MOD & FOD #10 Wonder if Gousto do a recipe for humble pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all- it’s late here but a few people earlier asked for my opinion so I wanted to dip in and say that despite how angry and annoyed everyone is on here (and thrilled that the mask has been taken off) nothing reeks of any nastiness or bullshit regarding this situation in your comments, and I completely get what a lot of you are saying and why you feel like this. When people believe in their own hype and power it’s only a matter of time that the walls crumble and they have to survey the real world around them. They only realise it after the fact and that’s the shame of it all. There’s no foresight.

I think the apology was, to quote Susie, piss poor at best. It was generic and took no accountability and this will most likely be spun into a ‘thing’ where she Might use mental health woes as an excuse for her behaviour. Which makes a mockery of the situation and also of people who actually have REAL mental health problems.

I think it’s upsetting what she’s done to the people who trusted her, and a lot of them were regular, decent people who (despite the fact that this is ‘only’ social media and v trivial) trusted her. These are real feelings. I never named her because when we spoke privately, Bethie asked me not to at first so I respected her wishes. As far as I was concerned the only person I gave a sh*t about was my friend. That’s it. I only did what she asked me to do and that was to speak out after she began her IG stories so that she could have back up when the rest of the group stayed silent.

I only casually engaged with that group at events— I was never part of a gang, as I said, so I never tracked how they declared stuff when it came to ads. I only got involved a few times in the past when I was asked to be backup when there was nasty behaviour. Why? Who knows. Probably because I’m a loudmouth and I don’t give a tit about a clique and what ‘group’ I should belong to.

Anyway. I’m probably talking too much again. I just came on here to say that we all make bad decisions and we all need to be reminded that we’re human and imperfect but this was a heavier level of calculated behaviour and it’s really sad for everyone involved. I personally think they should try and live a life off social media for a while and figure out who they are because they were probably decent people before they became ‘Instafamous’ (I hate that word)

ok *now* I’m done. Thanks for the chat.
Do you not think she's getting enough grief from everyone included and now the press without people who aren't even involved stirring the tit up too?

Not sticking up for her but feels like proportions have been blown a bit and everyone is crawling out to stick the knife in. Theres clearly been resentment towards her for a while judging by reactions. You are all meant to be adult women and going on like 12 year olds. Everyone setting their followers on her by going on and on. It's starting to feel like a scramble to knock her down to become the next queen bee.

I'm pretty sure by now she's in deep regret as her livelihood has been based around social media. I don't necessarily feel sorry for her but I feel sorry for her kids who can read or view Instagram. Yes she shouldn't have done it but at least she did have the balls to admit it. Dragging it out all over Instagram will only affect her children in the long run.

Reactions: 17
I'm pretty sure by now she's in deep regret as her livelihood has been based around social media. I don't necessarily feel sorry for her but I feel sorry for her kids who can read or view Instagram. Yes she shouldn't have done it but at least she did have the balls to admit it. Dragging it out all over Instagram will only affect her children in the long run.
I haven't commented on this saga at all - but @JessicaFletcher, why is it our responsibility to safeguard Clemmie's children? Surely, Clemmie and Simon should have thought about this before exchanging their daughters' privacy for Gousto meals and pink tiles? Why did Clemmie not take into account how trolling other Instamums might affect her family?

• Heart
Reactions: 49
It’s an absolute tit show. And clearly no amount of fame and money actually bought her life any value or happiness. It also kind of explains FODs regular outpourings of adoration, despite her never really doing the same. Reading back through the comments I can’t help but feel that his competitiveness with her destroyed this. She had 65k followers as midwifeyhooper. She was well liked and respected. He joined and quickly overtook her, they became brand OD, but she often stated she was unhappy about things he posted and I’d say she wanted to stop, knew her daughters were over exposed (hence trying to reduce them on her feed) but that was futile with his account. Hence the what is he without the kids comments. So she either loved the fame and money too much to stand by her morals which therefore gave her no actual joy, or he was such a dominant FOD force she had no choice but to carry on and blindly try to believe this would never impact on them.
Very sad for those girls.

Reactions: 32
Hey all- it’s late here but a few people earlier asked for my opinion so I wanted to dip in and say that despite how angry and annoyed everyone is on here (and thrilled that the mask has been taken off) nothing reeks of any nastiness or bullshit regarding this situation in your comments, and I completely get what a lot of you are saying and why you feel like this. When people believe in their own hype and power it’s only a matter of time that the walls crumble and they have to survey the real world around them. They only realise it after the fact and that’s the shame of it all. There’s no foresight.

I think the apology was, to quote Susie, piss poor at best. It was generic and took no accountability and this will most likely be spun into a ‘thing’ where she Might use mental health woes as an excuse for her behaviour. Which makes a mockery of the situation and also of people who actually have REAL mental health problems.

I think it’s upsetting what she’s done to the people who trusted her, and a lot of them were regular, decent people who (despite the fact that this is ‘only’ social media and v trivial) trusted her. These are real feelings. I never named her because when we spoke privately, Bethie asked me not to at first so I respected her wishes. As far as I was concerned the only person I gave a sh*t about was my friend. That’s it. I only did what she asked me to do and that was to speak out after she began her IG stories so that she could have back up when the rest of the group stayed silent.

I only casually engaged with that group at events— I was never part of a gang, as I said, so I never tracked how they declared stuff when it came to ads. I only got involved a few times in the past when I was asked to be backup when there was nasty behaviour. Why? Who knows. Probably because I’m a loudmouth and I don’t give a tit about a clique and what ‘group’ I should belong to.

Anyway. I’m probably talking too much again. I just came on here to say that we all make bad decisions and we all need to be reminded that we’re human and imperfect but this was a heavier level of calculated behaviour and it’s really sad for everyone involved. I personally think they should try and live a life off social media for a while and figure out who they are because they were probably decent people before they became ‘Instafamous’ (I hate that word)

ok *now* I’m done. Thanks for the chat.
Well I really am not keen on you at all. I dont agree with what clemmie has done. But the way these instafamous people are jumping on the bandwagon to get some hype......hypocrite in my eyes. You are all calling her out bla bla bla, stiring up even more trouble so people jump on her harass her. Yet the ones who are more genuine, are staying quiet. Not putting up 1000000000's stories about how 'heartbroken' you all are
Guess what? Not everyone is gonna like you.
Guess what? There are fake people out there, so what?

Why dont you just feel like lucky that you do have a few good people around you? Or for your life. Ve grateful. I think it's disgusting the way your stirring up trouble? For what? Followers and hype. As I stated, other people have just moved on with their mouth shut and cut their ties.

Reactions: 10
Does noone else think that similar to the Meldrum tit storm she will have a bit of time off Insta and come back around Christmas with a renewed sense of self having spent a few weeks in her zen room? Slot in a few already prepared add and carry on regardless having lost a few 1000 followers? She’ll miss a few events but blame childcare/work/other commitments and we’ll never know any different. Can’t help but feel these instamums have such ‘big’ following fans it wont massively affect their lives? The story currently will be bigger than it’s fallout.

Reactions: 15
Honestly can’t understand why people aren’t talking about racism in this. Whether it’s conscious or not, clemmie should be acknowledging the fact that she said a woman of colour was weaponising her race (that’s what I think the comment said?). How dare she!!! The Instagram influencer world is overwhelmingly white, what the duck is clemmie doing going for a black woman?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Does noone else think that similar to the Meldrum tit storm she will have a bit of time off Insta and come back around Christmas with a renewed sense of self having spent a few weeks in her zen room? Slot in a few already prepared add and carry on regardless having lost a few 1000 followers? She’ll miss a few events but blame childcare/work/other commitments and we’ll never know any different. Can’t help but feel these instamums have such ‘big’ following fans it wont massively affect their lives? The story currently will be bigger than it’s fallout.

I agree. She will still get brand deals because if you have 600k followers why are they going to care that you bitched about your so called friends on a forum? They have both shown they have no morals so yea they will just pop up come December and start all over again .

Reactions: 7
I seem to remember a year ago clemmie holding up her copy of Why I’m not talking to White People about Race, proudly declaring that everyone should read it. Well clearly she didn’t take enough from it herself. Spineless hypocrite

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I agree. She will still get brand deals because if you have 600k followers why are they going to care that you bitched about your so called friends on a forum? They have both shown they have no morals so yea they will just pop up come December and start all over again .
It’s anti-bullying week next week. Not sure brands are that keen on bullies with published racist comments. This is not a walk in the park. She was part of a strong band on influencers and whilst all she’s done is exposed what most of them are probably doing, it’s a very high profile fall from grace.

Reactions: 4
Honestly can’t understand why people aren’t talking about racism in this. Whether it’s conscious or not, clemmie should be acknowledging the fact that she said a woman of colour was weaponising her race (that’s what I think the comment said?). How dare she!!! The Instagram influencer world is overwhelmingly white, what the duck is clemmie doing going for a black woman?
Basically: I think this is grounds for her to lose her contracts

Reactions: 6
Looking at the history of 'black people'(guys I am not cued up on the right term). They basically had a bloodly hard time to fight for their rights to become equal to 'white'people. Someone like myself, I am white, but I've had kids young, been a single mum and been on benefits (all changed now thankfully) I found white privledge people would look down at me. I feel defensive for my background. So what I am saying is, yes sometimes 'black people'come across as 'aggressive and defensive'..... but they have to show people they wont take any crap and they are who they are. Fair play to them! Sadly as a influencer,.clemmie should've had no say on race with that.

Reactions: 5
I definitely think the racism towards CB is the biggest thing people need to/should be outraged about. Doesn’t matter what our individual opinions of CB are, MODs comments as Alice are straight up racist.

Reactions: 20
I seem to remember a year ago clemmie holding up her copy of Why I’m not talking to White People about Race, proudly declaring that everyone should read it. Well clearly she didn’t take enough from it herself. Spineless hypocrite
At the time, Clemmie said in her book review that it "challenged my preconceptions around people of colour". Several people asked her what she meant by that and what her preconceptions were, but somehow she twisted it into her being attacked & her fans piled on to the commenters

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I really dont think much will change. She'll have a break then after a while it'll all go back to normal....maybe a few less ads but that will pick up after a while. She'll never give it up as they are greedy (that's fact, I'm not being mean) and regardless of how much they have in the bank, they will always want more.
Do I feel sorry for their kids in this situation...kinda...cant be nice to find out their mum isn't a particularly great person....but as I've said before, the way they are exploited for free stuff on the parents insta is far far worse. I would also say that your parents discussing periods, sex etc is probably just as horrific for a teenager.

SM and the world around it is vile....The sacconejolys used cold water showers to discipline a toddler, Mrs Meldrum was involved in racism and Chris Ingham has groomed young girls....they are all still going and all being paid for ads or getting free stuff.

Nothing will change

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Candice Brathwaite (not Braithwait) has been amazing. Clemmie has behaved in a very racist privileged way and Candice answered by looking stunning and smiling. To quote Candice quoting Michelle O “when they go low ...”. The way black women are labelled aggressive so casually when trying to fight for space is a real problem (Style Me Sunday has suffered similar). As much as I hate “woke speak” this is a real situation where people should check their privilege.

out of interest why is Style Mumjoining in the woe is me ? Clemmie didn’t say anything about her?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.