Michael Sheen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember when Jack followed the Queen on Twitter to try and get on the New Years Honours list (this is honestly pure speculation your honour!)?
Michael Sheen has actually returned his OBE! The contrast just makes me laugh.

He’s someone in the public eye who really does put his money where his mouth is. And he goes about it with a lot of self-awareness, humour, and compassion.

I’ll admit I’m a big fan of his (and think he’s just gorgeous 😍), but his attitude seems to be that it goes without saying that he’d make good use of his fame, and that helping small charities etc (in a meaningful way) is just the obvious thing to do.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture...en-gave-back-obe-to-air-views-on-royal-family
I am such a huge Michael Sheen fan. He's an absolute babe and he replies to people so gently and kindly on Twitter he makes my heart burst. Eagerly awaiting season 2 of Staged 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I am such a huge Michael Sheen fan. He's an absolute babe and he replies to people so gently and kindly on Twitter he makes my heart burst. Eagerly awaiting season 2 of Staged 🙂
In Welsh parlance he’s just lush :love: Omg yes, Staged is back soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Remember when Jack followed the Queen on Twitter to try and get on the New Years Honours list (this is honestly pure speculation your honour!)?
Michael Sheen has actually returned his OBE! The contrast just makes me laugh.

He’s someone in the public eye who really does put his money where his mouth is. And he goes about it with a lot of self-awareness, humour, and compassion.

I’ll admit I’m a big fan of his (and think he’s just gorgeous 😍), but his attitude seems to be that it goes without saying that he’d make good use of his fame, and that helping small charities etc (in a meaningful way) is just the obvious thing to do.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture...en-gave-back-obe-to-air-views-on-royal-family
yes he is an amazing human being, my friend was in drama club with him, they both come from Port Talbot. He still gives her a hug and stops to chat if they bump into one another.
I love the fact he has never forgotten his roots and how much he gives back to the area.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
yes he is an amazing human being, my friend was in drama club with him, they both come from Port Talbot. He still gives her a hug and stops to chat if they bump into one another.
I love the fact he has never forgotten his roots and how much he gives back to the area.
He's a legend. The Homeless World Cup was scheduled to be held in Cardiff in 2019, but they were a huge amount (think six figure sum) short of having the money to run it and were thinking they'd have to cancel. Michael Sheen donated the entire shortfall to them and that's the reason he's taken on a lot more work in the past couple of years - he basically gave them his retirement savings.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Yep
He's a legend. The Homeless World Cup was scheduled to be held in Cardiff in 2019, but they were a huge amount (think six figure sum) short of having the money to run it and were thinking they'd have to cancel. Michael Sheen donated the entire shortfall to them and that's the reason he's taken on a lot more work in the past couple of years - he basically gave them his retirement savings.
Yea, read about that last year....i utterly adore him.

Jack.....are you reading....thats how genuinely caring people act.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
omg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
And that’s how you do kindness, altruism, genuine human decency. I’m raising my hand as another member of the Michael Sheen fanclub. He’s such a brilliant human being.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I thought I couldn't love Michael Sheen more and then I saw him make a pavlova on the Celeb Bake Off...

Find it on Youtube if you think your hormones can stand it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m not even sorry for accidentally turning this into a Michael Sheen rave thread!
I love how sometimes we just go off on a tangent to talk about the good guys like Marcus Rashford, Mom Nigella, or even, no, especially, just really good, kind, resilient people we know in real life. Jack who??
Maybe we just jack in the Jack stuff and move to a new Michael Sheen fan forum. It'd do my blood pressure a world of good.
I'm going to be AWOL for a while, just found out that season 6 part 2 of Vikings has dropped on Amazon Prime.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Nice to read that stuff about Michael Sheen. He does an amazing job with the audiobook of La Belle Sauvage by Philip Pullman, if anyone is interested, I highly recommend it.

Off topic, sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Nice to read that stuff about Michael Sheen. He does an amazing job with the audiobook of La Belle Sauvage by Philip Pullman, if anyone is interested, I highly recommend it.

Off topic, sorry.
Omg yes I wanted to say this! I think I’m actually in love with him. Loved the book, and his voice is a dream. I’ve listened to him on a few different podcasts, and the way he talks about his children, his family, his ethics and his interests is just beautiful. On topic - he’s the complete opposite of nasty Jack, who somehow feels that she’s a saint on earth. He is full of a warmth and natural kindness that Jack can only pretend to have.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I adore Michael Sheen too (I grew up not too far away from him 🔺 ). Highly rec the audiobook of Neil Gaiman's Sandman - he plays Lucifer by way of a David Bowie impersonation (the comic character is drawn like 80s bleach blond Bowie, it's not a totally off-the-wall decision) so it's a triple Gaiman/Sheen/Bowie fangirl extravaganza for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thought I’d start a “rave about thread” for the lovely Michael Sheen, after seeing that we have a bit of a fan club for him in another forum!

Who else is a fan? Any favourite roles of his?

I don’t even know where to start. I always thought he was an insanely skilled actor, but then I realised he’s freaking gorgeous, in looks and personality! Then I found out about what a decent guy he is, with the way he is passionate about using his fame to good use and support so many worthwhile causes 😍 I couldn’t help but fall in love a bit.
Theres SO much more I could say!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had never heard of him until he played Aziraphale but since then I have become a huge fan as well. He seems a very genuine and nice guy.

I love his wild welsh hair as I also have wild welsh hair 😄 I don't have such a fabulous beard though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had never heard of him until he played Aziraphale but since then I have become a huge fan as well. He seems a very genuine and nice guy.

I love his wild welsh hair as I also have wild welsh hair 😄 I don't have such a fabulous beard though.
🤣 I bet your hair’s amazing!

I love him all bearded and hairy, sometimes he wears a tartan shirt and I suddenly have a thing for lumberjacks!
In my eyes he‘s even more attractive now, in his 50s. Oh, and he just won “beard of the year”! 🥳

Reactions: 5
I like Michael, he makes me proud to be welsh. I adored him as Aziraphale. I think it’s lovely that he hasn’t forgotten his roots and does so much for charity. I do think he can be a bit snippy on Twitter on times though.

Reactions: 5
Just here to add my ❤

My friend who now lives well away from Port Talbot was at school with Michael and in the local drama club with him .

She bumps into him from time to time when she visits and has sent me a selfie of them. She is promising to phone me and make him speak to me when she next bumps into him.....yeah yeah...it'll never happen but I can dream, lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The Prodigal Son tv series isn't great, but Michael Sheen is completely over-actingly amazing in it. Anyone else suffered the bad plot just for the 'Michael Sheen as Hannibal Lecter style convict' in it?

1609358730652.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4