Mikhila McDaid (Miss Budgetbeauty)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The giant radiator cover and the tiny cabinet wedged in the hall made it look very cramped. I would have used the bathroom cabinet hack to hide the fuse box and put some plants on top.
To be fair, it looks lived in - like a family do live there rather than show home standard. Mine looks lived in but when we sell I know I can make it look lived in but marketable.

It is like you’ve died and woken up in the Kallax aisle. They’re useful sure but a there are two walls in the living room dominated by them.

oh and the voice in the hair dressers 😂 I can imagine her stood in the doorway, scruffy bun, ciggy going, yelling for her kids to “get here now”

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I come from a family of builders and renovators so I appreciate that I view things differently to some when I look to buy a property. I look at structural walls, natural light, room for extensions, loft space and the bathroom and kitchen as typically this is where you spend your money on the function.
I don’t give a shiny tit if you’ve got pictures up, what the paintwork is like or even how tidy it is. Chances are it will all be smashed down and rebuilt, I just want to see the space. However, I would also never buy a new build!!
Anyway, all that aside, surely any one can look beyond a dodgy paint job, cluttered rooms and untidy beds when they’re viewing a house to buy! She’s dressing her home to almost (crap) Instagram standards, with the prints up either side of the dresser thing in the hallway, putting different sheets on her mum and dads bed etc. Weird lady, just clear out all the tit and units, not just because you desperately want to get out of your house, just because it must be horrendous living in those squashed conditions 😱

Reactions: 4
Generally the rule is the bigger deposit the better interest rates offered by banks so even if she can do 10% she shouldn't necessarily do it.

I do think she's really worked hard and made the best of the house to sell to be fair to her. I get the impression from things that she's said that the underlying tensions are between her parents (especially dad) and Lee so I feel sorry for her being in the middle.

Reactions: 2
I found it odd when she was saying she couldn't sleep when her mum and dad were away, as she's used to having her dad still downstairs when she goes to bed. She ended up sleeping on the sofa.

Reactions: 5
That house hasn’t aged well-patchy paint, yellowing woodwork. I think like most things she does, putting it up for sale is done on impulse. Decluttering is one thing, but I also think lots of people will decorate to flip their houses.
Couldn’t believe it when she was talking about photoshopping her own pictures & as if they are going to replace the turf in the garden before they go!

Reactions: 3
I don't understand why Ella always gets the smallest bedroom. When talking about the new house in the vlog today she says about the third bedroom being for Ella. Why can't milo, being the youngest, have the small room? That would make you feel really crappy if you're the child who has a different dad and you're the oldest but you're always shoved in the box room. I remember when they went on holiday and Milo had the huge bed in the hotel and Ella had to sleep on a sofa.

Also, in the comments I noticed she'd replied to someone to say that her parents will be putting all their stuff into storage and are moving in with her brother! Wait, what? So now her poor parents will be squeezed in with her brother instead.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
That house hasn’t aged well-patchy paint, yellowing woodwork. I think like most things she does, putting it up for sale is done on impulse. Decluttering is one thing, but I also think lots of people will decorate to flip their houses.
Couldn’t believe it when she was talking about photoshopping her own pictures & as if they are going to replace the turf in the garden before they go!
To be fair some builders use really cheap gloss that yellows and never do enough coats of white emulsion on the walls so they do look tatty quite quickly. We bought a new build nearly 18 months ago and our gloss was yellow within 9 months but we’ve repainted everywhere and reglossed. Something she should’ve done before putting it up for sale!

Reactions: 1
It’s always about what SHE wants , never mind her parents, or Ella, or even Lee for that matter! She’s highly highly selfish.
Her spontaneous ‘let’s sell up and move’ decision this month (!) has clearly not been discussed thoroughly with her parents. They certainly won’t be as manic or impatient as her, plus they are older so will need more time.

oh yes Ella is always the forgotten one, poor girl. the way she’s favorited Milo over the years compared to her is appalling.

Reactions: 9
To be fair some builders use really cheap gloss that yellows and never do enough coats of white emulsion on the walls so they do look tatty quite quickly. We bought a new build nearly 18 months ago and our gloss was yellow within 9 months but we’ve repainted everywhere and reglossed. Something she should’ve done before putting it up for sale!
Yep! Mine’s a Persimmon new build - the gloss has gone yellow and must be very plastic based as it peels off in strips!

I also saw her say that the parents would be moving in with her brother?! Why not just wait until everyone is secure...? I’d never do that to my parents? I honestly believe she trying to move before her friends house is built. Like I’ve said before, she has some great qualities but goddamn if she isn’t willing to throw everyone under bus out of envy!

Yep! Mine’s a Persimmon new build - the gloss has gone yellow and must be very plastic based as it peels off in strips!
That’s not great. Our new build is almost 5 years old & the woodwork looks white still, I think our developer must have used a water based paint though.
More thought goes into moving surely, I know we’ve deliberated for months over finances, movement in the market & then preparing the house to sell, you can only stage a house so much. I can’t wait to see the pictures when it is listed, will be interesting to see if the bar & pool in the back garden are shown.
Maybe they are making the most of the stamp duty holiday but the plan was always to move at the end of next year, surely that’s when they would be looking to remortgage or sell up & go their separate ways? Something just isn’t right in that house at the moment. Not helped that her friend Caz is building their own place, she always seems like the poorer friend playing catch up, like with her car.
Really feel for Ella, she needs so stability in this uncertain climate.

Reactions: 5
That’s not great. Our new build is almost 5 years old & the woodwork looks white still, I think our developer must have used a water based paint though.
More thought goes into moving surely, I know we’ve deliberated for months over finances, movement in the market & then preparing the house to sell, you can only stage a house so much. I can’t wait to see the pictures when it is listed, will be interesting to see if the bar & pool in the back garden are shown.
Maybe they are making the most of the stamp duty holiday but the plan was always to move at the end of next year, surely that’s when they would be looking to remortgage or sell up & go their separate ways? Something just isn’t right in that house at the moment. Not helped that her friend Caz is building their own place, she always seems like the poorer friend playing catch up, like with her car.
Be intresting to see what happens to Ella when she turns 16 or 18 and no longer has to live 50% of the time with them, see if she still stays around or if Mik wants to ship her off

Reactions: 9
The patchy paint on the walls is from where she half arsed “patches it up” when she’s taken pictures down and things. She never paints a full wall lol. The yellow gloss is just what the builders use. I have a new build and ours did the same after a year or so. I reckon they never bothered with decoration etc. Because they weren’t planning on living there more than 5 years

You can see why her parents are seemingly crappy about the whole thing, not helping, can’t store more in the garage, she’s kicking them out to her brothers before they’re ready. The parents are probably happy for it not to sell and to stay put until their agreed 5 years. What a disaster the whole thing will have been.

Reactions: 10
I don't understand why Ella always gets the smallest bedroom. When talking about the new house in the vlog today she says about the third bedroom being for Ella. Why can't milo, being the youngest, have the small room? That would make you feel really crappy if you're the child who has a different dad and you're the oldest but you're always shoved in the box room. I remember when they went on holiday and Milo had the huge bed in the hotel and Ella had to sleep on a sofa.

Also, in the comments I noticed she'd replied to someone to say that her parents will be putting all their stuff into storage and are moving in with her brother! Wait, what? So now her poor parents will be squeezed in with her brother instead.
I‘m fairly new to this channel, but if Ella has a different dad I assume she spends some nights/weekends with him? Maybe the thinking is that if Milo is living at the house full time then he should have a bigger room whereas Ella is splitting her time so her room can be slightly smaller? I don’t have kids so I don’t know if this would be considered fair but if this is the reason behind it I understand the thought process.

All this sudden move seems odd, she’s doing it whilst her parents are away and then they’re moving in with her brother.... reckon something’s kicked off!

Reactions: 7
Exactly. It’s the hair, the car, the house, the designer bags....she’s always one (Hundred) steps behind

Reactions: 6
You can see why her parents are seemingly crappy about the whole thing, not helping, can’t store more in the garage, she’s kicking them out to her brothers before they’re ready. The parents are probably happy for it not to sell and to stay put until their agreed 5 years. What a disaster the whole thing will have been.
I hope no one wants to see inside the garage!

• Haha
The whole point of the 5 year thing was to wait until her parents retired and they'd be able to then buy somewhere. So presumably they have another year until they retire if she's wanting to move this year instead of next. That's really selfish of her if she's bailing out before they're ready to.

Reactions: 6
The whole point of the 5 year thing was to wait until her parents retired and they'd be able to then buy somewhere. So presumably they have another year until they retire if she's wanting to move this year instead of next. That's really selfish of her if she's bailing out before they're ready to.
I’m sure she recently said her mum had a job interview...

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.