Miguel Barclay (One Pound Meals)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel sorry for whoever is going to buy his house with all the botched diy he’s doing to it 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I feel sorry for whoever is going to buy his house with all the botched diy he’s doing to it 😬
Maybe they agreed to buy the house if he fixed those issues - tho they probably assumed it'd be professionally done 🙈
I assumed once the sale had been agreed, you shouldn't make changes to the house (I haven't bought or sold a house yet tho so idk)

I love that he gifted his son and family a copy of his new book tho I expected him to have signed it

Reactions: 2
His house is a bodge job but i can relate, having done a load of shoddy patching up to sell my house in the past!

I love that he'll have a go at any house jobs even if he's a bit clueless, as well as cooking, running his business and appearing to do his fair share of childcare and housework. He seems to me to be a really good bloke. Might treat myself to his book 😁

Reactions: 7
His house is a bodge job but i can relate, having done a load of shoddy patching up to sell my house in the past!

I love that he'll have a go at any house jobs even if he's a bit clueless, as well as cooking, running his business and appearing to do his fair share of childcare and housework. He seems to me to be a really good bloke. Might treat myself to his book 😁
Yeah I kinda love that too, he can obviously afford to get someone in but gives it a go! Cried when I saw Charlie had broken his toy guitar in less than 24 hours 😂

• Haha
No one else wondering why they still haven’t properly moved yet, what’s the point of having the other flat?

He’s just posted on stories that the house sale fell through… I wonder if his shoddy work on it came up in a survey and that’s why he’s now trying to do more fixing. They clearly have money to burn if they can keep their short term rental on the go too!

He’s just posted on stories that the house sale fell through… I wonder if his shoddy work on it came up in a survey and that’s why he’s now trying to do more fixing. They clearly have money to burn if they can keep their short term rental on the go too!
Yeah they have a lot of money so why not just pay someone to fix the problems? It's a bit crappy to do a shoddy job and leave it for the next person to deal with

Reactions: 5
Yeah they have a lot of money so why not just pay someone to fix the problems? It's a bit crappy to do a shoddy job and leave it for the next person to deal with
Because then there wouldn't be any money left for Lucey's expensive clothes and Miguel's All Saints jeans 😆

• Haha
Looks like he reads there then 😂

To be fair he's doing a decent job on those windows. I've spent a lot of money on professionals digging out rot from sash windows and filling them the same as he is doing. Although totally bonkers to leave the window opening empty all night in January. Between the noise and the cold that must have been a terrible night's sleep! 🤣

Reactions: 1
My understanding is that he comes from quite a privileged background but an article I read recently about him made him sound like he had nothing, and worked his way up through the ranks (pot washer at McDonald's) to self fund his success??

My understanding is that he comes from quite a privileged background but an article I read recently about him made him sound like he had nothing, and worked his way up through the ranks (pot washer at McDonald's) to self fund his success??
I don’t know about his upbringing but earlier on in this thread it was mentioned he’d sold a business for a load of money before becoming an Insta chef.

Edit: found the post.

I absolutely love him. Running to Argos to get a kilo of playdoh and letting little Charlie go crazy in the well protected room while he botches some more DIY is a brilliant parenting move. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I liked when he bought Charlie a pair of Vans and then went out and got himself an adult pair so they could match 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I absolutely love him too. He seems to have such a nice, well balanced, laid back attitude to life. One of my most favourite people on Instagram ☺

Reactions: 6