MOD & FOD #10 Wonder if Gousto do a recipe for humble pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Allaboardtheallergybus on mumsnet does read very much like mod now looking back, I wasnt on them much but have just had a good look. The comments about Laura, the bigging herself up etc. The style of writing with little to no punctuation.

I'd probably put good money on Cady being Simon or someone related to it now and that they both knew who each other was. We'll never know, I'm sure.

So, looks like it wasnt just on here... cant be bothered to trawl all her mumsnet posts but I doubt she'll ever admit to it. She will sneakily approach mumsnet and ask them to delete, no doubt. And theyll do it because of the relationship with the advertisers etc.
allaboardtheallergybus was absolutely vile to me on mumsnet.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else remember back in the Crystal Palace days, MOD had one bad amazon review of her first book and she posted it on her stories asking for sympathy and acting like the reviewer was a complete troll. It was pretty shocking even then to see how MOD couldn’t cope, even with constructive feedback or the smallest amounts of criticism of her book. No book on earth is going to be unanimously adored. I don’t think social media is the right career for someone as thin skinned.

Reactions: 19
You know their line that they had to do extensive renovations to their house because it was so tired?
This is the house when they bought it in October 2017: https://www.realhomes.com/completed-projects/from-doctors-surgery-to-eclectic-home
so not exactly the dreadful tired wreck they make out in their loving restoration stories.

This is it now with those famous floors: https://www.v4woodflooring.co.uk/case-study/zigzag-frozen-umber-kent/

They are full of tit.
It looked better before they took it on. No accounting for taste, particularly when you’re not working hard to pay for it, just sponging off gullible suppliers who believe it will bring them increased revenue.

How many of their followers could even afford their lifestyle?! None.

Reactions: 11
Surely the RCM will have to step in. I wouldn't want someone of her character caring for me!! Disgusting behaviour and it goes against all the ethos of being a midwife. She has a position of trust and integrity and she clearly isnt capable of either.
The RCM is a trade union, the NMC maintains the register and investigate misconduct. Someone would have to report her to them, and I just don’t know if being a twit on Tattle is really enough for them to investigate or take any action.

Reactions: 6
To say a woman of colour is using her race ‘as a weapon to silence people’ is without a doubt racism and an absolute grade A example of white privilege. White people have been using race as a weapon forever. To accuse a woman who is confident and speaks her mind and working for her space in a white dominated world of instamums of being aggressive and silencing people with her race is abhorrent in my opinion. I think Clemmie needs to go back and reread why I’m not talking to white people about race. I am white and would be very interested to the opinion of any people of colour on here.
She said race, privilege and class.

How is it racism if it's true?

Just because white people did that in the past is it not still racism for a woman of colour to do that back to them? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Candice is way too dim to do a proper job at what she's trying to achieve and is very aggressive, way out of her depth. It's not about the colour of the skin it's about her personality.

The RCM is a trade union, the NMC maintains the register and investigate misconduct. Someone would have to report her to them, and I just don’t know if being a twit on Tattle is really enough for them to investigate or take any action.
I hope the NMC ignore this tattle, and deal with real issues. If every medical professional that was a bit bitchy got sacked thats 99% of the staff gone.

Reactions: 16
So basically the previous owners did all the hard work and they’ve just got someone to paint a bit of dark grey, pink and green and got a few #gifted bathrooms and a #gifted kitchen? Poor Hoopers, they’ve worked so hard #prayforthehoopers
Yep pretty much.

Reactions: 1

Just because white people did that in the past is it not still racism for a woman of colour to do that back to them? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Candice is way too dim to do a proper job at what she's trying to achieve and is very aggressive, way out of her depth. It's not about the colour of the skin it's about her personality.
If it’s not about the colour of her skin then why did Clemmie bring race into it? She didn’t have to mention race if it isn’t about race.

I would doubt that Clemmie gives a tit about Candice’s privilege or class, I don’t know much about her but it’s unlikely she has more privilege than Princess Clementine...

Two wrongs certainly don’t make a right but I don’t think it’s true at all that CB is racist towards white people

You know their line that they had to do extensive renovations to their house because it was so tired?
This is the house when they bought it in October 2017: https://www.realhomes.com/completed-projects/from-doctors-surgery-to-eclectic-home
so not exactly the dreadful tired wreck they make out in their loving restoration stories.

This is it now with those famous floors: https://www.v4woodflooring.co.uk/case-study/zigzag-frozen-umber-kent/

They are full of tit.
When she ripped the kitchen out to do her ‘reno’ I was truly shocked at the sheer waste and extravagance.Their new kitchen cost about £75,000 ( or do I read) and I assume the old units went in the skip?
I showed a few friends who have never heard of MOD the before and after kitchen pictures and nobody could tell which was the before and which was after!
I had a few interesting DM debates with MOD a few years ago,basically about her white privileged,middle class lifestyle and private education V her fake portrayal as coming from nothing and quote ‘living in a damp flat when she had her first baby and going to the food bank or using milk vouchers’ she ended up with a final message saying that we were basically so very similar as if I had been granted acceptance into the higher echelons of the Middle Class twatism club 😂
The thing that made me unfollow her was when she announced they were D.Jing at Camp Bestival,Bestival used to be owned by someone very close to me and I know they would have never have put MOD @ FOD on the lineup!

It looked better before they took it on. No accounting for taste, particularly when you’re not working hard to pay for it, just sponging off gullible suppliers who believe it will bring them increased revenue.

How many of their followers could even afford their lifestyle?! None.
this 100%

I would imagine they are asset rich but cash poor. The house, whilst to some people’s taste, is not mine. I wonder if she actually enjoys any of it? I just feel like I would want to take my time on my family home and choose decor I actually wanted rather than taking whatever I was offered free/ trying to make an instagramable home which feels like a television set. Their whole life must feel like a structured reality show!

Reactions: 4
Oh they have painted the wall outside grey. Makes it look rather municipal (I live very near them and no, my kids are not at the same school!)

Reactions: 3
This is actually me after not even knowing about this site until yesterday after reading MOD's apology and seeing the thread unfold on her latest post. Those chickens are coming home to roost all over that MOD/FOD privileged lifestyle offered out to us on insta ... I am also still REELING at how she might extricate herself from the comment she made about Candice B .. seems MOD's 'woke attitude' is nothing but performative for likes . 🤔

Reactions: 14
75k on a kitchen. That's nearly the value of my house. 😲

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Ah yes you're right re the NMC. Surely her acting dishonestly and bullying is against the code of practice.. Either way I hope this is a wake up call for her, as a woman who a so called role model for so many what a bad move this all was.

So basically the previous owners did all the hard work and they’ve just got someone to paint a bit of dark grey, pink and green and got a few #gifted bathrooms and a #gifted kitchen? Poor Hoopers, they’ve worked so hard #prayforthehoopers
It looked better before. It has the previous owners taste and added charm and none of this insta famous interior.

Reactions: 13
If it’s not about the colour of her skin then why did Clemmie bring race into it? She didn’t have to mention race if it isn’t about race.

I would doubt that Clemmie gives a tit about Candice’s privilege or class, I don’t know much about her but it’s unlikely she has more privilege than Princess Clementine...

Two wrongs certainly don’t make a right but I don’t think it’s true at all that CB is racist towards white people
Because she's seen Candice turn it about race on purpose to make people too scared to say anything back, I know I've seen that. It shuts down the discussion.

MOD is many things, but that was a fair comment about Candice and not racist imho.

this 100%

I would imagine they are asset rich but cash poor. The house, whilst to some people’s taste, is not mine. I wonder if she actually enjoys any of it? I just feel like I would want to take my time on my family home and choose decor I actually wanted rather than taking whatever I was offered free/ trying to make an instagramable home which feels like a television set. Their whole life must feel like a structured reality show!
MODs gas and air account that she gets all her ad money through had £244'000 in the bank from last financial year and has probably grown a lot since then. They aint cash poor.

Reactions: 7

I hope the NMC ignore this tattle, and deal with real issues. If every medical professional that was a bit bitchy got sacked thats 99% of the staff gone.
The thing that really galls me, is that she’s accused Candice of always bringing it back to race then trotted her out on her podcast to talk about her experiences as a black woman giving birth, and the MBRRACE report.

this 100%

I don’t think they’re cash poor - they made £250k last year.

Reactions: 5
On a plus, it has pushed up FOD’s comments on his Gousto #ad from 19 to 27
I’ve followed them from the beginning, and you can tell things are a miss with them. They used to show love & happiness as a family unit, especially when they lived in their old house. It’s now all a bit strange. They have the insta dream house, life style, money. Yet probably the unhappiest they’ve ever been
I’d agree with that. They seem to have it all don’t they but both seem unhappy and they hardly ever do anything together or as a family. Instafame, nice house and plenty of money doesn’t necessarily equate to happiness.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.