MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actual strawberries from
Italy :ROFLMAO:
Don’t tell me that dog tit is for real ? Where did you find it @Casperron ?!
It genuinely (genuinely) looks like a 7 year old put it together in a hurry. What’s with the typos.. and weird claims ? It’s so bizarre and unconvincing... I think all I want is supermarket shampoo for the rest of my life now .

Reactions: 5
I can’t believe the actual amount of people that buy into this tit!! I must get 10+ requests a day to follow “so and sos beauty” and they genuinely think they have a business! They just get sucked in! And all the positivity quotes just make me want to vomit! And the my team is smashing it! Oh give over - it makes me mad and sad that some of these “influencers” are sucking vulnerable people in to make a quick buck for themselves and these people cannot see what they are doing all because they want a shout out on Instagram or Facebook!!!!

Reactions: 10
Don’t tell me that dog tit is for real ? Where did you find it @Casperron ?!
It genuinely (genuinely) looks like a 7 year old put it together in a hurry. What’s with the typos.. and weird claims ? It’s so bizarre and unconvincing... I think all I want is supermarket shampoo for the rest of my life now .
It’s on one of my friends body shop fb groups 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I used to work with a guy who sold Arbonne and because I wore lots of makeup and worked in sales, he basically got it into his head that I would be the perfect recruitment candidate.

“All you need to do is give it the time you use watching telly in the evenings”🙄

What really annoys me is that he is really rich but he implies it was because of the business he built with arbonne. No mention of his corporate job with an IT company where he was top salesman for 10 years!

Reactions: 7
The most hilarious one is Kangen water. A MLM for a £3k+ water machine 😂

Apparently regular water is BAD for you, poisonous, dehydrating, ageing etc and only this magical water machine provides you with good water. People use this water instead of moisturiser or skincare, instead of HAND SANITISER, (big overlap of people who buy into this and people who doubt the pandemic), instead of any cleaning products, cures cancer...

The list is as funny as that shampoo one, one of the "pros" over regular old water is just LIVING

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Water- dehydrating 🤦‍♀️

I'd already lost it at Big and Small water.
Who knew that this entire time the human race has actually been living off dehydrating, inflammatory and cancer causing water? All these thousands of years!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
A girl I used to go to SW with has recently started doing Tropic, she posts all the copy and pasted inspirational essays about success and joining the team, then she does all these videos with the product and she just looks and sounds so awkward. I feel really sorry for her and almost want to buy something from her for this reason but I don’t want her getting the idea I want in on it 🙈

The most hilarious one is Kangen water. A MLM for a £3k+ water machine 😂

Apparently regular water is BAD for you, poisonous, dehydrating, ageing etc and only this magical water machine provides you with good water. People use this water instead of moisturiser or skincare, instead of HAND SANITISER, (big overlap of people who buy into this and people who doubt the pandemic), instead of any cleaning products, cures cancer...

The list is as funny as that shampoo one, one of the "pros" over regular old water is just LIVING
Big water😰😰😰

Reactions: 2
God don’t get me started on MLMs. I despise them. I instantly lose respect for anyone who peddles one and assume they’re of limited intelligence 😂

Reactions: 16
There’s a girl that tried to sell me juice plus two hours after I gave birth! I hadn’t even passed all of the placenta! She said she makes £2000 a month from it, okay but why do you work full time as well if you make so much money?.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
There’s a girl that tried to sell me juice plus two hours after I gave birth! I hadn’t even passed all of the placenta! She said she makes £2000 a month from it, okay but why do you work full time as well if you make so much money?.
None of them make even close to that. In fact most end up in crippling debt. I’ve read some absolute horror stories involving ruined marriages and suicide attempts because of MLMs :(

Reactions: 4
None of them make even close to that. In fact most end up in crippling debt. I’ve read some absolute horror stories involving ruined marriages and suicide attempts because of MLMs :(
I can imagine they don’t make much of a profit if any, I’m sick of people acting like it’s a miracle for everything it’s horrible, I’m quite headstrong I say what I think and that’s that, but to insinuate I’m fat and need to lose weight just two hours after giving birth is bloody awful, not all new mums could take it like I did. It did knock my confidence a bit tbh x

Earn £2000 yet begging people to buy stuff

Reactions: 4
I used to work with a guy who sold Arbonne and because I wore lots of makeup and worked in sales, he basically got it into his head that I would be the perfect recruitment candidate.

“All you need to do is give it the time you use watching telly in the evenings”🙄

What really annoys me is that he is really rich but he implies it was because of the business he built with arbonne. No mention of his corporate job with an IT company where he was top salesman for 10 years!
I started a new job and one of the women in the office started getting a bit over friendly and gave me some samples , she then used to send me Facebook messages every Sunday after 9pm must be after their weekly meetings , first she tried to recruit me then resorted to trying to sell to me, the first couple of times I sent polite refusals and after that I just stopped replying , she soon dropped being friendly to me and started with the next newbie in the office!

I brought some FM from a friend - mainly because I wanted to save money on buying Chanel and Viktor&Rolf. It’s ok - I paid £25 for two but it barely lasts at all. I brought the dupe from Lidl for 3.99 and it’s by far the superior product.

I don’t have any problem with body shop and their products but I’m added to a group every other day at the moment - I also saw this by a prominent Body shop consultant and it riled me. Some people will feel guilty about not “investing” in their friends “business” and that is bleeping shady
The reason is that people know boots Superdrug Yankee candles etc but they don’t want to purchase overpriced younique etc that they don’t know anything about! My niece had started selling Arbonne and I’ve had to stop following her as she clogs up all my Facebook feed !

A friend of a friend of mine is selling Arbonne she constantly sends messages On Facebook asking if I want “in” recently she did a live and I accidentally clicked on it so she messaged hi I saw you watching what products can I order for you. I have muted her now so I don’t have to see, she has changed so much almost like they get brainwashed I looked at some of the products they are so so expensive I couldn’t believe it. She says she is the healthiest she’s ever been after using their fizz drinks but she looks awful to me. I don’t believe she is making money. Her friend achieved the white Mercedes they give you but when I googled it you actually pay for it. Such a scam.
My niece has joined Arbonne and does the most awful presentations , she drinks the fizz sticks in a gin glass and has spent hundreds on products , myself and my daughter have had to unfollow her on Facebook as she got so pushy with us! She sent us a message about a presentation she was doing so we joined to support her and wish we hadn’t as she hounded us for two days to buy products and also kept reducing the price saying she could get us better deals !

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
So many people are doing the body shop one it’s embarrassing at this point. Every one of them trying to act like it’s something unique and special. Spare me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.