MOD & FOD #10 Wonder if Gousto do a recipe for humble pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s not going down too well with some Grazia readers on Insta that they’ve run the article. Unless something else happens, I reckon the press attention has reached its height and Insta will no longer be discussing it by tomorrow. Though FOD can’t hide forever - that will generate interest when he puts in his first Insta appearance. He’s better getting it out of the way with imo and doing it today.
We all make mistakes? Indeed. I’ve left the car unlocked at times. I’ve gone out without putting the washing machine on. I’ve forgotten my purse at times. They are mistakes.
Creating a fake profile to try and make oneself seem more likeable is not a mistake. Creating a profile and slagging off ones mates is not a mistake. That’s bat tit crazy.

Reactions: 26
She's hosting an event this weekend about how to fail, oh dear. This article has dated badly 🥴

Stylist Live LUXE: Clemmie Hooper to share all on how to fail
POSTED BY HOLLIE RICHARDSON FOR LIFE

Podcaster, writer and midwife Clemmie Hooper will be joining us on our Stylist Live LUXE stage this year to talk about how to fail. These are just five of the reasons we love her.

If you haven’t heard about our event Stylist Live LUXE (8-10 November 2019), where have you been? Stylist is busy preparing the LUXE update of our hugely popular annual event, with an incredible lineup of guest speakers. Vicky McClure, Elizabeth Day and Jess Phillips are just a few of the fantastic women who will be taking to the stage across the three days.

Clemmie Hooper will also be speaking about how to fail, and we couldn’t be happier. She is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to pregnancy and childbirth (among many other things). Here are our five reasons why we love her so…

1. CLEMMIE KNOWS HER STUFF

Clemmie has established herself as a midwife for the NHS, a successful writer, a podcaster and an influencer with a following of 670K (@mother_of_daughters) on Instagram. There aren’t many strings left to add to her bow.

2. CLEMMIE IS TAKING SOCIAL MEDIA BY STORM WITH HER WISE WORDS

There is no doubt Clemmie is a parenting expert – not only with her midwifery training, but also her own personal experiences of bringing up four girls with her husband, Simon. She shares everything she knows in a very accessible and relatable way on her social media channels, which helps out her followers who are in need of some life advice.

3. CLEMMIE IS A BRILLIANT WRITER

In her book How To Grow A Baby And Push it Out, Clemmie quickly makes you feel at ease as she takes you through various stages of pregnancy. It’s informative, candid, honest, kind and empowering to women. (It’s a great read even if you aren’t pregnant!)

4. CLEMMIE IS A PODCASTING HERO

Her new podcast Birth Stories lets us hear different perspectives and learn about different experiences surrounding childbirth. Have a listen to it if you’re looking for an honest and hilarious perspective on pregnancy paired with great medical experience. Clemmie, what would we do without you?

Listen to Birth Stories here.

5. CLEMMIE KEEPS IT 100% REAL

She doesn’t hold back when exposing the highs and lows of pregnancy or calling BS on things pregnant women should feel ashamed or embarrassed about. Be sure to listen to topics surrounding saggy skin, weight gain, postnatal depression, weakened pelvic floor and stretch marks. Her confidence in saying the truth, and cutting through the crap, is why we love her!

Get £10 off your Stylist Live LUXE ticket using code LUXECLEMMIE at checkout. Find out more about the event here.

She’s not anymore

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Luisa’s story is a good one. She makes a very good point at the end saying don’t put your whole family out there on the internet if you can’t take the fact that people will comment about you. She said she could take it as she’s not bothered about people opinions, but keeps her family private because she doesn’t see why her husband and kids should take it too.
Very good point, the thing is Luisa is interesting without the kids or husband being on social media... FOD & MOD where would they be without the kids ? They’d have nothing to talk about x

Reactions: 13
Real question, just reading comments on Clemmies last post - the word bully / bullying is used again and again. IMO it’s bitching and backstabbing not bullying ...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Twitter folk are saying
:we all make mistakes,
;woman should stick together,
;You would do the same if it was you

& More .

But seriously you wouldn't do this to people you consider friends, play the victim while being a 'troll'.

Reactions: 3
We all make mistakes? Indeed. I’ve left the car unlocked at times. I’ve gone out without putting the washing machine on. I’ve forgotten my purse at times. They are mistakes.
Creating a fake profile to try and make oneself seem more likeable is not a mistake. Creating a profile and slagging off ones mates is not a mistake. That’s bat tit crazy.
Exactly! It wasn't a mistake. It was a deliberate act, over many months and it only stopped because she was banned. She has been hoping it'll go away and that Tattle would be silenced before anyone found out what she'd been up to.

Reactions: 10
Real question, just reading comments on Clemmies last post - the word bully / bullying is used again and again. IMO it’s bitching and backstabbing not bullying ...
I’d agree it isn’t bullying - except MOD kept bringing MP up repeatedly from her earliest to last posts, so that has more of a feeling of sustained bullying.

Reactions: 3
All the Instagram/influencer stuff aside. This woman is an NHS midwife. Her podcast with Candice highlighted care of women of colour within our Health service and the huge difference in overall care and outcomes between women of colour and white women. Clemmie has now publicly admitted making comments about Candice on here. She did not just say she didn’t like her, she said very clearly how she felt about her and I can’t see how this cannot be taken very seriously by the NMC. How can she be trusted to care for and empower women?
I get that people want her to be left alone but this is the biggest duck up of her life, and her apology has not really addressed it properly. She has not made comments in ignorance, she has made these comments by choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
A mistake?
No.

she created MORE THAN ONE fake profile on tattle and was posting on here for months. She was making a considered and deliberate decision to log on and post on here. It wasn’t just a one off, knee jerk reaction.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’d agree it isn’t bullying - except MOD kept bringing MP up repeatedly from her earliest to last posts, so that has more of a feeling of sustained bullying.
She also calls what’s said here is bullying publicly numerous times, so by her own admission she in her view was actively choosing to bully. Based on her relationships with these people it is.

A mistake?
No.

she created MORE THAN ONE fake profile on tattle and was posting on here for months. She was making a considered and deliberate decision to log on and post on here. It wasn’t just a one off, knee jerk reaction.
Wasn’t she hashtagmom as well?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can't lie I have watched the implosion with interest and amusement.

But I am deeply saddened that the press aren't picking up the issues that tattle raise on a daily basis;

Child protection issues, horrendous over consumption, pressure on women to keep up and have it all, the PTWM charity pot, The Ingham dads behaviour, the undisclosed ads, the undisclosed swipe ups and cookies.
The complete lack of professional accountability and guidelines to adhere to.

I am also saddened that the insta mums live such vacuous lifes that they don't mention anything beyond #ads unless prompted to do so by a band wagon they can jump on.

There are huge education cuts happening, schools are closing for an afternoon across the country because they can't afford to stay open.
Women aren't being paid equally. (Google Samira Ahmed)
There is a large exodus of women MPs from parliament because they receive such horrendous abuse, a huge amount more than men.

But don't worry about social issues just be a good girl and buy this bag on this swipe up... It galls me that this is the current influnence on women, its bigger than some bathroom tiles, it's back to a 1950's way of being the little woman indoors who keeps the house and herself looking good!!

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Not sure what it would take for the Instaflock to see her for what she truly is. The comments are all about enjoying her content and not wanting that to change...

Reactions: 1
Luisa’s story is a good one. She makes a very good point at the end saying don’t put your whole family out there on the internet if you can’t take the fact that people will comment about you. She said she could take it as she’s not bothered about people opinions, but keeps her family private because she doesn’t see why her husband and kids should take it too.
Can’t like this enough.

Reactions: 4
Not sure what it would take for the Instaflock to see her for what she truly is. The comments are all about enjoying her content and not wanting that to change...
This is because of the MLM element. They all want to like it because of they just get enough followers they could have her lifestyle too... 'Look at me supporting you... Please like and share my page!'

But we all know how much space there is at the top of any pyramid scheme!!!

Reactions: 9
Trust Zissman. I thought last night this’ll be on Loose Lips. 2m listeners is it? Ouch.

Reactions: 11

But I am deeply saddened that the press aren't picking up the issues that tattle raise on a daily basis;

Child protection issues, horrendous over consumption, pressure on women to keep up and have it all, the PTWM charity pot, The Ingham dads behaviour, the undisclosed ads, the undisclosed swipe ups and cookies.

I am also saddened that the insta mums live such vacuous lifes that they don't mention anything beyond #ads unless prompted to do so by a band wagon they can jump on.

There are huge education cuts happening, schools are closing for an afternoon across the country because they can't afford to stay open.
There is a large exodus of women MPs from parliament because they receive such horrendous abuse, a huge amount more than men.

But don't worry about social issues just be a good girl and buy this bag on this swipe up... It galls me that this is the current influnence on women, its bigger than some bathroom tiles, it's back to a 1950's way of being the little woman indoors who keeps the house and herself looking good!!
There are women who genuinely like doing this. I went and got a degree and a good job. Now I am at home, and I LOVE my life. For me, I feel privledged I dont have to work while.my husband works. I wish women would stop bashing other women who LIKE being a housewife.

Reactions: 15
This will blow over, her following will take a small hit and the large brands who are chasing the dollar will give zero fucks and her life will see little to no impact from the fall out.

Now THAT is the biggest travesty here. The bullies and the liars and the floggers will just keep on getting gifted as the big brands simply don’t care about the drama.

The smaller brands I hope will withdraw and apply their morals to their partnerships.

Had she not blocked me over all of the MN stuff when I called her out on it and got harassed by her minions, I would be doing exactly the same again now. She was as shady as duck then, and she still is now.

Reactions: 6

Again, 'visiting' journalists and other people now sneaking around here with a preconceived notion Tattle is about 'trolling': please take note of this and all of the REAL concerns that are discussed here.

Reactions: 11

It would be good if Martin Lewis of Money Saving Expert could pick up on the swipe up/affiliate problems for his site and TV appearances. He could explain about how they leave cookies etc and that the person posting the swipe up benefits financially.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.