is making is that this is one step in protecting children and hopefully the next one will be to stop vloggers using their children online without their consent and that the law will change to protect them from this over exposure when they are too young to consent to it?

Reactions: 4
I’ve just spent far too long watching UGGs highlights (after someone showed her quote on the previous thread) and I LOVE her, she’s very funny. Please tell me she’s not like all the others?! (Hi by the way 👋🏼 Serial lurker, only followed the ODs out of morbid curiosity and had no clue who all these other instahuns were until following all this drama!)
UGG is one of the good ones 👍🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I didn't get that either, I took it to mean you just had to declare if it was for children, so they can vet it as suitable for children?
If you declare you are making videos for children then there will be no comments or Ad revenue available. There’s a YouTube video about it which explains it in more detail.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Saw this on a vloggers account today. A vlogger who doesn’t show her kids in her content. Hopefully it will put a stop to all those vloggers that expose their children.
That’ll screw BrummyMummy a bit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh I was too late for my thread submission!

‘Who cares that my wife is going through hell; when there’s hair bands to lose and children to sell’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 134

‘Who cares that my wife is going through hell; when there’s hair bands to lose and children to sell’
I wanted to reply to a comment on one of my comments. But it got locked. The frustration is real!! Haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I wish we still had the following tab on Instagram. We could be seeing if they’re still active that way.. haha

Reactions: 7
I'm up for a bet! My vote is on a more somber post, he's definitely been lurking here for normal human reactions rather than the bots commenting on his last one! Perhaps a non family post. Work life balance? FOD, please do cite me as your #inspo if you use my idea!

• Haha
Reactions: 20

That’s a good one too!
Just seen Clemmie T’s stories, going on about purpose and why she started her ‘lists’ on Instagram- anything for engagement eh!
I’ve also realised all the instamums have a sort of cover for their blagging, with CT it’s the lists, MOD was gasandair, all the mamas who sell over priced merch... but really, if they were only on Instagram to showcase these things they wouldn’t need to be selling pics of their kids online too would they?
But they all know that’s what’s needed for engagement - cute kids = ads.
Hope this makes sense, I’ve typed as I’ve thought so probably a bit incoherent! I’m also annoyed as it’s reminded me of all the bullshit “I’m doing these ads for you (the followers)” type posts 🙄

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.