Miscarriage/Baby Loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve spent the day reading through all 33 pages. Yesterday I had my surgery to remove my baby. On Thursday I had my 12 week scan and was told there was no heartbeat. I had been bleeding heavily since Sunday and was seen my the EPU who scanned my on a mobile device and told me they could see a heartbeat. That clearly wasn’t the case as baby was only measuring 9 weeks. Those few days of false hope have been worse than knowing. I’m absolutely devastated by this. I have a healthy 4 year old who we were going to tell on Christmas Day. I’ve got him a big brother to be T-shirt and I just can’t believe it’s all over before it had truly begun.
Your last sentence really broke my heart 😞 it’s such a horrible thing to go through let alone right before Christmas. I had a miscarriage the week before my birthday this year and that was bad enough. I hope you’re ok, go easy on your self xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Big hugs to everyone who's experienced loss and is finding this time of year hard. I keep being reminded of what could be everywhere I look. Have deleted all my social media apps and its not enough x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I hope this is ok to post. I did a pregnancy test today and it was positive. Supposedly 6 weeks but after having multiple miscarriages I dont know how to feel. Obviously haven't told anyone except OH, we're going to see how the next few weeks go. I've never made it past the 8 week point so not allowing myself to get excited. 15 years it has been. The last time I did a pregnancy test was in 2016 when I was positive and miscarried at 8 weeks. Ever since then when I'm late I refuse to do a test because inevitably I will bleed eventually. I only did a test because I found one when I was tidying up and was on CD56 and nipples were burning. Figured it might be a false negative because it was a pretty old test so sent OH to get a clear blue and it was positive again. I don't know whether to call GP or wait until I'm more than 8 weeks?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hope this is ok to post. I did a pregnancy test today and it was positive. Supposedly 6 weeks but after having multiple miscarriages I dont know how to feel. Obviously haven't told anyone except OH, we're going to see how the next few weeks go. I've never made it past the 8 week point so not allowing myself to get excited. 15 years it has been. The last time I did a pregnancy test was in 2016 when I was positive and miscarried at 8 weeks. Ever since then when I'm late I refuse to do a test because inevitably I will bleed eventually. I only did a test because I found one when I was tidying up and was on CD56 and nipples were burning. Figured it might be a false negative because it was a pretty old test so sent OH to get a clear blue and it was positive again. I don't know whether to call GP or wait until I'm more than 8 weeks?
I know it’s scary but i’d ring them and let them know. How many miscarriages have you had? i have had 3 in a row and if i get pregnant again i’m offered multiple scans to keep an eye on things so may be the same for you? Try and keep positive and congratulations, sending lots of love and best wishes your way 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If you let them know, would they do anything to try and support the pregnancy? After three miscarriages I started progesterone pessaries and Fragmin injections they day I got my fourth positive. 💗

Reactions: 1
I know it’s scary but i’d ring them and let them know. How many miscarriages have you had? i have had 3 in a row and if i get pregnant again i’m offered multiple scans to keep an eye on things so may be the same for you? Try and keep positive and congratulations, sending lots of love and best wishes your way 🤍
I'm not sure of how many since 2016, every 2/3 months I have up to 60 day cycles and then bleed. I've not had a normal cycle since 2016. We haven't used any contraception for the last 10 years. I had fertility tests a few years ago as I was worried I was running out of time and they ruled out PCOS and said my eggs looked fine. They assumed I wasn't ovulating but I didn't take it any further. Tbh by that point I was ready to just accept it wasn't going to happen. I don't know if im eady to make the call so close to xmas. I did get some folic acid today, and will avoid the pates and cheese over the next few days and then maybe ill give them a ring? Last time I called the GP and they just calculated my weeks and booked me for a scan at 10 weeks, but I bled at 8 weeks and when they did a scan there was a sac but it was empty but my hcg levels were still high so they recorded it as an incomplete miscarriage. They then monitored my hcg levels for the next few weeks to make sure they went down and that was it. Do I call and tell them this and try and get a scan as soo as?

I'm not sure of how many since 2016, every 2/3 months I have up to 60 day cycles and then bleed. I've not had a normal cycle since 2016. We haven't used any contraception for the last 10 years. I had fertility tests a few years ago as I was worried I was running out of time and they ruled out PCOS and said my eggs looked fine. They assumed I wasn't ovulating but I didn't take it any further. Tbh by that point I was ready to just accept it wasn't going to happen. I don't know if im eady to make the call so close to xmas. I did get some folic acid today, and will avoid the pates and cheese over the next few days and then maybe ill give them a ring? Last time I called the GP and they just calculated my weeks and booked me for a scan at 10 weeks, but I bled at 8 weeks and when they did a scan there was a sac but it was empty but my hcg levels were still high so they recorded it as an incomplete miscarriage. They then monitored my hcg levels for the next few weeks to make sure they went down and that was it. Do I call and tell them this and try and get a scan as soo as?
Phone your early pregnancy assessment unit (EPAU) or GP and they will sort it all. Depends where you are geographically but I would start by phoning EPAU. You know of at least three losses so be honest in that.

It’s meant to be my due date in a few days (the 4th) and my heart genuinely hurts thinking about what I should be preparing for and just knowing that I’m not going to get that

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's been a month since I miscarried and I feel like my anxiety has got so bad over completely unrelated things. I'm struggling to sleep from the physical symptoms and just wondering if maybe the stress and upset and even hormone changes from the miscarriage is causing it. Did anyone else feel like this?

• Heart
I just feel completely numb knowing that I should be preparing to/ if not already had my baby boy or girl and just knowing that I’ll not get that 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
It's been a month since I miscarried and I feel like my anxiety has got so bad over completely unrelated things. I'm struggling to sleep from the physical symptoms and just wondering if maybe the stress and upset and even hormone changes from the miscarriage is causing it. Did anyone else feel like this?
I think it’s normal after a miscarriage, your body still think it’s pregnant for a while after a miscarriage and then your hormones are up and down. it took my hormones a while to get back to normal after mine

I just feel completely numb knowing that I should be preparing to/ if not already had my baby boy or girl and just knowing that I’ll not get that 😞
i’m the same, i’d have been due January 15th and knowing it’s coming up just depresses me

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Im around a month too and I’m absolutely all over the place but again with unrelated things. I’m either absolutely fuming or sobbing over random trailers on Netflix 🫠 putting it down to hormones. I need to test again as was still + 2 weeks ago but I think I did it too soon 🤦‍♀️

Also I just need to let this out somewhere, I went to my xmas party a few days after the MC was confirmed (had suspected it so was putting on a brave face) and a woman in my team offered to buy me a drink and then said “aha, I thought you were pregnant so I was testing to see if you’d have alcohol or not”. I felt like headbutting her (and I still do). Obviously it really hurt my feelings but I think regardless of my situation it’s a snakey thing to do!!

• Heart
  • Sad
So I ended up getting a private scan and there was a yolk sac and a weird blob - docs exact words were it isn't anything like she's seen before but it could be a miracle. That was on Friday, just started bleeding today. Called GP and they said I can go to A+E and get a check or wait until tomorrow to speak to GP which is what I'm going to do. I'll have to have a look at progesterone and see what the doc recommends moving forward but tbh I don't think I want to continue anymore. Too much stress and heartache. Sending my love to everyone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Im around a month too and I’m absolutely all over the place but again with unrelated things. I’m either absolutely fuming or sobbing over random trailers on Netflix 🫠 putting it down to hormones. I need to test again as was still + 2 weeks ago but I think I did it too soon 🤦‍♀️

Also I just need to let this out somewhere, I went to my xmas party a few days after the MC was confirmed (had suspected it so was putting on a brave face) and a woman in my team offered to buy me a drink and then said “aha, I thought you were pregnant so I was testing to see if you’d have alcohol or not”. I felt like headbutting her (and I still do). Obviously it really hurt my feelings but I think regardless of my situation it’s a snakey thing to do!!
I’m not surprised you wanted to head butt her! Imagine if you’d put the awkwardness back onto her saying “well I was! But I’m not anymore. So yes please you can buy me a drink”

I’ve just found out that the sac is still inside me so I’ve got to have medical management later this week 😭 (tablets)

Its been 8 weeks since we got told “there doesn’t look like there’s anything in there” and this whole ordeal started, I feel like this has hit me like a ton of bricks because I thought it was all over and we were starting to move on. I’m absolutely terrified of the medical management process, the nurse obviously had to give worse case but it all sounds horrific and now I’m convinced I’ll bleed to death 😭😭

Edited to add that in the 8 weeks, 2 babies close to me have been born (which I’m delighted about but still hurts) and 2 pregnancies have been announced with due dates around mine, double hurts.

• Heart
  • Sad
I’m feeling really down today, i was the same yesterday, it would have been my due date for the first baby i lost last year, this Sunday. i just spent the night upset last night and cried a bit. my partner asked what was wrong and i told him and he just didn’t say anything. i feel a bit rubbish today as well. i just don’t know how i’m meant to feel? i feel just as sad today as the day it happened tbh. i just don’t feel like i’ll ever get any better? i’ve found out i have some health issues after my 2 mc’s last year and i’m undergoing so many tests i don’t think that helps either but i just find it so hard thinking if things had been different, i could be having a baby now 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
I’m feeling really down today, i was the same yesterday, it would have been my due date for the first baby i lost last year, this Sunday. i just spent the night upset last night and cried a bit. my partner asked what was wrong and i told him and he just didn’t say anything. i feel a bit rubbish today as well. i just don’t know how i’m meant to feel? i feel just as sad today as the day it happened tbh. i just don’t feel like i’ll ever get any better? i’ve found out i have some health issues after my 2 mc’s last year and i’m undergoing so many tests i don’t think that helps either but i just find it so hard thinking if things had been different, i could be having a baby now 😞
Your feelings are totally valid, unfortunately most men just don’t express the same emotion as us so don’t let his lack of words mean you’re being silly. Can you book yourself into a spa on Sunday or something to take your mind off it? Or maybe you just need to have a day to relax and cry and let it all out. I hope you’re ok x

Had a missed miscarriage and D+C back in November. Began trying again in December after my period had returned. Done 3 separate tests the last week and all have shown a very faint pink line. My period has arrived this morning. Am I right in thinking this is referred to as a chemical pregnancy? 🥺

Had a missed miscarriage and D+C back in November. Began trying again in December after my period had returned. Done 3 separate tests the last week and all have shown a very faint pink line. My period has arrived this morning. Am I right in thinking this is referred to as a chemical pregnancy? 🥺
It does sound like it could be, I’m so sorry. I’ve had 2 and a mmc…leave it a few days (I know that’s torture) and test again. My last chemical I tested positive the Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday but negative by Friday and the bleeding started the next day. I know it is horrendous….but don’t give up. I had a chemical in July 21, got pregnant again Aug 21 (was the mmc) then another chemical May 22 then pregnant again June 22 and due in 4 weeks….keep the hope. ❤❤❤❤

• Heart
So it's been nearly seven weeks since my mmc. I think I'm starting to work through my grief and my sleep is improving although every night without fail I wake up at 130am and 430am basically exactly then. I ended up being signed off work early in the month due to anxiety which I think was a reaction to the loss but the time off helped.

What's is hard though is the one other girl on my team told me she's 5 months pregnant. She was nervous to tell me bless her and I am genuinely happy she's happy etc but I'm finding it really hard to be around her. It's just a reminder of everything I've lost. I really don't want to be sat in on any conversations where it gets brought up but of course this is unavoidable. It also makes me feel like tit that I feel this way about the situation.

• Heart