Miguel Barclay (One Pound Meals)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has been disappointed over the last few days. I've followed him for a long time but had to unfollow yesterday when he showed them blatantly disregarding social distancing guideline. Very irresponsible when you have a large following. My children haven't had a cuddle from their grandparents in 3 months.

Reactions: 2
I unfollowed him recently. So many Instagrammers are producing interesting content during lockdown. He could be filming himself cooking. His One Pound Meals recipes would be great to film at the moment with many people on 80% wages or facing redundancy. There’s only so many times I can watch someone film their daily afternoon nap and answer the door to endless packages. I’ve also had my eyes open to what actually goes into an influencer writing a cookbook, which seems to be no cooking whatsoever.

Reactions: 9
I unfollowed him recently. So many Instagrammers are producing interesting content during lockdown. He could be filming himself cooking. His One Pound Meals recipes would be great to film at the moment with many people on 80% wages or facing redundancy. There’s only so many times I can watch someone film their daily afternoon nap and answer the door to endless packages. I’ve also had my eyes open to what actually goes into an influencer writing a cookbook, which seems to be no cooking whatsoever.
Agreed, he could be posting budget meals which would be so beneficial just now. It just seems to be the same thing over and over at the moment. Charlie running wild (he is a cutie though) and their afternoon naps with the odd sneaky filming of Lucy who should look much more annoyed than she does

I always think he should leave her alone when she’s doing Joe Wicks, he does film a bit too much! She puts up with him filming everything very well.
How old is Charlie? He’s going to be wild if they don’t start to tell him off soon
I agree !He’s the same age as Joe Wicks’ daughter , turning 2 next month/ August.

As has been said he clearly has no money worries so would have no concept of people buying his books because they don't have much money (which is why I bought them as I think I said upthread) He's never spoken about writing these books out of necessity so I'd imagine he hasn't experienced that. As I said before his lifestyle doesn't match his USP.
To be fair to him he does normally cook the recipes he thinks of to see if it works so I'd imagine it's just because of lockdown he isn't, although he does still go out every day so could still buy ingredients!
I do like the sound of the idea he spoke about today, which will hopefully be of benefit to young people in his area

I have to agree with lots of the recent comments here! I did like him a lot and used to watch his stories everyday but they’ve just started to come across as really lazy. Like he’s done well to achieve what he has and I’m assuming there was hard work involved there, but the daily naps, unsupervised child and quite dirty looking house all make the pair of them seem lazy.

I could be wrong but Lucey in particular seems like she can literally do what she wants with her time but never seems to be doing anything productive. Maybe I’m just jealous!

Reactions: 3
I have to agree with lots of the recent comments here! I did like him a lot and used to watch his stories everyday but they’ve just started to come across as really lazy. Like he’s done well to achieve what he has and I’m assuming there was hard work involved there, but the daily naps, unsupervised child and quite dirty looking house all make the pair of them seem lazy.

I could be wrong but Lucey in particular seems like she can literally do what she wants with her time but never seems to be doing anything productive. Maybe I’m just jealous!
100% agree with you.

The house is a tip

Reactions: 4
I couldn’t nap every day like he does ! Most people have too much to do all day it doesn’t make sense ! I only nap in the day if I’m really really sick 🤒 Obviously most people are at work or working !

Reactions: 1
100% agree with you.

The house is a tip
I’ve followed for about a year and a half. I like them both and Lucey comes across as really nice and chilled. But the kid is definitely feral and needs some parental guidance. Charlie starting to come across as an arrogant child that can get away with doing whatever he wants. He’s not even 2 fgs! The house.....I would be embarrassed to show it as more often than not it looks dirty and messy. Has he really made that much money that affords them a £1m plus house? Does Lucey work? When I first followed she had only just had Charlie so assumed she was on mat leave. I don’t get what she does with her day.

When I started following them I too wondered what Lucey does and after a Google search it looks like she works or worked at the Royal Air Force Musuem as an events manager.But not sure she still works ?

I liked him and used his dhal recipe. He then had a comp to win like £200 Sainsbury’s vouchers... and I won! So I really liked him.

Then a new company called Pasta Evangelists used his pics and I tagged him or something and he never acknowledged me so I thought ‘duck ya then’ and have not looked at his page since (maybe 3 years ago now)

• Haha
When I started following them I too wondered what Lucey does and after a Google search it looks like she works or worked at the Royal Air Force Musuem as an events manager.But not sure she still works ?
I wondered if she was on maternity leave but I think it’s gone past that stage If that’s what she was doing. Maybe an old job.

Interesting I’ve just googled him and it’s come up that his first name is Pablo he’s never mentioned that I don’t think 🤔 interesting as he’s in legal wranglings with San Miguel’s about his name for his Pizzas 🍕

• Wow
Interesting I’ve just googled him and it’s come up that his first name is Pablo he’s never mentioned that I don’t think 🤔 interesting as he’s in legal wranglings with San Miguel’s about his name for his Pizzas 🍕
Wait what ? Miguel isn’t even his name?! I feel cheated 🤣

He used to work in fashion didn't he? He brought crocs to the masses and was in some influential top 100 or something in a fashion mag, sorry my memory is rubbish! Not sure how he started cooking

• Wow
Wait what ? Miguel isn’t even his name?! I feel cheated 🤣
It’s Pablo Miguel Barclay

I liked him and used his dhal recipe. He then had a comp to win like £200 Sainsbury’s vouchers... and I won! So I really liked him.

Then a new company called Pasta Evangelists used his pics and I tagged him or something and he never acknowledged me so I thought ‘duck ya then’ and have not looked at his page since (maybe 3 years ago now)
He never responds to any messages - quite rude I think.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5