Michael Barrymore - death in the pool

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else been following this story?

I feel so sorry for Stuart’s family 😥 somebody knows something and he was brutally murdered.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
No I haven’t but I’m hearing it come up in conversation a lot. What happened? I thought someone accidentally drowned at a party but apparently not??

Reactions: 4
No I haven’t but I’m hearing it come up in conversation a lot. What happened? I thought someone accidentally drowned at a party but apparently not??
At the time people thought he drowned but it quickly became apparent he was horrifically sexually assaulted & murdered at Michael Barrymore’s house during a party. The people at the party have never said anything but obviously somebody knows something.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I must admit, something about the father didn't sit right with me.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I haven't seen the documentary but have read the latest, that he was brutally raped and murdered. I'm heartbroken for his family, and his poor dad, in a nursing home with all sorts of health issues. I really hope justice is done while he is still alive. At least it's back in the public eye again and people know now that this really happened to Stuart, which is something.

That was the thought at the time but it's since come to light through pathologist's reports that he had serious internal injuries - it appears he was raped with the pool thermometer, absolutely horrific. Barrymore packed a bag and left his house before the police even arrived on the night. A lot of things in the house were also moved, tampered with and/or hidden before the police got there, including the thermometer and a door handle, so maybe a door handle was used on him too 😢 there was also a towel with blood on it, which was proven to be Stuart's blood.

Somebody in that crowd of low lives definitely knows what happened that night and it's disgusting. I'm worried that it's too late to find someone guilty because there would be no forensic evidence now, but I'm no legal expert, would a conviction after so long still be possible?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Got it on now. I remember bits from the news back when it happened but I was young.

Reactions: 1
I genuinely believe if it was a woman there would have been an arrest.

Reactions: 32
Yes, but there seemed to be something disingenuous about him.
If I was in a room with someone who may know what happened to my child there is no way I can imagine myself laughing with them. It wouldn't matter how charismatic or entertaining they were. In fact, that would infuriate more. Especially since he knew about the injuries that were sustained. I found that hard to stomach and it's not even my child. So the notion of laughing with someone who could be responsible...I find that hard to process.
I hope someone comes forward and answers are given, but again, what can you believe? There will always be reasonable doubt. There is no concrete evidence linking the injuries being afflicted by anyone in particular. It'll be a case of taking someone's word for it. And can you honestly say that you could trust someone's word if it's had to be bought for £40k?

Reactions: 10
I've never liked Barrymore. There was always something I couldn't put my finger on. But when this happened, my dislike deepened. He's never been co operative, he's very evasive & he left the scene of a crime for god's sake! He knows exactly what happened that night but didn't want to ruin his career.

He comes across as a man who only thinks of himself. Poor woe is me Michael. It was my house, my party, my poor career etc. He hasn't given a damn about poor Stuart's family. I felt so much for his father. I don't think he or any of his other guests will ever talk though. It's disgusting.

Reactions: 65
I watched and while I don't think Barrymore did it he 100% knows what happened.

Reactions: 37
I genuinely believe if it was a woman there would have been an arrest.
The sad thing is this is so true. A woman raped and murdered would be so much more likley to get a conviction.

Barrymore is a nasty man, only grannies liked his shows back there. All he ever cared about is his own reputation and has zero compassion.

It's ruined his poor dads life also.

Reactions: 25
Barrymore is supposedly in AA; I have a couple of friends who are in AA too and there's much more to it than just not drinking anymore. You go through a process where you have to make amends, admit all your wrongdoings and things that you have guilt about, it's one of the key steps in getting well again. I do wonder about him with this, when you consider some of the steps:
  • Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
  • Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
  • Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
  • Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
Apparently not following the program, and not 'living' the program, affects your sobriety (as in your spiritual sobriety). So it makes me think that he's not doing AA properly (a PR move maybe, with talking about it publicly on Piers Morgan's Life Stories?) or maybe he has shared with fellow AA goers what really happened, but everything there is kept confidential...? It's just such a horrendous thing to have to live with that I struggle to know how he does it.

Not really sure where I'm going with this but something about it doesn't sit well with me.

Reactions: 16
I watched and while I don't think Barrymore did it he 100% knows what happened.
I agree with this totally. I think everyone in that house that night knows what happened. Which is exactly why they haven’t accused each other, mentioned it or ever discussed it.

I hope Stuart’s family get closure and answers. If it was my child I wouldn’t stop until I found out what happened

Reactions: 18
My dad when he was printer/publisher worked with Michael Barrymore back in the day when he was big and said he was an odd fellow. One minute he was completely sane - the next barking mad. My dad just figured he was on drugs.

Reactions: 15
If anyone on this Barrymore thread wants to listen to me ramble about my thoughts on the documentary I did a set on insta stories on it...my IG handle is the same as my name here.

Reactions: 5
Omg the thing about his internal injuries makes me feel sick. I need to watch this doc.
Its really well put together I thought. I learned so much about what happend! I never knew he was a straight guy Barrymore picked up in a club for starters!

If anyone on this Barrymore thread wants to listen to me ramble about my thoughts on the documentary I did a set on insta stories on it...my IG handle is the same as my name here.
Apparently I already follow you 🤣 will have a listen!!

Reactions: 3