Mikhila McDaid (Miss Budgetbeauty)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never watch her vlogs but wanted to hear the accent change and WOAH you guys weren't exaggerating.

That accent switch is something I usually hear with people who are bi/multi lingual or speaking a very local dialect. Like a Scot or something. She's not the first person to dilute their accent but it's usually a change in phrasing when around people who aren't from the same place - not a whole accent transplant! She was still perfectly understandable so not sure why she can't use her real voice all the time.

Even some YouTubers, you scroll to their first video and hear them speaking more pronounced and softer because they're still quite shy about it all but Mikhila has a whole different accent that she's kept up for years.

Also this isn't her first vlog so why does it seem to be the first time her real voice has slipped out?

I'm so intrigued lol.

Reactions: 2
Seems they’ve had the pictures taken of the house. Can’t wait to see how it looks.
Never seen anyone so confident about selling a house, let alone in this climate.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I never watch her vlogs but wanted to hear the accent change and WOAH you guys weren't exaggerating.

That accent switch is something I usually hear with people who are bi/multi lingual or speaking a very local dialect. Like a Scot or something. She's not the first person to dilute their accent but it's usually a change in phrasing when around people who aren't from the same place - not a whole accent transplant! She was still perfectly understandable so not sure why she can't use her real voice all the time.

Even some YouTubers, you scroll to their first video and hear them speaking more pronounced and softer because they're still quite shy about it all but Mikhila has a whole different accent that she's kept up for years.

Also this isn't her first vlog so why does it seem to be the first time her real voice has slipped out?

I'm so intrigued lol.
I’ve been stood next to her in the supermarket before (she had the jazzy Victoria secret leggings on and she was with milo) and she really does talk in a proper
Donny accent, I’ve always found the posher accent off putting haha so was nice to hear her talk normally for me lol

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Yeah you're right it did look awful. Why does she suddenly want to experiment with colours? Why can't she just be satisfied to be blonde if that's what the whole thing was about?

Had to laugh at her accent in the video. It was completely different! Like a different person speaking. What's up with that?
It's her real accent I'm guessing, I live quite close to her and it's a Donny accent. The accent she uses on is her 'posh' YT is fake. In her older vids she has a Donny accent.
I’ve been stood next to her in the supermarket before (she had the jazzy Victoria secret leggings on and she was with milo) and she really does talk in a proper
Donny accent, I’ve always found the posher accent off putting haha so was nice to hear her talk normally for me lol
Yep I have heard her talk too ( at Meadowhall of course) - her YT accent is put on, she is as fake as her brassy hair :sneaky:

• Haha
I get the impression that the minute her and her parents go their separate ways they won’t ever see them again! She never seems to make any effort to spend time with them now, they didn’t even eat Christmas dinner together despite living under the same roof as them. That still actually shocks me to be honest, for us Christmas a time for family?!

Reactions: 9
I get the impression that the minute her and her parents go their separate ways they won’t ever see them again! She never seems to make any effort to spend time with them now, they didn’t even eat Christmas dinner together despite living under the same roof as them. That still actually shocks me to be honest, for us Christmas a time for family?!
It's weird how you never hear her mention that her mum or dad cooked for them, or when she's shown herself making meals she never mentions making some for her mum and dad as well. It's all completely separate. She's never said she'd been out to the shops with her mum or had a coffee or watched a film. It's the oddest thing. I feel like there's some serious underlying tensions hence the wanting to move this year instead of next. It's like she can't get out of there fast enough all of a sudden.

Reactions: 1
I liked how her hair looked immediately after having it done but it looked a frazzled mess in the IG TV earlier on? That’s like one day later?

Also, why does she not speak to the hairdresser about what she wants? I simply go into my hairdresser, tell her what I want, she tells me if it’s possible or not and then we go for it. She seemed almost scared of having a conversation with the stylist? I have my regular stylist but I’m glad to know which salon to avoid in Doncaster from now on....

Reactions: 3
The house tour:
1. How the hell has she got to 34 years old and still can’t properly make a bed? All of the beds she showed in the vlog were a mess!
2. She was so proud of the living room and it still looked stupid. Like it just looks temporary with all of the odd furniture and stupid amounts of Kallax.
3. The patchy paint! In most of the rooms, you can really see where she’s half arsed painted over where she has taken a picture down or whatever. Just paint the whole wall! It’s white paint, it’s not difficult!
4. Why would you leave all of the wardrobes in your bedroom as part of the sale of the house?! Ikea PAX wardrobes will not be a selling point!
5. The hallways! Stop trying to convince yourself that having cabinets everywhere make it look nice and tidy...it doesn’t! It just looks cluttered!

I honestly could go on but for gods sake! She’s like a child playing house 😂

Reactions: 9
As if ANYONE would think her cheap oversized Ikea wardrobe is a 'selling point' 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
As if ANYONE would think her cheap oversized Ikea wardrobe is a 'selling point' 🤣 🤣 🤣
I know right! I was like 🙈 for gods sake woman what is wrong with you! Like fair enough if they’d had bespoke wardrobes fitted but no just the ikea PAX that’s she built 😂

I know right! I was like 🙈 for gods sake woman what is wrong with you! Like fair enough if they’d had bespoke wardrobes fitted but no just the ikea PAX that’s she built 😂
Them wardrobes are so deep they make the room even smaller. Some slim-line custom made wardrobes that fit from ceiling to floor, that slide possibly to would look so much better!

New to the thread! 👋
Firstly wtf is the accent change at the hairdressers about? SO bizzare, even if it’s her real accent it sounds like she’s doing it to take the piss out of the hairdresser 🙃😂

also we put our house on the market in June and sold in 3 weeks for £5k over asking price. We were declined a mortgage with 1 lender and waiting to hear back from a 2nd lender so they’re not giving out mortgages easily AT ALL. she’s living in a dream world if she thinks she’ll be sold and moved in a few months.

Reactions: 5
New to the thread! 👋
Firstly wtf is the accent change at the hairdressers about? SO bizzare, even if it’s her real accent it sounds like she’s doing it to take the piss out of the hairdresser 🙃😂

also we put our house on the market in June and sold in 3 weeks for £5k over asking price. We were declined a mortgage with 1 lender and waiting to hear back from a 2nd lender so they’re not giving out mortgages easily AT ALL. she’s living in a dream world if she thinks she’ll be sold and moved in a few months.
Hello!
I’m from Leeds (West Yorkshire), she’s from Doncaster and that is legit the accent from that area/sough Yorkshire. Her “normal” voice you hear in her videos is like her customer voice lol. So yeah she wasn’t taking the piss out of the hairdresser but I know exactly what you mean.

I LOL everytime she says she's looking forward to 'Christmas Movies' (she never says never films of course) in her new house this year....OH KHILA YOU ARE FUNNY

Not defending her as her accent on YouTube is obviously fake,but to me this is the same as having a 'posh phone voice'
Yeah that's how I took it but that's why I compared it to YouTubers sounding all soft spoken and well pronounced in old videos then sounding different because surely, you'd get more comfortable over time and relax? I'm just shocked she kept up her "telephone" voice for so long!

Reactions: 1
I tone my accent down when I’m speaking with people from a different country. I’ve had Americans and Australians not understand my northern accent. But I don’t think hers is particularly hard to understand or thick, I quite liked it.

Her house looked really quite miserable in that tour. Poorly made beds, patchy paint, parents ‘corridor’ crammed with stuff, empty radiator cover shelves, at least put a couple of candles there, faux plant, little picture frames. I don’t know. And more kallax boxes than I realised!

They’ve not made the place homely at all. I can see why she’s looking forward to somewhere to make her own. It’ll still be a state like!

Reactions: 5
It’s not a selling feature if it comes from Ikea... and how did milo end up with the second largest bedroom

she’s not going to be living within her means, and why does Ella get the 3rd bedroom? They’ve not even seen any in person yet? She has an obsessive personality where she just fixates on one specific thing and then the next

Two Taco Bells in two days and she wonders why her skin is bad

Also she’s now saying they’ll get a mortgage with a 10% House deposit rather then 15% deposit which means she can go for a house that needs renovating ? Whereas with a 15% deposit they’d have no money left at all and it’s be really tight. Does she realise how much renovations cost ?! We’ve spent 70k on renovations in the last 3 years and our house is still half finished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.