MOD & FOD #10 Wonder if Gousto do a recipe for humble pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d agree with that. They seem to have it all don’t they but both seem unhappy and they hardly ever do anything together or as a family. Instafame, nice house and plenty of money doesn’t necessarily equate to happiness.
Totally agree.my husband earns £21,000 @ year. Weve got 4 boys and a council house. And I am at my happiest.

Reactions: 25
I much prefer FOD. Yeah he’s an absolute idiot but he is good with the kids and isn’t arsed about designer. You can clearly tell it’s all head MOD. Hopefully he’ll Leave her, she’s horrid.
Now, I think this is too much. No one should wish a family to split up. I just hope they sit down and realise that it's not worth putting your family through this type of exposure just for material gain.

Also, your comment is exactly the thing people who aren't on Tattle think this forum is about.....when actually it's not. I want them to stop exploiting their children, and I am glad this had come out, as it may (I doubt it) have a positive effect on the children....not for one minute do I want her family to split up.

Reactions: 21
When she ripped the kitchen out to do her ‘reno’ I was truly shocked at the sheer waste and extravagance.Their new kitchen cost about £75,000 ( or do I read) and I assume the old units went in the skip?
I showed a few friends who have never heard of MOD the before and after kitchen pictures and nobody could tell which was the before and which was after!
I had a few interesting DM debates with MOD a few years ago,basically about her white privileged,middle class lifestyle and private education V her fake portrayal as coming from nothing and quote ‘living in a damp flat when she had her first baby and going to the food bank or using milk vouchers’ she ended up with a final message saying that we were basically so very similar as if I had been granted acceptance into the higher echelons of the Middle Class twatism club 😂
The thing that made me unfollow her was when she announced they were D.Jing at Camp Bestival,Bestival used to be owned by someone very close to me and I know they would have never have put MOD @ FOD on the lineup!
I am shocked at how little they’ve done to the place themselves. The kitchen Reno was totally unnecessary. What an extravagant waste? They should have used those #gifts for good and donated a kitchen to somewhere in need and still used their platform to promote the brands that donated.

The Camp Bestival posts are the worst. I bet Slymon spunked in his pants at being asked to DJ . They could have asked Selfish Mother and her fella. At least he’s a DJ

Now, I think this is too much. No one should wish a family to split up. I just hope they sit down and realise that it's not worth putting your family through this type of exposure just for material gain.

Also, your comment is exactly the thing people who aren't on Tattle think this forum is about.....when actually it's not. I want them to stop exploiting their children, and I am glad this had come out, as it may (I doubt it) have a positive effect on the children....not for one minute do I want her family to split up.
Yes - This! Exactly this.

Reactions: 4
This is what MOD said about Candice

"Candice is often really aggressive and always brings it back to race, priveldge and class because she knows no one will argue with that. It feels like a weapon to silence people’s opinions"

Hit like if you don't think this is racist.

I've followed Candice and this all rings true.

I don't like MOD but I've seen no racism from her.
I doubt she would have written that under her real name.

Reactions: 11
I am shocked at how little they’ve done to the place themselves. The kitchen Reno was totally unnecessary. What an extravagant waste? They should have used those #gifts for good and donated a kitchen to somewhere in need and still used their platform to promote the brands that donated.

The Camp Bestival posts are the worst. I bet Slymon spunked in his pants at being asked to DJ . They could have asked Selfish Mother and her fella. At least he’s a DJ

Yes - This! Exactly this.
I have a feeling not so sMug now had something to do with the ridiculous number of instamums at Camp Bestival. I really hope Rob Da Bank didn’t choose them.

Reactions: 2
40k school fees. I groan when mine need a tenner for a trip!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
They’ve got £40k of school fees to pay so they need that level of income to keep up their lifestyle.
The house is probably paid off.

Their eldest is in the grammar school, so just one set of fees to pay. Then this one will be in the grammar soon after the twins start.

The 244k in the bank mod had last year from instagram with simons 80kish a year management consultant wage and the fortune he makes on instagram so they ain't going to go struggling anytime soon.

Reactions: 5
There certainly is
Quite uncomfortable reading. See how they turn. One minute their piling on someone asking a question, next minute they’ve started to pile on you. Can’t be a very nice feeling.
Social media is fickle.

Reactions: 9
Clemmie is obviously unhappy in herself, maybe she thought having money & the adulation of strangers in the internet would make her happy but it didn't. If you have over 750k fans and then so called obsess over others on a pretty obscure corner of the internet not liking you, then I suggest you need some help to find out what does make you happy.
Money clearly doesn't buy happiness, it certainly makes life easier in a lot of ways, but if you're already miserable inside, then I'm not sure that being showered with £4k sinks & Gousto meal boxes will take away the hurtin' 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The thing is, they are fucked.

Everything they have is via their ‘instafame’

his tickets to the rugby
Tickets to little mix
The majority of their house - pretty much their whole kitchen, bathroom, holidays, clothes, EVERYTHING.

their whole lives are ridiculously privileged because of Instagram. Their huge following have meant she’s cut back on work & they've got a dream home which is filled with so many gifted products it’s ridiculous.

without instafame what do they have?

they are fucked.
I think they will be fine financially! Simon comes from money ( I went to boarding school and my school played sports against his private school,his parents live in a beautiful house) Clemmie definitely does not come from poverty.
Their book deals must have earned them a considerable sum,all of the paid partnerships and ads over the years will have racked up.Plus their expenditure for the affluent lifestyle cost a pittance, I remember posting the cost of just one of their Destinology holidays it was £45,000 a week! They have totally renovated and furnished their house beautifully at a fraction of the cost as most was gifted.They sold their London house and bought their new huge home with probably a small mortgage.Their kids now attend private school ( £5,000 a term x3 x4 = £60,000p.a) but grandparents may be paying that?
Simon has a good job,his LinkedIn page used to be very informative! I reckoned he used to earn around £80-1000k p.a which combined with Insta cash enabled Clemmie to work one day a week! I believe she only kept her job to keep her Midwife title as her U.S.P, definitely not for the income!
I doubt they have had to buy any clothing for all 4 kids in the past 5 years! She was even gifted a top of the range Miele washing machine and tumble drier.
I think they will miss the ego boost which comes with Instafame, but I actually think and remember commenting a couple of years ago that I thought she had had enough and was ready to retire from the gram,but definitely not him! He is painfully narcissistic.I don’t think they are ‘fucked’ to the point that their lives will change dramatically. I wouldn’t be surprised if she got a 6 figure book deal to write about the darker side of Instagram!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Does anyone else remember back in the Crystal Palace days, MOD had one bad amazon review of her first book and she posted it on her stories asking for sympathy and acting like the reviewer was a complete troll. It was pretty shocking even then to see how MOD couldn’t cope, even with constructive feedback or the smallest amounts of criticism of her book. No book on earth is going to be unanimously adored. I don’t think social media is the right career for someone as thin skinned.
That's one of the reasons Amazon made changes to reviews because authors would ask their 'fans' to attack the negative reviews so they could mark it as unhelpful and the more unhelpful votes it got it would push the negative review off the lead review page and it would be hidden amongst all the reviews so that only the 5 star (mainly fake) reviews would show on the first page of reviews! Nowadays you can only mark a review as helpful and verified purchase reviews will show first. Also they try and weed out the fake 'friends and family' reviews as a lot of authors got them to leave fake 5 star reviews!

In fact not long ago someone noticed that Mrs Meldrum had updated her Amazon account to her real name and she had reviewed all her own books!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I have a feeling not so sMug now had something to do with the ridiculous number of instamums at Camp Bestival. I really hope Rob Da Bank didn’t choose them.
Bestival was facing bankruptcy and Richmond Group, controlled by the loan broker James Benamor, bought the festival business after offering £1.1m for Bestival’s assets and brand. Richmond had lent Bestival Group £1.6m in February last year ( 2018) so I doubt very much if Rob da Bank put Mod@Fod on the lineup he has far too good taste!

Reactions: 3
To be a fly on the wall in that house when FOD read all his wifes comments 😂... what was MOD reasoning for slating her own husband? My mind is blown by all of this!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.