Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone hear of the heartbreaking case of Susan Powell? Her father in law would record her and always be very creepy with her, she moved state with her husband and 2 boys to get away from the dad who ended up going to jail for possession of child images. Her husband became really possessive of her and she told friends that if she went missing it was due to her husband. One day she just vanished which just so happened to be the day her husband ‘took’ her 2 young sons camping in the middle of winter and when they got home she was gone. There was a fight for custody between the husband and Susan’s family, when the husband realised he wasn’t going to get full custody of the sons he killed them both and himself in a house fire :( a truly awful sad story.
some remains have been found in the past few days which are believed to be Susans.. I hope they are so her family can have their daughter back and have some sort of closure from this nightmare
This was covered on Crime Junkie podcast, it is unbelievable. They way he won't let the social worker on, and the police don't take it seriously!

Reactions: 5
I don't know if anyone saw the documentary about Brady and Hindley recently. The programme has an expert saying that there is the possibility that Keith Bennetts body no longer exists. Unlike the rest of the victims that they buried on the moors who were encased in peat, they think that Keith's body was put in much acidic soil which may have dissolved it, and animals may have taken the rest. Desperately sad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I don't know if anyone saw the documentary about Brady and Hindley recently. The programme has an expert saying that there is the possibility that Keith Bennetts body no longer exists. Unlike the rest of the victims that they buried on the moors who were encased in peat, they think that Keith's body was put in much acidic soil which may have dissolved it, and animals may have taken the rest. Desperately sad.
I always felt sorry for his poor mother who used to appear on tv pleading for Brady to reveal where the body was.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
That’s awfully sad. I wish his mum had got him back.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Slightly OT but I just watched the BTK documentary on NFX and I remember watching a doc in the early 00s, before they caught him, and thinking there was no way they ever would. I hope they're able to solve more cold cases with DNA over the next few years.

Reactions: 6
I am on 2 different threads so apologies if this story relates to the other one.
Bernadette Connellys body was found on Blackpool Beach. No other info.

• Sad
  • Heart
I am on 2 different threads so apologies if this story relates to the other one.
Bernadette Connellys body was found on Blackpool Beach. No other info.
This is so sad. I didn’t think she’d be alive but still awful to see it confirmed. Theories, anybody?

Reactions: 3
This is so sad. I didn’t think she’d be alive but still awful to see it confirmed. Theories, anybody?
Hopefully a postmortem will rule out foul play, looks like she may have entered the water herself in the end, and then been washed up, mad were the body ended up but I am relieved for her daughter she can start the grieving process.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There never seemed to be any motivation for suicide, but then I guess these things can happen very suddenly with nobody around you knowing your state of mind. Her daughter seemed very close to her though - I’d have thought she’d have picked up on any changes. I guess it could have been accidental - a freak huge wave or something.

Reactions: 4
There never seemed to be any motivation for suicide, but then I guess these things can happen very suddenly with nobody around you knowing your state of mind. Her daughter seemed very close to her though - I’d have thought she’d have picked up on any changes. I guess it could have been accidental - a freak huge wave or something.
so sad to hear she dead, but it is closure for her daughter too. Her daughter did seem so adamant she wasn’t suicidal but I expect that’s the reality of suicide - no one knows what’sgoing on inside someone’s head. Very very sad.

Reactions: 8
I came accross this thread when googling “Bernadette Connolly”
She went missing in Dublin a month ago…
She was mentioned on RTE’s Crimecall the other night.
She was last seen on a beach & she took a photo on her phone. Her coat and phone were found.
Her daughter is heartbroken. It’s so sad.
How can she disappear into thin air though?!
Her body has been found on a beach in Blackpool, England.

Terribly sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The Jamie Cannon discovery is odd. Its not confirmed it's him, but for it to be made public, I assume it is.

Anyway, anyone local would say that Africa House would have been one of the first places to be searched, definitely within the last 9 months.

My husband heard they found a burnt out car near Saltcoats beach (nearby to where the body was found), and people think the two may be linked? As in the car was used to move the body. Probably just speculation as we haven't been able to find anything to that effect online.

I just can't see how he wasn't found there for 9 months. They had to have searched it, surely.

ETA: the area was searched in September with dogs, not sure if it was searched before or after that again.

Last edited:
I think the police have all but given up on finding him but I'm hopeful he'll be found someday when someone stumbles upon a bone or something.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.