Mikhila McDaid #4 Mikhallax & Shane cant stop spending, seems like Vlogmas is never ending

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm pretty certain she said her parents only owned a 25% share of the house, presumably all deposit. I doubt though Mik & Lee had that in savings so probably had to up the mortgage still.

She’s trolling us all after we said she would make a wall out of Kallax on the landing, she’s going to use Billy bookcases instead 😂
Khila, I hate to tell you this but clue is in the title...it’s a bookcase so not really ideal storage for bedding and towels 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Billy bookcases are way too narrow to store bedding! She could get an ottoman style bed for extra storage. Or ideally wait a bit and see where everything goes with the current furniture, declutter more, then plan new storage.

Reactions: 6
Why does she need so much storage for bedding anyway? Especially when she only washes and changes her set once a year.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Why does she need so much storage for bedding anyway? Especially when she only washes and changes her set once a year.
Well this is what I was thinking, we have 3 sets, one for Christmas/the winter and 2 others, we wash and dry them all the time, I know kids will have more but surely she could declutter some too? Give them to an animal shelter? She honestly has stuff bursting at the seams, I’d love her to be really honest that she’s spent to try and fix it but that’s not worked and never was going too so now she’s going minimalist and only has things she needs for now (she’s got to be back in debt) when they get their first energy bill as a couple she’s in for a shock

Reactions: 4
I don’t know why she needs to clog up the landing with storage for towels/bedding when they have an airing cupboard! She needs to fill space where space doesn’t need to be filled. It’s also making me laugh that we’re more than a week after her hair video where she said she was cutting it so she could style it more and NOTHING. It looks worse now than before she cut it!

Reactions: 7
Why are the radiators so tiny in that house? Is it because new builds are well insulated and big rads aren't really needed?
She's running away with herself again in today's vlog. Can't wait to have her own cleaning cupboard. In the next vlog she'll have created a new obstacle course on that landing with whatever 'storage' she's planning because she can't wait to plan it out properly and practically.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If she shelved the airing cupboard she’d get loads in! I live in a new build with no storage ( and no garage) I use my airing cupboard for towels, cleaning stuff for upstairs, husbands tools. We have an ottoman bed for bedding and seasonal clothes and then we boarded half the loft for everything else! Our spare room has the large malm drawers for bits and bobs. You have to get creative when you have no storage 😂

But I would never have Kallax or a billy for storage.

Is she forgetting she has a whole room spare??? Why not put the bedding in there? Instead of buying tons of clothes and storing them on top of the wardrobes declutter, clear out all the stuff you don’t need and then she’d be left with loads of space in those units. More than enough for a few bed sets. Not going to lie I used to just buy cheap stuff mainly because I couldn’t afford nicer stuff and didn’t want to save for it (much the same as Khila) but the older I’ve gotten (30+ 😩) I’ve started investing. Before Christmas I bought an expensive (to me) bedding set. I died a little inside however it’s so lovely to sleep on, washes well and I can wash, dry and put it back on the same day. Also means in my titchy house I don’t need to store things and I’m not replacing things constantly because they’re broken or worn out. Why clutter up the hallway? I don’t get it. They’re a family of 4 in a 4 bed house with an outside room and a garage. How much storage do you need?

Reactions: 9
Why does she need a ‘closet’ room when she wears nothing but stained trackies? I’m guessing she needs the extra storage to hold the style books she couldn’t sell

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I was watching an episode of Kirsty and Phil love it or list it, and the couple were talking about building an upstairs extension to fit another bedroom. Kirsty told them not to do that and firstly to declutter and redecorate.

Instead of buying more storage units, Khila needs to do that a mass declutter and then decide what she needs

Reactions: 9
If she shelved the airing cupboard she’d get loads in! I live in a new build with no storage ( and no garage) I use my airing cupboard for towels, cleaning stuff for upstairs, husbands tools. We have an ottoman bed for bedding and seasonal clothes and then we boarded half the loft for everything else! Our spare room has the large malm drawers for bits and bobs. You have to get creative when you have no storage 😂

But I would never have Kallax or a billy for storage.
Me too, I also have 2 children and a tiny box room as a spare room. I would be decluttering before adding new bits of storage. The thing with little storage is making sure you regularly declutter & not add extra furniture to house what is otherwise rubbish.

So once upon a time when I quite liked her, she was BANGING on about this jumpsuit (she’s wearing on her IG today). She said it was the jumpsuit of dreams, soooo flattering etc. I hunted one down in H&M - bought it and it’s so unflattering I couldn’t wear it out, I was too embarrassed 😂 there’s an elastic right in your middle and it makes you look really lumpy and then it’s see through- so you can see pants through it!
She’s on her 3rd one now 🤣

Why are the radiators so tiny in that house? Is it because new builds are well insulated and big rads aren't really needed?
She's running away with herself again in today's vlog. Can't wait to have her own cleaning cupboard. In the next vlog she'll have created a new obstacle course on that landing with whatever 'storage' she's planning because she can't wait to plan it out properly and practically.
She sounds how I was when I finally moved out of shared student accommodation and into a flat with just me and my partner, so excited for the most mundane things cause they’d just be *ours*

HOWEVER I was living with a crazy girl who left her dirty tampons on the floor (yes really), not my own parents... so 💀

I think what other people have said is totally true, she’s gonna have a big shock when she realises this hasn’t magically solved all of her problems!

• Sick
  • Wow
She’s using the dining table as a garden table 🤦🏼‍♀️ And there is no chance she’s going to keep up with a garden, she’ll buy fake trees, flowers and grass when she realises how time consuming it is!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
She’s on her stories talking about potentially having ADHD. 😬 she thought it was just restless due to ‘the big move’

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She’s giving Milo “coffee” no!!! Get him a bed and give him some water! Is her game wear the same sweatshirt until it’s minging and goes in the bin? Like yes you can wear the same jumper without washing it but maybe give it some air time!!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.