MOD & FOD #13 My wife has jeopardised our brand, but where oh where did I put that hair band?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad there is somewhere to comment about this car crash!

I didnā€™t follow MOD or FOD before this whole scandal, and I hardly actively engage with insta but this is my thoughts....

Firstly, I donā€™t think it would be fair for me to comment on the possible racism - I am white so not in a position to say whether it offends me or not.

BUT I do feel pretty p*d off that all the predominantly white middle class instahuns that have since turned their back on MOD are now sharing stats about black women giving birth...give it a break. Donā€™t suddenly start pretending to give a sh*t now.

I also feel they are all pretty much scrambling all over eachother for as much ā€˜airā€™ or likes as possible. There is so much bum licking going on that I physically canā€™t take myself to the comments section.

One instahun described what had happened as ā€˜horrificā€™

Sorry - maybe MOD did break trust, let down some of her friends, she was 2 faced.

But horrific? The use of chemical weapons on children is horrific. Watching your child die is horrific. Being at war is horrific.

To describe tattle / Instagram / friendship issues as that - W A K E - U P !!!

Motivation wise - I think it could easily be something that has been planned out to benefit the careers of many instahuns incl MOD and FOD. People love a witch- look at Katie Hopkins. Letā€™s be open minded.

I think most likely though, she messed up. She had a couple of glasses of wine and came on here and got addicted. Sheā€™s upset people she cares about in real life - she needs to sort that out first and foremost before making a public apology. But sheā€™s not killed anyone. Letā€™s have some perspective.

Am I worried for Clemmie? No not really.

She clearly has a lot of money, brands, support, family etc behind her. I think she will be doing fine. Just waiting for the storm to pass. If she needs support, sheā€™s Iā€™m sure being provided it. Sheā€™s not gonna be sat around on an NHS therapy waiting list letā€™s be real.

People I do worry about are kisscub and thenursemum - people having to fight tooth and nail for their children, day in, day out. The real heroes of insta are those girls.
I agree with so much of this. Parroting stats about black women like they have ever thought about it before and the over reactions. I saw a picture yesterday in the news of a small girl in a refugee camp begging to be rescued which just wonā€™t leave me. Instahunsā€™ whinging is appalling.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Another newbie to this thread - Iā€™m usually found over at Hinch Towers but fell down the MOD/FOD rabbit hole yesterday and have just surfaced.

Still digesting it all - not really impressed with all the insta mums climbing aboard the bandwagon.

An observation though - the Clemmie who was on that god awful game show was openly deceitful and manipulative for her own ends. Quite often these ā€œfamousā€ people have applied and been on all sorts of naff shows etc before they get their ā€œfameā€. It seems to (very casual bystander - no investment at all
In their brand) that she will do anything to get her name out and rake in the cash.

Not sure how this will play out now with the racism comments being banded about - big brands I would imagine will be wary of being associated with them.

They might come out winners as like I say, o hadnā€™t followed before and resign through these threads, Iā€™m not the only new one drawn to them to see how this plays out.
Hello fellow newbie to this thread! I am usually to be found over in the PTWM thread and found this thread via that one. Be warned, its fascinating!

Reactions: 9
Finally caught up with everything, inc all the fool around episodes, OMG she is fame hungry, came across just awful, I couldn't actually believe what I was watching. It does make you think, this stuff stays with you forever! I hope her kids never watch the footage.

Reactions: 3
That post is totally full of bots. Bots liking and bots commenting. Which I thought was banned by IG? It's obvious when people do it - I had a friends teen son give it a go, cost him pittance, but for a month he got a minimum of 3-400 likes and 30 comments (he only had 90 odd followers to begin with, so played it small) in fact when I called him out on him, he said his friend signed him up for it as it was cheap!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Are the bots real people who allow a computer algorithm to comment on their behalf for payment? Or are the actual accounts the comments come from fake too?

And 'boosted his post in the US', what does this mean?

Reactions: 3
Are the bots real people who allow a computer algorithm to comment on their behalf for payment? Or are the actual accounts the comments come from fake too?

You can pay to promote Instagram posts and I assume pick a location to do it in to boost your engagement. It looks like theyā€™ve done that here because of the amount of US seeming comments.

Iā€™m not sure about bots etc.

Reactions: 7

Bots are software programmes made to look like real people. Boosting a profile means you pay a company to amplify your presence.

• Wow
Reactions: 8

By boosting a post you are paying to promote it so it gets more engagement. You can choose which countries and demographics you want it targeted to. They have obviously chosen the US as it's a much safer bet for them than the UK where the negative press has been much more prolific.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Iā€™m new here and only came to see what MOD had commented on. I met both of them at Bestival this summer. I loved MOD because Iā€™d just had a baby and found FOD so funny and lighthearted. What I will say is sheā€™s a twit. Very self involved far too important to talk to me properly. DLAM was there too and again just the same. Both far too important. However FOD was so lovely, interested in talking and asked about my baby who was with me and the eldest kids were there and so lovely too- he seem very genuinely shocked at how his profile had taken off and how his life path of media had run. Iā€™m quite good at seeing BS but honestly he seemed genuine. Unlike her. She canā€™t hide it and was not at all humbled. The eldest kids were very used to the people coming up to them and seemed to enjoy the exposure it had got them. They also had a thousand nannies looking after the kids so I felt very fobbed with their post on how to survive a festival and they didnā€™t ever mention theyā€™d have nannies.

People like this always come out on top so give it a few months and all will be forgotten and sheā€™ll be back to normal and all will be ok.

• Wow
Reactions: 65
Btw as said before their management must be tit as I doubt gleam would have let this get as far as it has if it were to happen to mrs hinch. Her damage limitation is very good for someone who is just learning as she goes.
Agreed that things never seem to get this far with Gleam talent

Reactions: 8
these people just can't have a normal life - they crave attention. It always makes me laugh when they fail to post for a day then come back and say 'sorry for the radio silence' as if we care. Oh, and when something happens in the world that has NOTHING to do with them they make a statement as if they're the prime minister and people are keen to hear what they think about it. I wonder what they did before social media and reality TV? just caused loads of drama in their local area maybe??

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Iā€™m new here and only came to see what MOD had commented on. I met both of them at Bestival this summer. I loved MOD because Iā€™d just had a baby and found FOD so funny and lighthearted. What I will say is sheā€™s a twit. Very self involved far too important to talk to me properly. DLAM was there too and again just the same. Both far too important. However FOD was so lovely, interested in talking and asked about my baby who was with me and the eldest kids were there and so lovely too- he seem very genuinely shocked at how his profile had taken off and how his life path of media had run. Iā€™m quite good at seeing BS but honestly he seemed genuine. Unlike her. She canā€™t hide it and was not at all humbled. The eldest kids were very used to the people coming up to them and seemed to enjoy the exposure it had got them. They also had a thousand nannies looking after the kids so I felt very fobbed with their post on how to survive a festival and they didnā€™t ever mention theyā€™d have nannies.

People like this always come out on top so give it a few months and all will be forgotten and sheā€™ll be back to normal and all will be ok.
Maybe fod wanted to speak to you as he loves the celebrity attention and thinks he's being charitable chatting to plebs?

Not that I'm calling you a pleb, it's just the way some people with an ego see it!

If I was mod I'd be having serious thoughts about getting in before the January rush of divorces cloggs up the system.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm sick of the masses making out like Clemmie is the next Hitler so I tried to put in my two pennies worth on Twitter but it's bleeping horrendous on there, so many snowflakes - and I keep getting called a bot because I only have 4 followers. I just don't use Twitter! I've felt bad for Clemmie from day one, she's only done what the rest of us are doing and it's not like she was slagging her friends off, none of them are really friends. I can't dislike someone for doing what I do most days (use Tattle) and anyone who's saying they've never talked about one of their colleagues, friends etc. behind their back is a bleeping liar. We've probably all said something that wasn't racist at all but someone out there who's heard it has taken it that way too, it's just life nowadays. I had a look on the Candice Brathwaite thread earlier (as I'd not even heard of her before this) and even from the very first post about her I thought she seemed like a massive bleep who's quick to bring her colour up and YES, use it as a weapon - it's a shame that Clemmie had such a large following in the first place and this wouldn't be as big as it is now, the world truly has gone mad and I think I might just buy her book on payday LOL

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
and I think I might just buy her book on payday LOL
You should buy the mother of daughters jewellery. That's where she needs the most help ;)

Just be careful, lots have said it snaps off and falls down the drain so you can't return it šŸ¤£ it's the quality of knock off Elizabeth Duke šŸ’

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.