Miguel Barclay (One Pound Meals)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess from the sales and advances from his books? They seem to be pretty popular. I’m not sure if his wife is famous?

Reactions: 1
He stories SO much I had to mute him it was ridiculous! I feel like I missed an explanation somewhere along the line how it can be £1 a meal? Like a bottle of soy sauce is more than £1, yes once you’ve bought it you don’t have to buy it again but the outlay counts?

Maybe I’m just grumpy and bitter!?

Reactions: 3
He stories SO much I had to mute him it was ridiculous! I feel like I missed an explanation somewhere along the line how it can be £1 a meal? Like a bottle of soy sauce is more than £1, yes once you’ve bought it you don’t have to buy it again but the outlay counts?

Maybe I’m just grumpy and bitter!?
Yes I agree ! I think they’re a lovely family but sometimes I wish he’d just put his phone down and enjoy a date with his wife he literally has to story every little thing that happens . We don’t need you to film yourself ordering a burger 😅 I can’t resist watching his stories though Charlie is adorable.

I like him but he does irritate me a bit. His recipe books have genuinely saved me this year when I've had some money troubles, I think they're great, and after the initial outlay the recipes are very cheap, but many of them aren't full meals and are more like side dishes. Jack Monroe does cheap meals much better.
He obviously has money and can spend it as he wants but it just doesn't fit with the One Pound Meals persona, which is why he changed his insta handle I guess. He once did a set of stories looking for a pair of trainers, he was pulling boxes out from everywhere and had trainers he had forgotten he'd bought that had never been worn, it all seemed a bit excessive.
He films Charlie way too much, a baby does not need his own insta page and we do not need to know about his explosive nappies etc. He overshares just as much as the parenting influencers do

Reactions: 2
Just started following. He seems really lovely and very positive given the current situation. A couple of the recipes he’s posted recently I have the ingredients for so going to give them a go. 😋 his son is cute but feel like he does post a lot of stories of him and feel like you need to be careful posting so much of your children publicly on social media these days. Too many dodgers about.

Ah, I really like him (although I don't always watch all of his stories as they can be a bit MUCH). I really like his books - the recipes are a heck of a lot tastier than Jack Monroe's, and his books make sense, like if you buy e.g. a block of feta, it's used in several recipes and not just one, so nothing is wasted.

Ah, I really like him (although I don't always watch all of his stories as they can be a bit MUCH). I really like his books - the recipes are a heck of a lot tastier than Jack Monroe's, and his books make sense, like if you buy e.g. a block of feta, it's used in several recipes and not just one, so nothing is wasted.
I made one of his recipes he shared on Insta the other day and it was so tasty! 😋 Might need to look into getting his books someday.

I like him and watch his Stories regularly. I do wonder though... he’s writing a new book at the moment which seems to involve just thinking up a recipe on the spot and typing it up. Is there no recipe testing involved? I’m clueless about the process of writing a cookbook but even a pro like Nigella tests her recipes during the writing process (going by her Insta). Makes me wonder what his next book will be like if none of it has been tested!

I like him and watch his Stories regularly. I do wonder though... he’s writing a new book at the moment which seems to involve just thinking up a recipe on the spot and typing it up. Is there no recipe testing involved? I’m clueless about the process of writing a cookbook but even a pro like Nigella tests her recipes during the writing process (going by her Insta). Makes me wonder what his next book will be like if none of it has been tested!
He does test his recipes I’ve seen stories of him doing it before but I think until books are announced he has to be a bit careful about what he puts on his insta ? Like when he mentions recipe writing he never actually shows the recipes etc. Otherwise, I absolutely love him. I think he’s quite a genuine person and I’ve got 3 of his books. I’m gutted for him that Miguel’s pizza isn’t going to be happening any time soon and the issues he’s having with “san Miguel” 😱.

He does test his recipes I’ve seen stories of him doing it before but I think until books are announced he has to be a bit careful about what he puts on his insta ? Like when he mentions recipe writing he never actually shows the recipes etc. Otherwise, I absolutely love him. I think he’s quite a genuine person and I’ve got 3 of his books. I’m gutted for him that Miguel’s pizza isn’t going to be happening any time soon and the issues he’s having with “san Miguel” 😱.
Ah that makes sense. I remember when he did his last book he did a lot of cooking. Maybe he’s being a bit low-key this time as I don’t think he’s mentioned yet what the next one is about? He comes across a really nice guy. That San Miguel thing is ridiculous. I really can’t see them getting far with that! You can’t have dibs on a name surely?!

This is on amazon but yesterday he said they were changing direction and this would be the book after, so not sure what he'll be focusing on this time
Screenshot_20200417-170528_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Ah that makes sense. I remember when he did his last book he did a lot of cooking. Maybe he’s being a bit low-key this time as I don’t think he’s mentioned yet what the next one is about? He comes across a really nice guy. That San Miguel thing is ridiculous. I really can’t see them getting far with that! You can’t have dibs on a name surely?!
I dunno, Hugo boss recently sent a load of cease and desist letters to businesses with either Hugo or boss in their names. It’s criminal. It’s LITERALLY his name, how can they tell him he can’t use it for his business 🙈

I dunno, Hugo boss recently sent a load of cease and desist letters to businesses with either Hugo or boss in their names. It’s criminal. It’s LITERALLY his name, how can they tell him he can’t use it for his business 🙈
I heard about this! The comedian Joe Lycett officially changed his name to Hugo Boss by Deed Poll in response (but has since changed back) which is bloody brilliant 🤣

• Haha
I’m going to sound so petty but the lip-smacking when he eats on his Stories goes right through me 😖

I’m going to sound so petty but the lip-smacking when he eats on his Stories goes right through me 😖
Omg yes, I agree.

I actually really like him and find him funny but think he overshares a bit.

Has anyone seen his recent stories about the food awards he’s judging but isn’t allowed to talk about? Yet mentions it literally every day and films himself answering the door to packages of the food he’s judging and shows what food it is. But then always says it’s secret 😂

I quite like his wife too and am jealous of her as she doesn’t seem to work anymore.