MOD & FOD #12 When I throw my wife under the bus, I always use National Express #ad #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It has become huge, bigger than I would ever have imagined, but can't help but think that it's because the vast majority of people, including the press, have a real issue with influencers. It's very shady and manipulative advertising by influencers and sheer greed for most of them. Clemmie is taking the rage people feel about all influencers. It's basically just like what happens to people on Big Brother or The X Factor. We like genuine people, but the minute they start being greedy and over exposed, there's a massive backlash. Clemmie's copping it for everyone and that might seem OTT, but that's how this sort of thing works. We've all seen this a million times.

Reactions: 36
You don’t have to scroll through - just type ‘Aliceinwanderlust’ in the search bar and every comment she made will come up

But yes she said ‘FOD is a class A twit

Reactions: 5
They are all self-serving, greedy hypocrites. And the comments from people saying this has blown up out of all proportion, she only wrote a few bitchy comments, are missing the point. This is bigger than MOD, she was just the catalyst for hundreds of people's frustration at this particularly crappy aspect of SM and how these awful people have managed to build these wonderful lives. And embarrassment that some of us (me) fell for it and enabled them. And even now know we should unfollow the lot of them but still can't (me again). I'm no psychologist but this must be so interesting on that level. It's Truman show-esque. So worrying for the younger generation who have grown up with Instagram as their preferred platform too. Unless they're wiser than us! Sorry to go slightly off topic but MOD has opened Pandora's box and it's just fascinating!!! Ps- so many instamums must be commenting here!
The younger generation IS wiser than us. At least, looking at the teenagers I know. I have two myself, 18 and 14, and they damn wel make sure they leave nothing online for prosperity: Snapchat is what counts, not Insta. My eldest has even deleted his Insta over a year ago and there was never anything personal on there to begin with.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You don’t have to scroll through - just type ‘Aliceinwanderlust’ in the search bar and every comment she made will come up

But yes she said ‘FOD is a class A twit
& it wasnt just the Alice username that everyone can see x

Reactions: 2
Would hate to think of myself as a troll. Had to Google it to double check. Im wary about the personal comments on Tattle though (even when sometimes they're so right and so hilarious) and actually I'm not bothered about them using their children on their posts, as that's their choice and lifestyle, their mistakes to make, my choice to continue following them. What does bother me is when they share posts or stories and don't declare ALL of them with the proper tags eg #ad #gifted #90%pressdiscount and that's what I originally came to Tattle to rant about. I wouldn't even care if they showed a post of £4k gifted banana, so long as they declared it properly.

Screenshot_20191110-132522.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Bet her family are on here though. *waves*
Does anyone remember that MOD posted about her brother relatively recently. About them going to Pride together and about how he’s gay. MODs brother was tagged in the post and he had an open Instagram account. As far as I can tell MODs post about her brother has now been removed? Wonder why

• Wow
Reactions: 6
It has become huge, bigger than I would ever have imagined, but can't help but think that it's because the vast majority of people, including the press, have a real issue with influencers. It's very shady and manipulative advertising by influencers and sheer greed for most of them. Clemmie is taking the rage people feel about all influencers. It's basically just like what happens to people on Big Brother or The X Factor. We like genuine people, but the minute they start being greedy and over exposed, there's a massive backlash. Clemmie's copping it for everyone and that might seem OTT, but that's how this sort of thing works. We've all seen this a million times.
yes. what she didn't wasn't great but not at all in proportion with the backlash and there's a definite scapegoat factor on top

Reactions: 8
Many of these nobheads ‘we all make mistakes’ On insta are completely missing the point. She was in here for well over a year, but she was also on Mumsnet before here and probably Gomi. This isn’t just a ‘one off comment’ I think she’s royally fucked it, it’s everywhere! Every single press outlet, all over social media. Imagine Simon turning up to work tomorrow (to his real job) you’d be bleeping mortified. He is quite high up so people will know about his insta and his wife, he can’t brush that under the carpet. It’s gone absolute crazy because of the amount of followers, they are famous; whether we like it or not. Over 1.5 million followers between them is HUGE.

Reactions: 13
This whole 1.5m between them follower stat is flawed “. 676k (675,674,673k...) will almost certainly follow both, FOD has the rest as an extra over.

I wish one publication would print the real issues raised on tattle. Like Simon hooper lying in interviews that he'd never film in the children's bedrooms, film tantrums or anything embarrassing when he's done all three countless times!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Someone has had their Instagram deleted for calling out MODs racism on here. The discussion regarding white privilege on Twitter is intense. This thing has blown up massively and it’s all MODs own doing.

• Wow
What I still cannot fathom is why on earth she put that weird apology on her stories?
For those of us who've been on this thread a while, the fact she set up an account on here is old news so why now? 🤷‍♀️

Also I hate this photo it's so full of ego 👇

Attachments

Reactions: 10
That game show. OMG. I kind of hate myself for watching it. But it is GOLD.

I know everyone changes from when they’re 18 but she comes across as such an arrogant witch. She had a kid a few years after this 🤦‍♀️

I keep thinking I should be doing something better than reading these threads. But what could be better? 😂

I can’t believe what’s happened in the last few days. Those of us who have been expressing our doubts about the ODs for a while and predicting it wouldn’t end well could NEVER have predicted this shower of shite.

She’s an attractive woman who has led a very privileged life. Her whole life.

And then she on landed on her feet being in the right place at the right time with blogging/ Instagram. Being given crazy amounts of money, free holidays, gifts.

And v importantly the adulation and praise and fame.

Apart from the money aspect the fame will be v hard to walk away from (for both of them.)

Instagram will have become a huge part of their identities and self worth.

She couldn’t walk away before when it all kicked off and she took a break. Going back to being a mum and midwife? We all know she doesn’t really enjoy those things!

Why did she self sabotage like that? Did she want a way out? Or was she so arrogant she thought she wouldn’t get caught?

Fascinating

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The younger generation IS wiser than us. At least, looking at the teenagers I know. I have two myself, 18 and 14, and they damn wel make sure they leave nothing online for prosperity: Snapchat is what counts, not Insta. My eldest has even deleted his Insta over a year ago and there was never anything personal on there to begin with.
Thanks. So this makes it worse for MOD's kids then. THEY can't leave no trace ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I just had to comment to say that last week Jacob Rees Mogg, a leading politician stated that Grenfell Victims lacked common sense which ultimately led to their demise and that it was not the fault of the emergency services or the government! This is classist, racist and just every shade of wrong. Was brushed under the carpet pretty quickly! A few days ago a greedy midwife has made a debatably racist comment (I personally don’t think it is) and is being torn to shreds with some people starting a campaign to get her struck off as a midwife. She is an A* dick, as is her husband - but the world has gone bleeping mad that there are pages and pages of threads on this whilst real issues are ignored!

• Heart
Reactions: 103
Talking of real issues, what I want to know, is when is FOD going to don his vulva suit and dance around like a....
(Think someone already suggested this) But come on FOD you know you want to!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I just seen a tweet from vix meldrum who was tweeting about this and she said someone has had their platform taken away for speaking about this.. who she talking about?

I just seen a tweet from vix meldrum who was tweeting about this and she said someone has had their platform taken away for speaking about this.. who she talking about?

Reactions: 1
I just had to comment to say that last week Jacob Rees Mogg, a leading politician stated that Grenfell Victims lacked common sense which ultimately led to their demise and that it was not the fault of the emergency services or the government! This is classist, racist and just every shade of wrong. Was brushed under the carpet pretty quickly! A few days ago a greedy midwife has made a debatably racist comment (I personally don’t think it is) and is being torn to shreds with some people starting a campaign to get her struck off as a midwife. She is an A* dick, as is her husband - but the world has gone bleeping mad that there are pages and pages of threads on this whilst real issues are ignored!
Jacob Rees Mogg has behaved very badly countless times recently. I think people have reached the 'not him again' stage. This MOD thing is novel.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Whomever blessed us with the knowledge of Saint Clemmie’s first foray into reality stardom..... thank-you, just, thank-you. I would’ve thought this type of thing would’ve been below her and the middle-class vision she had for herself 🤔

That was one of the trashiest tv shows i’ve ever invested into, but it was worth it - just brilliant. Really hope her daughters never see it though - no child needs to see their mum behaving in that way 😳😳

She really showed her true colours, it has to be said. A right witch, loose morals, money grabbing.... she hasn’t changed/grown up much has she?!

I was actually feeling a bit sorry for her, and still believe the backlash over her being a witch behind her friends’ backs is overkill (not condoning her racist remarks one bit), but this shows she’s always been a blatant witch, and so what she’s done recently shouldn’t be all that shocking to those who’ve known/know her now.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.