Michael Mosely

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if gurus is the right place for him, but not sure where else he would be? Maybe health gurus?

(Dr) Michael Mosley regularly appears in the Daily Mail with articles relating to his books on gut health, how to lose weight etc. Slightly controversial in that he’s a psychologist, not a medical Dr, and so causes a bit of controversy. I personally enjoy his articles, but what does everyone else think?

He had a really interesting series about medical discoveries and how doctors experimented on themselves to make discoveries, cannot remember what it was called though. I also found the doc about fasting very interesting, I did it for a while and it really did work for weight loss and I actually felt better, need to re-start it!
I had no idea he wasn't a medical doctor though!

I've just been reading his Fast 800 Keto book and it all sounds a bit too good to be true tbh. I have a significant amount of weight to lose and this way of eating suggests I'll lose loads, lose it quickly and not be hungry!

I've just been reading his Fast 800 Keto book and it all sounds a bit too good to be true tbh. I have a significant amount of weight to lose and this way of eating suggests I'll lose loads, lose it quickly and not be hungry!
I have read that and his other 800 books and if it were that easy we would all be doing it.

Reactions: 1
I would roll my eyes whenever I saw a new one of his documentary series on as they're all just the same. I have became interested in IF as my health is in decline in my early 30s which is absolutely shocking and I am enjoying reading his book and the amount of research and evidence he seems to have. Saying that I won't be spending any money on any of his products as that's just another diet trying to get your money which is sad to see.

Reactions: 1
I have read that and his other 800 books and if it were that easy we would all be doing it.
That is very true 🤣

However I suppose I want it to be easy and to lose at a fast rate as at 1lb/2lbs or whatever a week it's going to take a long, long time before I notice any discernable difference in my size. I'm looking at needing to lose 10 stone plus to be anywhere near a healthy weight and it's an incredibly daunting prospect.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That is very true 🤣

However I suppose I want it to be easy and to lose at a fast rate as at 1lb/2lbs or whatever a week it's going to take a long, long time before I notice any discernable difference in my size. I'm looking at needing to lose 10 stone plus to be anywhere near a healthy weight and it's an incredibly daunting prospect.
It took me a year to go from 15.5 to 10 stone, calorie counting with a little fasting plus walking and aqua aerobics.
Stick at it and you will get there.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Slightly controversial in that he’s a psychologist, not a medical Dr
He did get a medical degree, is definitely not a psychologist. Was going to be a psychiatrist but didn’t do the training and went into tv instead. He’s no longer registered to work as a Dr

Reactions: 2