Miguel Barclay (One Pound Meals)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched his stories from today - up at 430am giggling with Charlie at Sponge Bob, out for sushi together and then taking Charlie to a business meeting with him

I challenge you to show me a more wholesome pair of buddies than Miguel and Charlie 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I just bought his vegan one pound meals book, it's excellent. I don't use insta so I don't see any of his content on there.

Reactions: 2
He went to the Lanesborough last night on #datenight. I have only licked the windows there on my walks around London so can’t really comment but his dover sole cost £54.

Looked amazing and he still is hilarious thinking he looks like the TS.

He went to the Lanesborough last night on #datenight. I have only licked the windows there on my walks around London so can’t really comment but his dover sole cost £54.

Looked amazing and he still is hilarious thinking he looks like the TS.
I like him but it’s a bit uncomfortable to watch when he’s on tv etc promoting how to cook on a budget but has a lavish lifestyle 🤔

Reactions: 7
Does anyone know what happened to the new flat they were suppose to be living in… the one where he wheeled the tv around?

Reactions: 2
Tbh it wouldn't bother me if he was a millionaire. Jamie has done a low cost cookbook and he's worth 150 million. Miguel's books are brilliant. The recipes are easy and I wish I had bought them ages ago rather than wasting my cash on another food bloggers (shite) books. Ones that I wasted my cash on and didn't cook a single recipe from

I'm not a bad cook. I'm actually a decent cook but I've got myself into a major food rut lately. I only have two of his books. The vegan one and the green one but most use 5 ingredients tops and they are so easy to cook

My mum has both these books as well and she's never been a confident cook at all but she's cooking from his books and she's enjoying it

For context I've got books by other people and I have recently bought other people's books too but if these books save me a few quid and get me cooking again it will be worth it

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Tbh it wouldn't bother me if he was a millionaire. Jamie has done a low cost cookbook and he's worth 150 million. Miguel's books are brilliant. The recipes are easy and I wish I had bought them ages ago rather than wasting my cash on another food bloggers (shite) books. Ones that I wasted my cash on and didn't cook a single recipe from
I agree, his books are excellent. Really easy and inventive recipes. If he goes out for a fancy dinner now and then it's fair play to him as far as I'm concerned. He's just well into food, whether it's something expensive or just the latest Pret sandwich or a greasy burger.

I would bloody love to know what happened about the flat though!

I agree, his books are excellent. Really easy and inventive recipes. If he goes out for a fancy dinner now and then it's fair play to him as far as I'm concerned. He's just well into food, whether it's something expensive or just the latest Pret sandwich or a greasy burger.

I would bloody love to know what happened about the flat though!
I do have insta but it's been that long since I've used it I've forgotten the password and am having a nightmare getting back in

I actually only know of Miguel through the Jack Monroe threads
The vegan book is brilliant. I have one of the bosh vegan books and the food looks amazing but they use a lot of ingredients

Miguel's books are great because they use five or six ingredients per recipe

Reactions: 1
I agree he doesn’t brag about how much money he has - he’s very low key (all the diy etc) when he can clearly afford to get things done properly by a skilled tradesperson. He sold his company some years ago for millions.
I am totally invested in this mystery flat. They went there a few days ago.

Also totally invested in Lucey’s shopping habit.

I could watch him on Instagram all day. Probably the best thing on there at the moment, really interesting to see the background to him working and just the chaos of life.

Reactions: 6
I love the fact Charley just gets to eat normal food and treats like ice cream not like some other Insta wankers
I’m still gutted I went to his pizza place in Camden and it was closed 🥲🥲
He is about the only person on Instagram that I don’t find annoying 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ask him about his flat. He always reads and replies to Instagram messages 😜

Anyone else that thinks is insta stories are sooo boring atm. Not even fussed about watching them anymore.

You can't deny he's very likeable guy. But I don't understand why he films himself being served in shops and restaurants. Like that camera angle where he holds his phone low and basically films up his nose.

Doesn’t look like he checks his stories did anyone see the one where he was watching Charlie climb the tv and Lucey had a massive go at him 😬

He’s set up a new account to document his house search. Plus he’s planning to build an extension by himself 😬