MOD & FOD #10 Wonder if Gousto do a recipe for humble pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Thanks though I meant had it been deleted from Insta - will have another look shortly. I wonder what the unkind thing she said to her face was?!
Ah sorry I'm too used to defending tattle when people say a post was deleted šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How long a break can she take from midwifery duties without losing her licence. I think a break social media and hospital might be wise right now.
She can't be in a good head space right now.
If I was her I be thinking about the future.
Taking stock if their business contracts, finances/ social media and careers and planning a out back to normal life.
Do you think some mum's might refuse her as thier midwife?
You can not practice as a midwife for ages, and just maintain your registration. My friend has had a massive hiatus, but sorts out the registration about once a year, if I remember rightly. MOD needs to bolt herself in the zen room and evaluate life.

Reactions: 2
CB also flogs her kids at any opportunity for cash. She would also sell them down the river if the price was right. But regardless of that what MOD said about her is racist and bang out of order!
I am not sure ā€œsell them down the riverā€ is the expression you want to use...especially on this post!

Reactions: 9
You can not practice as a midwife for ages, and just maintain your registration. My friend has had a massive hiatus, but sorts out the registration about once a year, if I remember rightly. MOD needs to bolt herself in the zen room and evaluate life.

Exactly, you need 450 hours over 3 years to revalidate. That works out as 37 12 hour shifts over 3 years. Plus being on sick counts towards it.

I imagine she's gone off sick with stress, there's no way I'd be going into work for a few weeks after all this!

Reactions: 5
One of my favourite Alice quotes - see, Iā€™m just like you normal folk - can just imagine her writing this whilst in her gifted home reclining after her latest gifted trip šŸ™„šŸ™„
What an absolute bleeping dick

Reactions: 8
One of my favourite Alice quotes - see, Iā€™m just like you normal folk - can just imagine her writing this whilst in her gifted home reclining after her latest gifted trip šŸ™„šŸ™„
she has got to be feeling pretty terrible right now.... might need to up the days at Kings Clemmie - if they still want you, I certainly wouldnā€™t want her as my midwife - the fanny admin put me off her but this is the final nail! So sad, this comment especially said to me that she knew along she was lucky to get these things, despite protesting that it was ā€˜workā€™ and she was doing a service for us mere mortals!

Reactions: 7
One other thing I hope
Comes from
This is that the main stream press pick up on the lists of gifted items , freebies and press discounts that have been put together by tattlers for MOD & Others to show one place just how much of a false , freebie tit show the whole influencer game is. Hey journos if your looking i am sure someone can flag them for you .

• Heart
Reactions: 13
One other thing I hope
Comes from
This is that the main stream press pick up on the lists of gifted items , freebies and press discounts that have been put together by tattlers for MOD & Others to show one place just how much of a false , freebie tit show the whole influencer game is. Hey journos if your looking i am sure someone can flag them for you .
So far I think itā€™s been picked up by Grazia, Cosmo and the Daily Mirror. I hope it shines a light on the overall issue of influencers, exploitation of children, transparency of ads etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I am not sure ā€œsell them down the riverā€ is the expression you want to use...especially on this post!
Sell them for cash! All these insta mums are the same. If the price is right they will flog their childrenā€™s privacy for money. Whichever way you wanna phrase it.

Reactions: 6
So far I think itā€™s been picked up by Grazia, Cosmo and the Daily Mirror. I hope it shines a light on the overall issue of influencers, exploitation of children, transparency of ads etc.
And the Mail. Further articles would be welcome esp re the child exploitation. All the research is here for the journos.

Iā€™m a few pages late but I found Susie Vā€™s post interesting.

She could have said all of that privately, she said it publicly to get attention. Which is what they are all doing.

I wonā€™t be specific but I know with absolute certainty that Susie talks tit about other Instamums behind their backs.

I bet loads of them are on here under pseudonyms. I look forward to some of the ones being sanctimonious being exposed too.

(Am not a huge MOD fan or defending her at all but am a bit over all the others being high and mighty).

Reactions: 22
Yep, and that's the real issue behind all this. Social Media Influencer is a totally unregulated career, most of the ASA guidelines are unenforceable and have no real power which has bred a degree of smugness on the Gram.

Itā€™s been printed in the sun & mail too. All the same publications that printed stories on Mrs Meldrum, the S-Js, Hinch and the Inghams & nothing changed after that - it was all forgotten about by the media after 24hrs. I guess the key difference time is that the Instahun community is in a frenzy and creating drama on Insta about it and comments arenā€™t being deleted within seconds.

Reactions: 13
Itā€™s an absolute tit show. And clearly no amount of fame and money actually bought her life any value or happiness. It also kind of explains FODs regular outpourings of adoration, despite her never really doing the same. Reading back through the comments I canā€™t help but feel that his competitiveness with her destroyed this. She had 65k followers as midwifeyhooper. She was well liked and respected. He joined and quickly overtook her, they became brand OD, but she often stated she was unhappy about things he posted and Iā€™d say she wanted to stop, knew her daughters were over exposed (hence trying to reduce them on her feed) but that was futile with his account. Hence the what is he without the kids comments. So she either loved the fame and money too much to stand by her morals which therefore gave her no actual joy, or he was such a dominant FOD force she had no choice but to carry on and blindly try to believe this would never impact on them.
Very sad for those girls.
It must have been a very uncomfortable relationship if she didn't want to keep endlessly using the kids for content but he kept on doing it anyway and then ended up with twice as many followers than her because of it. You can sense in the comments she left on his posts (I didn't follow either of them as found posts boring but had a look yesterday) that there was tension

It increasingly infuriates me. They are a bunch of women who are blatantly money grabbing and utterly self obsessed. They use their children's images and upbringing as 'content for the 'gram' with no regard for their safety, privacy or development. Imagine a day in their lives, every single experience would be filmed or photographed with them filming their 'stories' looking like complete twerps in the street. They are awful hypocrites calling out trolls when we just raise these valid points and lying about ads. I really hope this all implodes and we end up being 'influenced' by people who do some good in society and not these vacuous creatures.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The part thatā€™s absolutely shocked me is the stuff about CB. She writes those things about her on here and then has her come onto the birth stories podcast to talk about her traumatic birth, losing her dad and the role race played in her medical care! The cheek of it all! She sat and played doting midwife to CB and asked her what the midwifery community could do to improve care for BAME women all the while having come on here and slagged her off for using race as a weapon!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.