Miguel Barclay (One Pound Meals)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did he release the latest “podcast” episode that he was talking about a couple of weeks ago? Could someone please link?

I can’t help but think he’d get a lot more done if he wasn’t doing it all one -handed but maybe that’s just me!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think Lucy is so lazy I mean what does she do…
he does everything she doesn’t do shopping cleaning All she does is buy shoes

Reactions: 2
I actually had a dream the other night that I stayed over at Miguel's house 🤣 I thought Charlie's bedroom was the bathroom and woke him up by turning the light on. Oops!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I just do not get why he posts stories like this 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 Edit: The link won't work, totally understand why. But it was just him talking to some random and looking up his nose.

I think there is something slightly jarring about him releasing cookbooks on one pound meals while clearly being incredibly well off. They always have obviously expensive clothes on.

Reactions: 2
I think there is something slightly jarring about him releasing cookbooks on one pound meals while clearly being incredibly well off. They always have obviously expensive clothes on.
I think it’s part of the point though. It’s not tit food from disgusting ingredients for paupers because they can’t afford to eat decent stuff. It’s just good food for everyone that happens to be cheap.
You’re not going to get someone with money washing 20p beans and eating value sausages or substituting mince beef for porridge oats like Bootstrap or other bargain cooks would have you do. He uses decent ingredients that don’t have questionable origins or health implications in a creative way that anyone would be happy to eat.

At least I think.

Reactions: 10
I think it’s part of the point though. It’s not tit food from disgusting ingredients for paupers because they can’t afford to eat decent stuff. It’s just good food for everyone that happens to be cheap.
You’re not going to get someone with money washing 20p beans and eating value sausages or substituting mince beef for porridge oats like Bootstrap or other bargain cooks would have you do. He uses decent ingredients that don’t have questionable origins or health implications in a creative way that anyone would be happy to eat.

At least I think.
That's definitely his angle - it's well thought out, tasty food that costs £1 per portion. I've made lots of his dishes and they have all been delicious, easy and low cost. I imagine he has been absolutely hooting with laughter at the inedible hoop rinsing nonsense JM has shared recently.

Reactions: 6

At least I think.
I suppose I hadn't thought about it from that point of view. It is good ingredients.

Reactions: 3
Looks Like Jamie Oliver has stolen Miguel’s idea ! Must be annoying someone as big as Jamie has jumped on the bandwagon and stolen the one pound meal idea !

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Anyone want to know why Ian Monday is always on the phone? Nope...just me lol. I love Miguel's Insta 👍

Also he has made enough money for sure that it doesn't matter if he's famous and/or richer for sure. The Jamie Oliver bits are 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4